***Serious Topic For The Guys*** NT How Do You Break Up With Your Barber

hollakid619

Banned
Ok so this all started a week or so ago. I go into my usual barber shop but the dude that normally cuts my hair isnt there. This guy been cuttin my hair thatlast 10 times or so. I take a quick look around and still, no where to be found. After a while this dude ask me "You need a cut?". I was on my wayto work and I was on some Cousin It status do I got in the chair. I told the dude how I wanted it and he started cuttin. Topic of cars came up, woman,sports, and normal barbershop bafoonery. After he lined me up he took a razor and went over it again to get my lines SHARP. I was like
nerd.gif
. My usual guy never did that. I was in the chair for about 30 mins and rightwhen I was gettin up to leave, guess who walks in the shop? Yup, the usual dude.

Usual dude: Whats this?
Me: Mybad man. You wasnt here and I gotta head to work.
Usual dude: But you coulda called me.
Me: I dont even have ya number. (I dont even know his name. Thats why im calling him "Uaual Dude")
Usual dude: Well lemmie give you my card (writes down number on the card and hands it to me)
Me: Iight son, I got you next time.

I turn around to look in the mirror and my ##!@ is TIGHT. I had to step back and
I was so impressed I gave homeboy a $10 tip (more than I ever tipped Usual Dude)

I was on vacation for about 10 days so I wanted to get a cut today before I head into work. I reach there and Usual Dude is nowhere to be found. Next thing Ihear "Yo, you need a cut?". It was the same dude from last time. I didnt wanna get into that whole foolishness again to I told him nah. I steppedoutside and called Usual Dude and asked him if he was gonna be in today. I was praying to god he would say no, but he said "Yeah, Im sitting rightoutside in the white car".
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
He cuts my hair while talking on the cell phone and does a half!!@ job. When I looked in the mirror it went from,
indifferent.gif
to
grin.gif
to
mad.gif
. I paid and left.

Now my question is, how do I just not go to him anymore? Dude has look out for me in the past and let me skip people but the grass is greener 2 chairs down. Do I have to just find a new shop? Help me out ya'll. (No $$*+, pause, and all that good ##!@ )

Notes of clif:
  • Got a usual barber
  • Let someone else cut my hair
  • Person does a better job
  • He see me and gives me his number for the future
  • He cuts my hair again today and its WACK

I just found a new one basically. I went to this shop since it opened and had same dude forever. then a new guy comes in and is dope as hell but every time Igo in there I get the same bunk cut from dude who got hella comfortable. I always wanted to go to othere dude but I can tell it would never happen. SoI justbounced out on the place

I had the same problem now the other barber just doesnt talk to me any more , i only talk to guy that cuts my hair now

Just let the guy that cut you last time keep givin you cuts. The "usual" barber will get the hint.

I haven't done it yet, but I think my barber might be breaking up with me (well all his clients actually)
Last time I called him to get a cut he didn't answer his phone and the head of the shop said he hasn't showed up to work or called anybody sinceValentines Day. That was like 3 weeks ago. I gotta go there Saturday and if he doesn't answer his phone it's over.

With your situation though it would be like breakng up with your GF and dating her best friend. Very little good can come out of this.

Wait outside, see if he's occupied and if he is...go in and say "Damn, forgot to make an appointment, I'll just go with another".

...Every time.

I just go with whoever cuts my hair the best. Luckily my boy still does otherwise he would get pissed if I switched barbers and I'd have to switch shops.

Originally Posted by GrandaddyPurp415

I just found a new one basically. I went to this shop since it opened and had same dude forever. then a new guy comes in and is dope as hell but every time I go in there I get the same bunk cut from dude who got hella comfortable. I always wanted to go to othere dude but I can tell it would never happen. SoI just bounced out on the place

Yo, can you give details on the new barbershop? Or maybe on the old 1?

You know new trim always feels better than old trim. But still put together a killer breakup mix word to nick and norah.

You: Aye, my man, lately it just seems like you're not putting in as much as you used to, and I think its time we parted ways.
Him: Damn son, it's like that?
You: I'm afraid so...........

(You then proceed to walk 2 chairs further into the barber shop and park yourself in your new seat)

You: (in your best Frank Lucas impersonation) My Man

at least that's how I'd do it...........cold-blooded

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

You: Aye, my man, lately it just seems like you're not putting in as much as you used to, and I think its time we parted ways.
Him: Damn son, it's like that?
You: I'm afraid so...........

(You then proceed to walk 2 chairs further into the barber shop and park yourself in your new seat)

You: (in your best Frank Lucas impersonation) My Man

at least that's how I'd do it...........cold-blooded
Then your current guy zeke's you
laugh.gif

I'm telling you man you can't win in this situation. Maybe just casually ask your barber to be a little tighter with the line up or something.

This might be the case with me soon
Ive been going to my barber for 11 years..11 long years
He always did me right, never took me for granted, but recently, hes been slacking..he got lazy with it and doesnt even wanna got the extra mile..he thinksthat just because i been with him for 11 years, he can do me wrong and i wont get buck. So last week, I walked in and he wasnt there..i called and he didntpick up..So i glanced at the next dude and he gave me this look that he acknowledged me..So i go and see him, and he does me RIGHT..It was the best i ever gotthis year. So i give him a 4 dollar tip, I give my usual a 2 dollar tip..And so as i leave, he whispers to me "Dont tell ___(insert my reg. barbersname)..and i agree..Its sort of like a secret now..When my regular barber cant come through, I go to him..If he finds out I'm creepin, he'll be upset,but its his fault..He cant do me like the new barber does me.

Man i'm going through this now, but my situation is different...

'bout a year go my barber just stopped showin' up, found out this guy was an alky and went to rehab and whatnot, he shows up out the blue last week,same chair and everything like nothings changed...mean while some other guy's been hookin' me up for the past year, and he cuts better than him. I cameinto the shop this past weekend and seen my old barber he was mad excited to see me and +@+#, but when i didn't sit in his chair he looked sad. He hit mewith the puppy dog eyes
laugh.gif
. After i was done he was like i'm back now, i got you next time and i'm damn, **#! i'm 'posed to do now...

When my regular barber cant come through, I go to him..If he finds out I'm creepin, he'll be upset, but its his fault..He cant do me like the new barber does me.
*spits out arizona iced tea*

Originally Posted by FlyNY

He always did me right, never took me for granted, but recently, hes been slacking..he got lazy with it and doesnt even wanna got the extra mile..he thinks that just because i been with him for 11 years, he can do me wrong and i wont get buck. So last week, I walked in and he wasnt there..i called and he didnt pick up..So i glanced at the next dude and he gave me this look that he acknowledged me..So i go and see him, and he does me RIGHT..It was the best i ever got this year. So i give him a 4 dollar tip, I give my usual a 2 dollar tip..And so as i leave, he whispers to me "Dont tell ___(insert my reg. barbers name)..and i agree..Its sort of like a secret now..When my regular barber cant come through, I go to him..If he finds out I'm creepin, he'll be upset, but its his fault..He cant do me like the new barber does me.
laugh.gif
roll.gif
I know what you mean though. Guys have a lot of man love for their barbers.

Originally Posted by Definition Of Dopeness

'bout a year go my barber just stopped showin' up, found out this guy was an alky and went to rehab and whatnot, he shows up out the blue last week, same chair and everything like nothings changed...mean while some other guy's been hookin' me up for the past year, and he cuts better than him. I came into the shop this past weekend and seen my old barber he was mad excited to see me and +@+#, but when i didn't sit in his chair he looked sad. He hit me with the puppy dog eyes
laugh.gif
. After i was done he was like i'm back now, i got you next time and i'm damn, **#! i'm 'posed to do now...
Stand by your man through the best and the worst fam a lam.

..Damn man this topic makes me want to go get a fresh one Right now
devil.gif

Edit: I feel ya tho man...Different situation here, my boy used to Cut me up all the time, used to give me lil tapers when i had the braids goin and then wheni decided to cut it he was there..But he started jagging me, pushing my linning back, dude was rushing it everytime like on that hurry up get in and get outtip.....So i had to do what i had to do, ended up letting HIS barber cut me up....
roll.gif
roll.gif
Homie stay lookin out, everytime i come back to the cityfrom school its free...My guy was salty but he knows wassup, gotta be on point with it

Yeah i switched barbers also had dude for like 6 years, then dude was effing up with the shape ups, he was leaving them uneven.
I went to get a design once and homie gave me a fresh +%+ cut, so ive been with him since.
There are a lot of people i know that switch barbers in the same shop but i cant see myself doing that, but like you said he doesn't even pay attentionwhile cutting, so i would just move on.
Where you from? In NYC they always do the razor line up afterwards.

Its funny one of my longest replies is in a barbershop thread, but its a serious topic.
laugh.gif

You got to understand how it work in Barber Shops, first time a dude cut your hair, he's going to be extra focused just to get you back in that chairagain.

He always did me right, never took me for granted, but recently, hes been slacking..he got lazy with it and doesnt even wanna got the extra mile..he thinks that just because i been with him for 11 years, he can do me wrong and i wont get buck. So last week, I walked in and he wasnt there..i called and he didnt pick up..So i glanced at the next dude and he gave me this look that he acknowledged me..So i go and see him, and he does me RIGHT..It was the best i ever got this year. So i give him a 4 dollar tip, I give my usual a 2 dollar tip..And so as i leave, he whispers to me "Dont tell ___(insert my reg. barbers name)..and i agree..Its sort of like a secret now..When my regular barber cant come through, I go to him..If he finds out I'm creepin, he'll be upset, but its his fault..He cant do me like the new barber does me.
We still talkin about hair?

Originally Posted by Definition Of Dopeness

'bout a year go my barber just stopped showin' up, found out this guy was an alky and went to rehab and whatnot, he shows up out the blue last week, same chair and everything like nothings changed...mean while some other guy's been hookin' me up for the past year, and he cuts better than him. I came into the shop this past weekend and seen my old barber he was mad excited to see me and +@+#, but when i didn't sit in his chair he looked sad. He hit me with the puppy dog eyes
laugh.gif

puppy dog eyes lol

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

but seriously i dont think i could ever switch barbers but stay goin to the same shop

Back
Top Bottom