***SF Giants 2009 Season Thread (88-74)***

Originally Posted by chris82790

2-0 Giants
pimp.gif
- P.Sandoval singled to right, Lincecum scored, Winn to third.
- On passed ball by I.Rodriguez, Winn scored.

[h2]Sandoval taken out with bad knee bruise[/h2]
Posted by Andrew Baggarly on July 4th, 2009 at 4:36 pm | Categorized as Uncategorized

Pablo Sandoval slid across the plate like he was trying to pick up a 7-10 split. Instead, all he did was tear most of the skin off his right knee. He was tagged out trying to score in the fifth inning and was taken out in the sixth.

Giants Manager Bruce Bochy said Sandoval is day-to-day and seemed doubtful he would start Sunday. But the Big Panda was more optimistic, saying the knee already was feeling better. We'll see what it's like tomorrow, though. These things have a way of stiffening up.

Also, Bruce Bochy won his 1,138th game as a big league manager, tying Hall of Famer Frankie Frisch for 43rd all-time. He's within two of drawing even with Minnesota's Tom Kelly and needs 10 more to match Davey Johnson.

So i'm sitting on the field yesterday @ Petco, and I take a gander to the scoreboard in RCF, and on the top right corner I see 13-0. WHAT THE HELL!!!

And Today: I'm in the RF bleachers, take another look and almost the same damn score.

WHAT GIVES?!
laugh.gif

I didn't have any time to catch up since I was in SD trying to enjoy it. Power surge? Things finally clicking? Taking advantage of bad pitchers? WHAT?!

laugh.gif

smokin.gif
congrats though fellas

Was at the game today, another dominant performance by Timmy. I have to say I was kinda laughing watching Pablo try to bust it around 3rd on that play, but Ihope he doesn't have to miss any time b/c of it.

[h1]Giants, Pirates Discussed Sanchez, LaRoche[/h1]
From Dejan Kovacevic of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette:

The Pirates and San Francisco have had trade talks regarding second baseman Freddy Sanchez and, to a lesser extent, first baseman Adam LaRoche, each of whom can be a free agent after this season. The Giants have had a scout following Sanchez, a source confirmed yesterday, and their interest in LaRoche goes back several months. Their preference at first base, though, is for a right-handed bat.

How many All-Stars do we get tomorrow? Two for sure with Lincecum and Cain. Pablo will get serious considerations, as well. How about Wilson,Affledt?

Cain and Lincecum should be locks. Wilson should be as well.

I think Pablo has done enough to put himself in the mix. David Wright gets voted in. Then you are really looking at maybe two of Pablo, Zimmerman and MarkReynolds. Zimmerman will probably get in even though he has been pretty bad for the last few weeks. He had that streak, and is kind of a feel good story. Idont believe that statistically, he deserves to be there over Pablo, but there needs to be a National. Mark Reynolds has 23 bombs. TWENTY THREE. Its going tobe hard keeping him out of this game. Some Dodger fans have argued with me in another thread about Casey Blake, but I really dont think he should be in thediscussion at all, as statistically, at best, he is the fifth best 3B in the National League right now.

I just have a really bad feeling Pablo isnt going to make the squad. I want that Pablo AS jersey bad. Hopefully he is included in the fan vote for the lastplayer if he doesnt make it. He deserves to be there over Zimmerman.....but there needs to be a National. Im crossing my fingers though.

How many All-Stars do we get tomorrow? Two for sure with Lincecum and Cain. Pablo will get serious considerations, as well. How about Wilson, Affledt?

Affledt should get in but I dont think he will. The rest should have no problem

laugh.gif
I was just thinking about the team on the other side of the Bay if itweren't for the rule that ever team has to have one player I dont think they would get one
laugh.gif
and we could get 5
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by patrickcakes

[h1]Giants, Pirates Discussed Sanchez, LaRoche[/h1]
From Dejan Kovacevic of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette:

The Pirates and San Francisco have had trade talks regarding second baseman Freddy Sanchez and, to a lesser extent, first baseman Adam LaRoche, each of whom can be a free agent after this season. The Giants have had a scout following Sanchez, a source confirmed yesterday, and their interest in LaRoche goes back several months. Their preference at first base, though, is for a right-handed bat.

To get those two player.
pimp.gif

^ freddy sanchez has been in the giants eyes, and mine, for a few years now. Bout time we get another awesome pirates player. Laroche...I don't know. Ikinda like that he and his brother play together. I am sympathetic for th pirates btw

Zimmerman over Pablo. Saw that coming. What's up with 4 1B's? This rule that every team needs to be represented needs to stop. This isn't littleleague.

Back
Top Bottom