Should jailtime be given to women who falsely accuse men of sexual misconduct?

After going thru that Hofstra thread and reading about the ups and downs the young men went through after that whole ordeal, don't you think some sort ofpunishment should be given to women who lie in these situations? I think if jail was a possibility for women who lie about rapes, sexual assaults, etc, maybethere would be less of these accusations being made. I mean, all it takes is for a woman to say a man did something against her will, and it's a wrap forthat guy...even if he's innocent. No matter if he beats the charges, his rep is ruined and his name will always be synonymous with the crime that wassupposedly committed. What do you guys think of jail for women who blatantly lie?

even if dude beats the case he will always been know as that guy. "the guy who raped that girl" even if he really didnt. Its pretty messed up so iwould say some jail time or maybe a large fine.

yes if she falsely accuses a man of rape then yes she should be given jailtime

rape allegations generally ruin one's life regardless of if the charges are dropped or not.

these kids have had their names dragged thru the mud bcuz the girl is asmut & didnt want poeple to know what

she would have had these dudes serving 25 years of hteir lives in jail bcuz she was ashamed of what she did

she definitely deserves at least a few years in jail for her actions.

I think it's fair for the girl to have to get some jail time since she tried pulling some b.s. claim.

Absolutely, people's lives aren't things meant to be played with or used as excuses to save your reputation. In addition to whatever misdemeanormisleading charges they may bring up, add to that some type of premeditated assault charge. Not necessarily that, but something similar to that or what yougive people that spread aids knowingly. I think it's pure evil to let not just one, but 5 dudes lose a major part of their lives.

I believe they should get some jail time. Maybe they should see double the amount of time the man/men they screwed up experienced.That is a tough lie.

I'm pretty sure that's already a crime. You can't go reporting made up crimes to the police and take it as far to legal prosecution and think youcan recant without any repercussions.

This in particular should be judged case by case but if it's on that Hofstra tip it should be a felony.

Originally Posted by Master Zik

I'm pretty sure that's already a crime. You can't go reporting made up crimes to the police and take it as far to legal prosecution and think you can recant without any repercussions.

This in particular should be judged case by case but if it's on that Hofstra tip it should be a felony.
It seems like it SHOULD be a crime, but what will honestly happen to the girl in the Hofstra case? She almost destroyed the lives of 5 menbecause of what she said. She should get the same sentence in jail as the guys would have gotten had the allegations been true. Harsh or not, playing withsomeone's livelihood isn't a joke. If the penalty for the accuser (in instances where there is a blatant lie) is extremely harsh, then maybe some ofthese girls/women would think twice about accusing someone of a crime that didn't happen.

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

Yep, or....

The woman pays him.

I would rather get a monthly check from you than you go to jail.
What's a monthly check going to do? I'd much rather see the accuser rot in jail like I would have been had I actually committed acrime....I'd be more than happy going to sleep at night knowing that the person who falsely accused me of a crime is sleeping on a cot in a 5x7 cell for10+ years.

u know if they sue her she broke already......

home girl needs to see a jail cell for a year.

im 25 years old...i can't imagine livin everyone of my days on earth in a box.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

u know if they sue her she broke already......

home girl needs to see a jail cell for a year.

im 25 years old...i can't imagine livin everyone of my days on earth in a box.
Technically....

I kid
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom