SHOULD I FILE A LAWSUIT?

Originally Posted by SheryarYO

Originally Posted by dead in 09

Originally Posted by SheryarYO

Originally Posted by psykhO

do whatever feels right
Somebody has to pay for this, you can't just get your %!$ beat for no reason and just let things slide...

so you're angry that you got ktfo and instead of not doing whatever provoked it again or instead of hitting the gym to make sure it never happens again, your response is to sue the bar? you didn't even sustain any significant injury...
WOW. that might be the most ignorant post I have ever seen on NT.

Am I angry? Of course I'm angry...I GOT BEAT UP FOR NO REASON.

Hit the gym to make sure it never happens again? not even Chuck Norris could take on 6 people.

please don't underestimate the power of Chuck Norris...but seriously, it sucks you got your !%% kicked. i'm not saying that you shouldn't be angry...i'm trying to show you that you're trying to take your anger out on the wrong people. look at it like this: you hire someone to clean your roof gutter thing. they climb up a ladder and get to work. a big gust of wind comes and they go flying off of the ladder. he gets knocked out, but sustains no serious injury and yet he still decides to sue you for $10,000 since he was working on your property when the accident occured. it's not fair is it? he should have been more careful or more aware of his surroundings and what he was doing. sure, he's probably ticked off that he fell off the ladder. he's probably embarrassed that people know how clumsy and soft he is, but at the end of the day, he's going to be taking it out on you. sucks for you right? well, that's basically what you're doing to the bar...a bar i'm sure you've probably visited before so you probably enjoy going there. learn from the experience and make sure it never happens again...but don't take it out on the bar...
This is real talk right here!!!
Listen to this man^
This is one of the things thats wrong with our country.
indifferent.gif

I'd sue the bar. F it. The legal system will rape you in butt with no compunction if given the opportunity so you better do the same. If you were that barowner and he was the one getting jumped better believe he'd sue and you'd be coming out of pocket. Yeah...it sucks. But that's our legal system.You better learn to rock with it because it will rock you.

the problem, i feel, is that it happened outside in the parking lot...which is where the attacker would have been if he had been kicked out of the bar...youknow what i'm getting at?

Originally Posted by socluis90

Bar didnt do anything to you. If you know one guy go after him.
Exactly, the bar didn't do anything...

They didn't call the police to remove the gentleman who they kicked out earlier (to make sure he was gone from the property).

They did not invest in any bouncers.

They did not ensure the safety of their "valued" patrons.

If you're a bar owner, there are certain things you should have put in place in the event of an assault. Bouncers, cameras, and the police's number onspeed dial. None of those measures were in place.

This man didn't lose a "fair one". He got jumped by a group of dudes looking for trouble. If one of them was previously kicked out of the bar fortheir behavior, then it's the bar's responsibility to make sure that those individuals are truly off the property....

OP deserves compensation for his pain.

Seriously, dudes in AZ get shot over these types of altercations. I've seen these things escalate many times.

I am not going to read 5 pages to give you your answer...the only recourse you have is if the 1 attacker that was readmitted to the bar after being"tossed out" or "told to leave" was served to much alcohol by the establishment, if they over serve a customer they are technicallyresponsible for his actions (people going after bars for drunk driving accidents). But also remember that you have no factual evidence of this person beingintoxicated to back up your claim. You getting jumped does not mean you automatically get paid, for example if someone was loud in a movie theater and wasasked to leave and later jumped you in the parking lot, you would not have a case.

The bar owner needing more security is only true if the interior of the bar is unsafe, depending on the parking lot he might have some liability issues, buteither way you are going to have to file a criminal case against the one guy whom you can identify, deal to that one person to get the names of the otherpeople, you would have a better case against them (aggravated assault, attempted murder since you were unconscious, what race are you and what race are theyyou could have a hate crime on your hands) then you can go after their families....

but remember getting a financial judgment in your favor is going to be easy, but getting those people to pay is the hard part....asking for a trillion andwinning that just means they can claim bankruptcy

let me know how it turns out.....also where is this, and post pics of the bar and surrounding area....I might be able to give you some more free advice...

EDIT: After going through the entire post, it seems like some people have brought up what I was saying.....

I'd do it too. Especially if the bar didn't do a whole lot to try and help you out, then give them what they deserve. If they don't have thehumanity to help you, then u should take every dollar you can from them.

Originally Posted by psykhO

do whatever feels right
Somebody has to pay for this, you can't just get your %!$ beat for no reason and just let things slide...

laugh.gif

As for the OP, you're not hurt, be thankful, take the L and move on.
pretty much. by all your responses you seem like youve been brainwashed by everybody telling you to sue. so no matter what people say, you comeout with an excuse. people get their +#+ beat all the time. be glad nothing serious happened

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

Aight, undadig this,

If you were physically assaulted on bar property then u can sue.

If there was supposed to be some type of security monitoring that area, u can sue

If there isn't any postings by the bar w/ the usual they are not responsible for this, that, and the 3rd, u can sue.

Technically security is only supposed to be concerned w/ the inside and front of the establishment, not the parking lot. That bein the case it would be pointless to sue. That's like gettin jumped on a public street and suin the city b/c there were no cops around to stop it and protect u. My advice would be take the L for now and lay on em and catch em 1 by 1.
So I don't have a case because security is not concerned with the parking lot? But isn't the parking lot their property?
Yea it may be there property but they'll win the case because they have nothin to do w/ the degenerates that jumped u. If it would've happend inside the bar itself, it would be a different story. refer to my hypothetical example I posted above, the parking lot and a city street is sorta the same thing.
it's not just that they didn't have anything to do with the people who jumped him, it's because they can't be expected to police the entire area surrounding their bar, their parking lot included. i could go into more detail, but basically, you won't win the suit unless they decide to just settle.
if the OP can prove that the attackers were served in the bar.. I'm sure he has somewhat of a case

meh... maybe if the attackers were minors, or he could prove the attack came as the result of an altercation in the bar (since he said the guy was kicked out once then walked back in by security, it could be negligence on their part) but bars are generally protected against things like this or else they'd be liable for everything someone does after they left a bar.

actually he might have a case if the attack happened in front of the bar or that particular parking lot had a history of problems like this and the attack should have been foreseeable.

i dunno, i forget a lot of what I learned in Torts, but I'm pretty sure the law generally protects liquor establishments from civil suits like this.
Thing is...as I read it...they didn't even leave the property of the bar though.. it's the bar's own parking lot.

Did it occur on their property? I am not clear if the parking lot was theirs or not. If so, Isuggest seeking legal counsel, businesses have the responsibility to keep their properties safe after hours...you have every right to sue, as someone needs tobe responsible for your safety in an event like this. If someone was getting their %!+ beat even outside of the club on the sidewalk, the business hasresponsibility to make sure that people are safe...(ie calling the police, breaking it up if possible)

oh and BTW....some of these idiots responding need to get they ###!! whooped

Originally Posted by bonafide hustla

Originally Posted by thachosen123

All i want to ask is what were you doing at a bar by yourself?
nerd.gif

Im not tryna clown or nothin, but why put yourself in that position?
granted you should technically be able to walk anywhere in this country and be safe I also wonder what the hell you were doing dolo. and you say you have 5 witnesses. I hope none of them are your friends
laugh.gif
Just because I walked out by myself, doesn't mean I was there by myself. No, none of the witnesses were my friends.

So are you going to sue you're friends for not being there to help you? Or the Innocent bystanders who watched you get stomped out???

Originally Posted by ericberry14

i think that you should sue the bar... and you should also sue the one person you know is partly responsible for what happened...

if that kinda %#*% happened to me... i kno damn well i'd sue everybody involved and then go get my own justice! one person at a time

1zz6rsj.jpg

Originally Posted by yungmatt

Random act of violence huh? I aint buyin that..
Yes, it was 100% unprovoked. From further research, these kids are in fact known for jumping people.

<Dean Cain> Believe it </Dean Cain>

A lawsuit is being filed for the business, and the 1 name I was able to recover. Unfortunately, that 1 name was put in jail yesterday for a previous drugcharge!

Trying to pass the blame onto a business because you caught hands? LOL. You won't win anything, so don't even waste your time. I suggest you learn fromthis and stop running your mouth when you're drunk (if you can't back it up). Oh, and how about you try and EARN some money, because this thread makesit sound like you're struggling...

Originally Posted by snow pl0w

Trying to pass the blame onto a business because you caught hands? LOL. You won't win anything, so don't even waste your time. I suggest you learn from this and stop running your mouth when you're drunk (if you can't back it up). Oh, and how about you try and EARN some money, because this thread makes it sound like you're struggling...
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom