***SF Giants 2009 Season Thread (88-74)***

I don't think Cain was trying to push bunt on his own accord. If Bochy wanted that he's an idiot...he's not that bad of a hitter. I think he couldhave hit a sac fly, but I guess staying away from the double play was the main focus.

Originally Posted by BDavis5

Originally Posted by LB510

Originally Posted by RaWeX05

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

[table][tr][td] [table][tr][td]Monday, August 3[/td] [td][img]http://houston.astros.mlb.com/images/schedule/icon_ticket.gif[/img] Minute Maid Park | 7:05 PM CT[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td]
probables_divider.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td] [/td] [td]Matt Cain, RHP (12-2, 2.12)
Giants (58-47)[/td] [td]@[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Mike Hampton, LHP (6-8, 5.36)
Astros (52-53)[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td]
probables_divider.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Scouting Report:
Giants: Cain is certainly setting the pace for his fellow National League Cy Young Award candidates, teammate Tim Lincecum among them. Wednesday against the Pittsburgh Pirates, Cain allowed just three hits and whiffed four over nine innings of work but received a no-decision in the Giants' extra-inning victory. The right-hander has received 5.15 runs of support per game, the most among San Francisco's starters. He finished July with a 3-0 record and 1.23 ERA. In his lone start against the Houston Astros in 2008, Cain pitched eight innings and won.
Astros: Four of Hampton's six wins this year have come against the Pirates. He was rocked for eight hits and a season-high nine runs in his previous start Wednesday in Chicago, losing to the Cubs for the first time since 2000. He's 15-4 with a 3.59 ERA in 26 career appearances (23 starts) against the Giants.
[/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]
trans.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td]Tuesday, August 4[/td] [td][img]http://houston.astros.mlb.com/images/schedule/icon_ticket.gif[/img] Minute Maid Park | 7:05 PM CT[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td]
probables_divider.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td] [/td] [td]Jonathan Sanchez, LHP (4-9, 4.81)
Giants (58-47)[/td] [td]@[/td] [td] [/td] [td]To be announced
probables_divider.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Scouting Report:
Giants: Staked to a seven-run lead Thursday against the Philadelphia Phillies, Jonathan Sanchez yielded two runs on three hits over 5 2/3 frames. He lacked control at times, walking three. The lefty has issued at least three free passes in 13 of 17 starts this season. Sanchez finished the month with a 2-1 record and 3.25 ERA; that included his July 10 no-hitter. In his last appearance against the Houston Astros on July 3, Sanchez pitched two scoreless innings of relief.

[/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]
trans.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td]Wednesday, August 5[/td] [td][img]http://houston.astros.mlb.com/images/schedule/icon_ticket.gif[/img] Minute Maid Park | 1:05 PM CT[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td]
probables_divider.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td] [/td] [td]To be announced
Giants (58-47)[/td] [td]@[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Brian Moehler, RHP (7-6, 4.99)
probables_divider.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Scouting Report:
Giants: This was Ryan Sadowski's slot in the rotation until the Giants optioned the rookie right-hander to Triple-A Fresno on Saturday. Sadowski allowed one run on three hits Friday against the Philadelphia Phillies but left the game after four innings with tightness in his throwing shoulder. He was 0-4 in his previous four outings prior to the demotion. Manager Bruce Bochy was not yet prepared to announce who would make this start against the Houston Astros but confirmed that Joe Martinez and Kevin Pucetas, both pitching well at Triple-A Fresno, were among the candidates.
Astros: Moehler pitched well in his previous start Friday in St. Louis, a game the Astros lost when the bullpen allowed two runs in the eighth. Moehler went 6 2/3 innings and gave up seven hits and two runs, including a homer to Mark DeRosa. That was his seventh quality starts in his past nine outings, lowering his ERA to 4.99. He's 1-1 with an 8.88 ERA in six career games against the Giants.
[/td] [/tr][/table]
I dont see the astros winning with these guys pitching
laugh.gif

Eh, Giants haven't proven they can win on the road no matter who we have pitching. Astros can hit and in that park it's going to be tough to win. Should be a good series.

It shouldn't be a good series it should be a great series we should take all 3
smh.gif

I'm at a loss for words
smh.gif

Are chance of winning the series is at 20% IMO
I have faith we won't get swept though we better not
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Going to a Lincecum vs Homer Bailey start on Friday! Go Timmy!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Took long enough, but we're finally going to a Lincecum start.
pimp.gif

Time to unleash the foam-K.
laugh.gif

I just feel like yesterday was are day to set the tone or the series and build on the momentum from the previous series with the Astros. 20% was a little harshso I'd say 30. I dont see Sanchez and Sadowski both getting wins.

Originally Posted by LB510

I just feel like yesterday was are day to set the tone or the series and build on the momentum from the previous series with the Astros. 20% was a little harsh so I'd say 30. I dont see Sanchez and Sadowski both getting wins.
I don't see how Sadowski can get a win this series, he was sent down last week. Joe Martinez is slated to come back for the final game of theseries.

Where are the percents coming from?

I just don't see how you can go from saying the Giants should sweep to saying they only have a 20% chance to win the next two. It's not like thestarting pitchers have changed, major injuries, etc. Your logic is flawed.

Bip Roberts is effing killing me. "We're talking about winning innings. If you win every inning, you'll win the game." You serious Bip?Thanks for the great insight.

Back
Top Bottom