SHAWTY LO HAS DIED

|I

Update: Atlanta’s WSB-TV reports the accident involved a single car, not a hit-and-run as originally reported. The rapper was ejected from the vehicle during the crash and died at the scene while two women were also injured, but survived. Shawty Lo’s Twitter account has been updated with a statement as well.

Atlanta rapper Shawty Lo, real name Carlos Walker, has died in a hit-and-run accident in Georgia after leaving an Atlanta club early Wednesday morning. News of the 40-year-old’s passing hit social media and was confirmed by multiple accounts.

It appears that Walker was the victim in this hit-and-run accident on I-285 in Georgia at 2:20 AM on Wednesday morning. The reporter on hand for WSB-TV Audrey Washington retweeted Headcrack’s tweet shortly after her story went live. Washington reports that the vehicle was struck by another car, which sent the car into the guardrail, where it caught on fire and one person was ejected and later died. Two surviving passengers were taken to the hospital.

Walker rose to fame as a member of the Atlanta group D4L in the mid 2000s where their hit songs “Betcha Can’t Do It Like Me” and “Laffy Taffy” helped popularize Snap music and the latter reached No. 1 on Billboard’s Hot 100 chart. He later went solo and struck gold with a Top 40 hit of his own, “Dey Know,” which spawned multiple remixes and helped push his album to No. 2 on Billboard’s Rap Albums chart in 2008.

Walker is survived by 11 children — nine daughters and two sons — that were once to be the subjects of a reality show on Oxygen before the series was nixed.

Last edited:
tumblr_oduoyhmp3U1rrv27co1_400.gif

rip  

Last edited:
RIP

What a terrible way to die, plus all those kids he left behind

Smh

Damn, that's sad as hell to leave all those kids behind.

I copped that album Units in the City. Had some joints on there. Got Em for the L O, Cut the Check, Lets Get It and the singles. Joints were tough.

Im not gonna pretend I was a fan of dude, but rest in peace. :smh:

Dude got ejected from the car... was he wearing a seltbelt?

Last edited:
RIP Lo....

Gave me so much turn up music in 08... We played his album front to back while playing 2k and drinking before going out.

Makes me miss college.

1. Whenever someone says something that compliments / supports what I am expressing, I respond to them by saying "And ya know daaaa" in Shawty Lo voice.

2. Whenever I get something for free / cheap, i am getting it "for da shawty"

Cold lick, mayne. SMH.

:smh:

I copped that album Units in the City. Had some joints on there. Got Em for the L O, Cut the Check, Lets Get It and the singles. Joints were tough.

Threw that joint on randomly at work the other night, forgot how solid it was.

RIP, man.

Threw that joint on randomly at work the other night, forgot how solid it was.

RIP, man.

Yo as I see your sn I got an old man question, what's the story behind all these raps with "skurtskurt" ? :lol: I feel out of the loop.

Shout out to Lo not just for his work, but for the heat he brought out of TI too.

RIP to Bowen homes Carlos

Thank you & Sir Radric for the street classic trap money

Last edited:
Y'all don't understand how much I'm hurting how much the city is gonna be hurting in the days to come. Lo is a LEGEND

RIP man. Can't believe this.

Yo as I see your sn I got an old man question, what's the story behind all these raps with "skurtskurt" ? :lol: I feel out of the loop.

Shout out to Lo not just for his work, but for the heat he brought out of TI too.

:lol: It represents speeding off in a car. You know the sound cars make when they peel off.

Or just driving fast in general.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom