***SF Giants 2009 Season Thread (88-74)***

Sorry Kung Fu Panda, I haven't been voting today
embarassed.gif
. I'm busy at Starbucks studying material for my 2nd job interview.

When does voting end?

Originally Posted by aec23

good move by sabean letting the league know Bumgarner is compeltely off-limits.

I always
laugh.gif
when a GM or owner makes a comment that one of their players or prospects is "off limits." I say that is such BS. No one should be, andno one IS off limits. You think if Omar Minaya called Sabean and offered Johan Santana and Jose Reyes for Bumgarner and Renteria that Sabean would say no? Idont think he would even have to think twice about it.

An owner or GM should NEVER publicly state that one of their players is "off limits".......because it simply is not true.

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Sorry Kung Fu Panda, I haven't been voting today
embarassed.gif
. I'm busy at Starbucks studying material for my 2nd job interview.

When does voting end?
I think Thursday is the last day to vote so keep stuffing the ballot til then. About the Bumgarner thing, publicly saying a player is off limitsmay not be true, but it gives other GM's the allusion that it's going to take a king's ransom to get that player.

tired.gif
FRANCHISE 55 wrote:

If I counted right I voted 150 times. I might as well since I'm just watching tv anyways.
Im about to do some work
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

I shouldn't have to tho
tired.gif

From ESPN Insider:
[h3]DEBUNKED: Giants shift hitting targets[/h3]Giants' general manager Brian Sabean dismissed speculation that the Giants are trying to land Jermaine Dye of the White Sox or Victor Martinez of the Indians in a deal. In an interview with KNBR Radio in San Francisco, Sabean called both names "pie in the sky." RELATED
07.6.09 The Giants are looking at Sanchez and LaRoche, however Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
"The Pirates and San Francisco have had trade talks regarding second baseman Freddy Sanchez and, to a lesser extent, first baseman Adam LaRoche, each of whom can be a free agent after this season. The Giants have had a scout following Sanchez, a source confirmed yesterday, and their interest in LaRoche goes back several months."

I voted like a hundred times yesterday. The rest of you better be doing the same. Im going to be pissed if I cant own a Sandoval AS Jersey in a few weeks.

Just bought the Giants Bobblehead 4 pack. 4 games for ~ $60 and 3 out of the 4 are bobblehead games. Nice. This was off Sfgiants.com

[h3]Kinsler, Sandoval early Final Vote leaders[/h3]Rangers 2B, Giants 3B leading out of gate for All-Star spot
By Mark Newman / MLB.com

07/06/09 4:57 PM ET

Rangers second baseman Ian Kinsler and Giants third baseman Pablo Sandoval are the early leaders in the 2009 All-Star Game Sprint Final Vote, which is under way through 4 p.m. ET on Thursday exclusively at MLB.com.

Lets keep it up!!

EDIT: Just saw this

[h2]Shoulder lands Johnson on DL[/h2]

Associated Press

SAN FRANCISCO -- The Giants have placed left-hander Randy Johnson on the 15-day disabled list with a strained shoulder.

2131.jpg

Johnson

Johnson originally hurt the shoulder on a swing Sunday and left his start after committing a throwing error in the top of the fourth inning.

The 45-year-old Johnson (8-6) underwent an MRI exam Monday that revealed the strain.

Manager Bruce Bochy says he hopes the Big Unit, who has won 303 career games, can pitch when his 15 days are up.

Johnson earlier this season became the 24th player to reach the 300-win milestone.

Infielder Kevin Frandsen was recalled from Triple-A Fresno to fill the spot.

Originally Posted by dland24

I voted like a hundred times yesterday. The rest of you better be doing the same. Im going to be pissed if I cant own a Sandoval AS Jersey in a few weeks.
I've voted 470 times give or take a few. It's hard to keep count.
laugh.gif

As Radnich would say, get a life.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by UsedToBeCool

[h3]Kinsler, Sandoval early Final Vote leaders[/h3]Rangers 2B, Giants 3B leading out of gate for All-Star spot
By Mark Newman / MLB.com

07/06/09 4:57 PM ET

Rangers second baseman Ian Kinsler and Giants third baseman Pablo Sandoval are the early leaders in the 2009 All-Star Game Sprint Final Vote, which is under way through 4 p.m. ET on Thursday exclusively at MLB.com.
Lets keep it up!!

EDIT: Just saw this

[h2]Shoulder lands Johnson on DL[/h2]

Associated Press

SAN FRANCISCO -- The Giants have placed left-hander Randy Johnson on the 15-day disabled list with a strained shoulder.

2131.jpg

Johnson

Johnson originally hurt the shoulder on a swing Sunday and left his start after committing a throwing error in the top of the fourth inning.

The 45-year-old Johnson (8-6) underwent an MRI exam Monday that revealed the strain.

Manager Bruce Bochy says he hopes the Big Unit, who has won 303 career games, can pitch when his 15 days are up.

Johnson earlier this season became the 24th player to reach the 300-win milestone.

Infielder Kevin Frandsen was recalled from Triple-A Fresno to fill the spot.

Just read the Pablo thing earlier and started voted again like 5 mins ago.

Also hope Johnson gets better. Sucks to get injured the way he did.

Back
Top Bottom