Should Rondo be suspended for throwing Hinrich? update:Rondo will not be punished further

Originally Posted by Chi ILL

& we're still going to win the series whether Stern likes it or not .
laugh.gif
oh you think so huh? if you believe in conspiracy theories about commish, you wouldn't bet against the defending champions. simple asthat.

even so, there is no conspiracy. i will be sure to quote [hal]ALLLL of this @^@#%@^@@[/mcrae]

Wait, I'm not seeing the debate here.

Rondo threw an elbow that DIDN'T connect.

Fine? I could see that.

Suspension? Not enough took place to warrant a suspension.

If a punch or elbow connects - suspension.

But that's it. Anything else is an overreaction, which wouldn't be surprising in today's S(oft)NBA

Rondo should def be suspended. He's playing real dirty lately. And the sad thing is, this is his second questionable act, but if any of the Bulls playersdo something even halfway as dirty to him, they'd probably get ejected, fined and suspended for 'retaliating'. The league is biased as $&%*...

Originally Posted by Burns1923

Fine? I could see that.

But that's it. Anything else is an overreaction, which wouldn't be surprising in today's S(oft)NBA
your logic makes no sense...Shaq's haymaker didn't connect w. Brad Miller, so he wasn't deserving of a suspension, right? It'sALL about the intent...well, it should be "all" about the intent, but I guess it depends on the year and what team you play for
grin.gif

on top of it all...go back and look at the thread on previous ejections/suspensions following a flagrant foul....MANY of them (ejections) involved dudes NOTmaking a play on the ball...much like Rondo when he swung KH in to the scorers table...there isn't any sort of consistency in the way the refs areofficiating games, and also with the way Stern/Jackson are giving out suspensions...

I understand not suspending him for the foul in Game 4 or 5, whichever it was...

But this? Nah, he took Hinrich and threw him into the scorer's table... Then threw a punch, elbow, whatever...

He should absolutely be suspended for this...

Robert Horry agrees that a player should only be suspended if a punch or elbow connects.

laugh.gif

Stern doesn't agree, though; at least, it didn't appear that he agreed with that a few years ago, when Horry was a Spur.

I guess Stern has had a change of heart now.

roll.gif

smh.gif

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

I understand not suspending him for the foul in Game 4 or 5, whichever it was...

But this? Nah, he took Hinrich and threw him into the scorer's table... Then threw a punch, elbow, whatever...

He should absolutely be suspended for this...
So true. And the funny thing is, if this was Ron Artest doing the same thing, you know he'd be fined/suspended, etc...

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by Burns1923

Fine? I could see that.

your logic makes no sense...Shaq's haymaker didn't connect w. Brad Miller, so he wasn't deserving of a suspension, right? It's ALL about the intent...well, it should be "all" about the intent, but I guess it depends on the year and what team you play for
grin.gif

on top of it all...go back and look at the thread on previous ejections/suspensions following a flagrant foul....MANY of them (ejections) involved dudes NOT making a play on the ball...much like Rondo when he swung KH in to the scorers table...there isn't any sort of consistency in the way the refs are officiating games, and also with the way Stern/Jackson are giving out suspensions...
I totally agree. Say someone aims a gun at another guy's head and pulls the trigger. The bullet just barely missed the victim. Whyshouldn't the shooter be charged with attempted murder? Because the victim didn't actually get hit? Because he didn't die?

Rondo got a free pass and it's #@@#+@%$. He should have at least been carefully watched after the first altercation (I thought a fine was in order) andwith the second altercation he should have been done. But Stern is a **+* and he wouldn't let it happen. Didn't even fine him after the second one
smh.gif
. The first one was a hard foul, no play on the ball. I thought a fine wouldhave been perfect. He didn't want to give away a free layup, but didn't really have a play on the ball. The second one clearly was away from the balland intentional. He threw Hinrich, Hinrich shoved Rondo, and then Rondo threw an elbow that missed. That one was deserving of a suspension, but Sterndoesn't even fine him
indifferent.gif

gusyouout wrote:
I totally agree. Say someone aims a gun at another guy's head and pulls the trigger. The bullet just barely missed the victim. Why shouldn't the shooter be charged with attempted murder? Because the victim didn't actually get hit? Because he didn't die?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I have heard some AWFUL analogies in this thread, but this, THIS right here is easily the worst analogy ive ever heard.

roll.gif

Seriously? Thats the BEST analogy you could come up with?

If Stern had not pussified the league I would say Rondo's actions did not warrant a suspension. The way the league has been run though, that should'vebeen a suspension and that is all that matters.

outacontrol music:
23ska909red02:
Robert Horry agrees that a player should only be suspended if a punch or elbow connects.

laugh.gif

Was this on like ESPN?
Nah, I was saying... like... when he shoved Nash into the scorer's table, Horry was suspended without an elbow or punch connecting... so hewould agree that he shouldn't have been suspended because a punch or elbow never connected.

Sadly, I'm not surprised that he did not get suspended. Amare and Diaw leave a bench and they get suspended but when Rondo throws an elbow and throwsHinrich into the announcer's table, he just gets a flagrant. SMH at the NBA and Stern

Originally Posted by Durden7

gusyouout wrote:
I totally agree. Say someone aims a gun at another guy's head and pulls the trigger. The bullet just barely missed the victim. Why shouldn't the shooter be charged with attempted murder? Because the victim didn't actually get hit? Because he didn't die?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I have heard some AWFUL analogies in this thread, but this, THIS right here is easily the worst analogy ive ever heard.

roll.gif

if anything, thats the perfect analogy.
normally, i would say a fine would do, but due to the thing with BM, he def. deserves a suspension. ive tried staying out of this thread to avoid arguments,but those of you saying no suspension like the guy ^ there,
smh.gif
smh.gif
x100 at you.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

outacontrol music:
23ska909red02:

laugh.gif
Was this on like ESPN?
Nah, I was saying... like... when he shoved Nash into the scorer's table, Horry was suspended without an elbow or punch connecting... so he would agree that he shouldn't have been suspended because a punch or elbow never connected.
Funny thing is, Rondo did both,
laugh.gif
smh.gif

This is really going to get to me, especially if Boston wins.

Someone said earlier there's just a lot of salty Bulls fans in here. To my knowledge, half of us that are upset aren't Bulls fans, a few are Lakersfans, but it's clear that this isn't a case of hating the Celtics, it's a case of a player crossing the line TWICE in a ROW now. This type ofgarbage going unpunished yet suspending guys like Diaw, Amare, and other ticky tack things in the Playoffs, while letting this slide?

All I'm saying is if I were a Bulls fan and lost tomorrow, I'd be IRATE. It's not about the fact they'll probably lose in the EasternSemi's it's having the shot at winning, and if these dudes are going to play dirty and not abide by the rules, then what the hell is the point? Thewhole NBA recently has been concentrating on consistent punishment, but this is a HUGE step backwards. I'm cool with some calls not being correct, andchecking every play would slow down the game, but this kind of stuff is reversible, hand out punishments after the games, but Stu Jackson must have gotten aword from David Stern saying not to lay down the law since it would be a spike in the ratings...

What they fail to realize is that the buzz about this game would be HUGE if word got out Rondo got suspended. He's been playing great, but Ray Ray and PPbeen doing their thing late in games.

Yes, I'm saying Rondo's triple double is overrated.
laugh.gif
LBJ would average a quadruple double if he played in such close contests with 8 overtimes.(There's been 8 right?
nerd.gif
).

7 overtimes ^^^^

Whatever about Rondo. I want to beat the Celtics while Rondo's dumb lookin #+# is in the game.

Originally Posted by Durden7

gusyouout wrote:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif

Please, elaborate. No point in making an argument if you don't give reasons or examples. It just came to me (and I didn't think it washard to comprehend) so I typed it and I don't really see the problem. They both have the same premise: the intentions were bad, and the conclusions aredifferent when they should correlate; bad intentions should equal punishment, not bad intentions that only follow through equal punishment.

Horry's targeted, blatant bodycheck doesn't parallel Rondo's roping Hinrich out of the way.

Horry and Nash were not in the mix during a play; Rondo and Hinrich were.

Horry clearly sought Nash out; Rondo 'throwing' Hinrich was at the tail end of a play they were both in.

In my opinion, Rondo overreacted but did nothing particularly egregious. Each of us can look at any number of altercations over the years and offer varyingsuggestions and opinions on what should've been done. My view is that if a punch or elbow is thrown, as long as it doesn't connect (read: harm) theperson(s) involved, it should be reviewed on a basis of a fine.

Any harsh contact (connected punch or elbow), suspension.

Look, the league's going to do whatever they think's good for business, regardless of what even a consensus of fans may think. We know this.

The league has chosen not to take any action against Rondo... as I indicated, right or wrong, they're going to take the politically, and often financially,expedient route. They're sticklers when it comes to making sure bench players don't walk a certain distance (Stoudemire and Diaw) but, as many of youfeel, they seemingly don't scrutinize scuffles like Rondo's and Hinrich's enough.

The NBA doesn't make clear distinctions about acceptable/unacceptable behavior because they want to reserve the 100% subjective right to decide notwhat's right or wrong, but what is and what is not beneficial to them when it comes to image and profits.

so technically speaking...i'm right.
laugh.gif

i'm just kinda mad that i'll probably miss this game...and by that, i mean i doubt i'll be able to see straight by time it starts.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom