Shaq trade offical like referree with a whistle (Planet Orange in SHOCK)

Been seeing quite a few articles about rumors (probably little to no truth) of a possible trade:

Shawn Marion: The message the Suns have put out is that they'll stick with the core for one more run. Quietly they've listened to Marion proposals. One rumor has them talking to the Miami HEAT for Shaquille O'Neal. True or false - that's a fun one to think about. Would O'Neal be able to keep up with Steve Nash or would Phoenix slow down to accommodate?
Obviously the Suns would slow down a bit, and Shaq has slowed down BUT he's still 7'1 (or whatever) and 350 pounds. Amare would be able tomove to the 4 and maybe a little less wear and tear on his body (no hm)

I know they're probably gonna keep the core together because of their past history, but with the Gasol/Lakers trade it seems as if teams might getdesperate to make some sort of move....
The Suns had trouble with length before, what are they going to do against 7'1, 7'0 and 6'10?

If Phoenix did this ...
roll.gif

both teams would get screwed.

trading for marion would force mia to give him a long term max contract. that basically cripples the team like shaq, and marion + wade is not enough.

shaq in phx would not work, he would slow them down and wouldnt even play in the end of games. he's not the player he was anymore, he can't be reliedupon. in that situation it would force amare into a difficult position without marion to clean him up.

If you think of it, it could work. Not to run and gun, but sorta like Bill Walton was with the Celtics. Shaq could be the 6th man. The Suns could replaceMarion with Diaw and Shaq could back up Stat at the C, and also play Stat and Shaq at the same time as well. The Suns are versatile enough, it's simple,when Shaq is in, slow down and run the half court (ie playoffs) and when Shaq is on the bench, they can run all they want. You need to be able to do a littlebit of both, there you go. We all know Stat is forever in foul trouble, this would give them a viable back up. And if you thought they had trouble beforewith Odom and Bynum, add Gasol to the mix and tell me what Phoenix does there? Grant Hill?
roll.gif

I think it could work, as long as it motivates Shaq to go get another ring. They've proven they ain't winnin nothin with this current squad, why nottry a new approach?

Originally Posted by CP1708

If you think of it, it could work. Not to run and gun, but sorta like Bill Walton was with the Celtics. Shaq could be the 6th man. The Suns could replace Marion with Diaw and Shaq could back up Stat at the C, and also play Stat and Shaq at the same time as well. The Suns are versatile enough, it's simple, when Shaq is in, slow down and run the half court (ie playoffs) and when Shaq is on the bench, they can run all they want. You need to be able to do a little bit of both, there you go. We all know Stat is forever in foul trouble, this would give them a viable back up. And if you thought they had trouble before with Odom and Bynum, add Gasol to the mix and tell me what Phoenix does there? Grant Hill?
roll.gif

I think it could work, as long as it motivates Shaq to go get another ring. They've proven they ain't winnin nothin with this current squad, why not try a new approach?

You think Shaq will agree to play on the bench?
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by presequel

Originally Posted by CP1708

If you think of it, it could work. Not to run and gun, but sorta like Bill Walton was with the Celtics. Shaq could be the 6th man. The Suns could replace Marion with Diaw and Shaq could back up Stat at the C, and also play Stat and Shaq at the same time as well. The Suns are versatile enough, it's simple, when Shaq is in, slow down and run the half court (ie playoffs) and when Shaq is on the bench, they can run all they want. You need to be able to do a little bit of both, there you go. We all know Stat is forever in foul trouble, this would give them a viable back up. And if you thought they had trouble before with Odom and Bynum, add Gasol to the mix and tell me what Phoenix does there? Grant Hill?
roll.gif

I think it could work, as long as it motivates Shaq to go get another ring. They've proven they ain't winnin nothin with this current squad, why not try a new approach?

You think Shaq will agree to play on the bench?
roll.gif
roll.gif
Is he going to win a ring starting in Miami? Does he at least have a shot off the bench in Phoenix? Ball would be in his court on that one.

Not at all for PHX. Marion is a great fit for the Suns system. Shaq being there in replace of Marion would disrupt everything.

maybe if the suns can find some package not including marion it could be a great deal. even if shaq came off the bench the suns would be crazy good

I was talking about this possibility a couple of days ago with a friend. on one hand Shaq could be good fir the Suns in limited minutes in a half courtgame...however the more likely possibility is that the Suns offense would slow to a grinding halt because Shaq wouldn't be able to keep up.
There's NO trade involving Trix that would improve the Suns...he's more important to what we do than Stat.

The Miami Heat have told Shaquille O'Neal and his representation that they should be prepared for him to be traded in the near future.

Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald reports that Phoenix has discussed sending forward Shawn Marion and point guard Marcus Banks to the Heat in return forO'Neal. Shaq's representatives said they have been made aware that discussions with Phoenix are serious and ongoing, but that a deal was not definite.Marion can opt out of his contract worth $17.1 million at the end of the season. And if he opts out, the Heat would then have substantial salary cap space thisoffseason, when potential free agents include Gilbert Arenas, Baron Davis, Elton Brand, Marion, Antawn Jamison, Ron Artest and Corey Maggette. Stay tuned. Feb.5 - 6:30 pm etSource: Miami Herald

laugh.gif
Why in the hell would the Suns seriously do that? It's a TERRIBLE downgrade... If Miami wants cap space, Dallas needs to get involved with that KVHdeal...

Back
Top Bottom