Shaq trade offical like referree with a whistle (Planet Orange in SHOCK)

i agree with franchise. snaq can talk all he wants about proving people wrong this and that, but his attitude & game the last bunch of years shouldn'tbe foolin anyone

it's the same ol, same ol

short and simple, i hope Shaq is in seek and destroy mode. PHX comes too close all the time to just lose at the end. Make it happen Shaq.

I could care less about Shaq's motivated speech, just show me your A game.
grin.gif

After putting some thought into this trade, I dont think it's that bad of a deal for Phoenix.

Realistically, the chances of them winning a title with Marion were slim. The Suns realized they had to shake things up a bit if they wanted to improve theirchances at winning a title.

The one thing I doubt about this trade is Shaq's health. A lot of people in here are saying "Shaq's dangerous when he's motivated" butwhat it all comes down to is how healthy he will be in April and May.

I can be motivated to run a marathon or climb Mount Everest but I'd still have to be physically fit to do so.

You have to be a HEAT fan to really know that he loved being with the HEAT and in the city of Miami. Of course he was upset about the lost of the free-agents and he got into it with Riles but that doesn't mean that he didn't want to be with the HEAT. This wasn't like when he was in LA when he was dying to get out. He wanted to stick it out in Miami. So my statement was correct

So everything that was reported out of there was false? Shaq wanted to stay with the heat? I heard shaq saying he wanted to play out his contract but Idon't remember him saying ANYTHING about staying with the heat. Shaq is so hyped to be with the suns why wouldn't he act the same way with the heat?Wade didn't even seem upset that he was gone. I think there is a little more to it then we know and much more then what you see.

But

You have to be a HEAT fan to really know that he loved being with the HEAT and in the city of Miami. Of course he was upset about the lost of the free-agents and he got into it with Riles but that doesn't mean that he didn't want to be with the HEAT. This wasn't like when he was in LA when he was dying to get out. He wanted to stick it out in Miami. So my statement was correct

So everything that was reported out of there was false? Shaq wanted to stay with the heat? I heard shaq saying he wanted to play out his contract but Idon't remember him saying ANYTHING about staying with the heat. Shaq is so hyped to be with the suns why wouldn't he act the same way with the heat?Wade didn't even seem upset that he was gone. I think there is a little more to it then we know and much more then what you see.

But none of this matters. The deal is done and I wish him the best...just as long as it is not vs the lakers....

Again, another thing I don't get is the people saying that that Suns team 'peaked'/it's not like they were going to win it all with that group.

Really?

Year in and year out, they're powerhouses. They've come close to making it to the big show numerous times. Yes, they've fell short, but look at theWest this year.

The Spurs don't look like your usual Spurs, the Mavericks are still the Mavericks (who the Suns can beat) and everybody else is everybody else.

IMO, the Suns WITH Marion had a good a shot to win it all along with anybody else out West this year.

Now they're basically hoping Shaq stays healthy/the changes to their offense with Shaq works out.

Time will tell.

When it all comes down to it, regardless of how well the Suns play in the season, they were not confident at all in making it to the Finals and winning withMarion. Point blank.

tupac003 wrote:

So everything that was reported out of there was false? Shaq wanted to stay with the heat? I heard shaq saying he wanted to play out his contract but I don't remember him saying ANYTHING about staying with the heat. Shaq is so hyped to be with the suns why wouldn't he act the same way with the heat? Wade didn't even seem upset that he was gone. I think there is a little more to it then we know and much more then what you see.

But none of this matters. The deal is done and I wish him the best...just as long as it is not vs the lakers....

I stand by my statement. Shaq never asked for a trade nor did he want to leave. Is he happy he got trade to a contender? Yes, wouldn't you?
The HEAT weren't gonna be able to get him another ring w/his salary. And yes he has said that he wanted to finish out his contract with the HEATand retireas a HEAT player. Why do you think this trade was a surprise? There's two reasons: 1) He didn't want nor asked for a trade. 2) No one expected anyoneto take his contract on. I hate to see the Big fella go but this was a steal IMO.

Like you said and I agree " none of this matters". Let's agree to disagree!

Watching the Shawn Marion press conference, Shawn Marion seem like an asss.....both in terms of personality and physical appearance.

Originally Posted by BullsRepeat3Peat

Originally Posted by bbllplaya23

This deal is obviously a risk but I will NEVER doubt Shaq. If he is motivated, he is capable of anything.

grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Hey, Shaq didn't lose this game tonight. Call his free-throws or whatever, but it was Nash and Diaw down the stretch that made key turnovers andessentially lost the game. If you really want to look at it, it was what happened in Game 1 that cost them the series. So Shaq could have played better butthis really isn't on him...

BullsRepeat3Peat, warned.

Thread, locked.

We can take a look back without bumping the thread to the top of the forum. You should have just linked to the thread in a reply to the game thread.

Back
Top Bottom