***SF Giants 2009 Season Thread (88-74)***

[h1]EXCLUSIVE: Giants Call on Sadowski and Downs[/h1]
July 21, 2009

SAN FRANCISCO, CA: After the Giants have dropped three of the first four games of the second half of the 2009 season, management has decided to shake thing up a bit.

The Giants have optioned Kevin Fransden to Triple A and called up Matt Downs. They also have placed Rich Aurilia on the disabled list.

As Comcast Sportsnet Bay Area first reported last night, the Giants have now officially recalled Ryan Sadowksi from Triple A to start tonight against the Braves in Atlanta.

Originally Posted by MFr3shM

Tommy Hanson is no average pitcher.

looking forward to Wednesday's game Tim Lincecum
pimp.gif
vs Jair Jurrjens
pimp.gif
I dont think the average pitcher comment was directed at Hanson. Our team tends to make crappy pitchers look great. Our last series before theBraves was against the Pirates, and if I didnt know any better, I would have thought we were facing Maddux, Glavine and Smoltz.

Originally Posted by patrickcakes

[h1]EXCLUSIVE: Giants Call on Sadowski and Downs[/h1]
July 21, 2009

SAN FRANCISCO, CA: After the Giants have dropped three of the first four games of the second half of the 2009 season, management has decided to shake thing up a bit.

The Giants have optioned Kevin Fransden to Triple A and called up Matt Downs. They also have placed Rich Aurilia on the disabled list.

As Comcast Sportsnet Bay Area first reported last night, the Giants have now officially recalled Ryan Sadowksi from Triple A to start tonight against the Braves in Atlanta.

There you go guys.

Management heard our concerns and made moves. Now sit back and enjoy Giants baseball.

Originally Posted by NothingToL0se

downs
pimp.gif

dont get why he got sent down earlier? unless he was hurt or something.
He was hitting under .200. Frandsen was doing crappy too, but I think the organization still wanted to give Frandsen the first crack at 2nd.

Since the all star break, Ive felt like I was watching the 2008 Giants. So frustrating....

Originally Posted by badboyf0life420

going to be at the game vs the dodgers next month aug 8 weekend... anyone going to that game? should i get ready to bring on my flamesuit wearing my dodger gear???

lol a flamed suit wont do jack in real life

Originally Posted by SuperSaiyan415

going to be at the game vs the dodgers next month aug 8 weekend... anyone going to that game? should i get ready to bring on my flamesuit wearing my dodger gear???

He might as well wear a bodybag,much easier.

Originally Posted by John Ohh

Originally Posted by SuperSaiyan415

He might as well wear a bodybag,much easier.

laugh.gif

Anybody else feel like tomorrow's game is the biggest game of the year? It just feels like this could be the turning point in the season. If they lose withLincecum on the mound, it could be demoralizing.

Gammons said on Baseball Tonight that the Indians will listen to offers for Victor Martinez. For what it's worth, I think it would take a lot to get him.

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

Anybody else feel like tomorrow's game is the biggest game of the year? It just feels like this could be the turning point in the season. If they lose with Lincecum on the mound, it could be demoralizing.
I agree with you on that one.

If we do lose with Lincecum tomorrow then how are we supposed to feel better the next day when we have the Rockies to deal with?

I'm sure glad I had school stuff these last two games so I didn't have to watch these blowouts.
I been busy the past week and haven't seen a game until today. Didn't even see it all though because I was so tired this morning that Ifell asleep when the Giants were down 0-1. Guess I didn't miss much and maybe it was better I didn't see them take another beating.

Originally Posted by Tim Lincecum

Anybody else feel like tomorrow's game is the biggest game of the year? It just feels like this could be the turning point in the season. If they lose with Lincecum on the mound, it could be demoralizing.
I agree with you on that one.

If we do lose with Lincecum tomorrow then how are we supposed to feel better the next day when we have the Rockies to deal with?
With Zito going...

Could get really ugly.

^Not necessarily if we lose tomorrow, but if Timmy gets knocked around then it would turn for the worst.

Back
Top Bottom