Should Rondo be suspended for throwing Hinrich? update:Rondo will not be punished further

laugh.gif
ska i'm team rondo/stern....i see no wrong
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by mYToAsterspeak

NBA is like Bill Simmons says, "ORCHESTRATED". With that said, he won't be, cause STERN has no balls. Dude has played dirty two games in a row. Punk $@* #%#@! should be suspended, but the NBA knows the Celtics will lose, inturn causing the NBA to make less money. NBA has no backbone, and they are allowing Boston to play dirty in order to stay in games. It's not even dirty like hard clean fouls, but it's dirty like sucka $@* #%#@! hard fouls. I have no respect for Boston, NONE.

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by Fro B Giant

You people are saying NO??? Did you see the play before Rondo threw the basketball at Kirk's feet after a foul was called away from the ball and the very next possession Kirk boxes him out and he gets pissed so instead of moving out of the way he grabs his arm and instead of letting his arm go he swings him aside into the scorers table, and instead of walking away homeboy throws an elbow/fist/arm whatever you want to call it and misses.......
OH MY GOSH! He tossed the basketball at Kirks feet!!!! Suspend this thug! He needs to sit out the next game. DIRTY PLAYER!!!!!!

smh.gif

(P.S. Sentences help)
Read again why he should be suspended, maybe if you weren't paying attention to punctuation you would get it. I know Bostonians, or fans ofthe Celtics can be a little slow, but just take your time and read it again.

And if you think you got it, just read it one more time sounding out the words.. read it out loud so you can hear how you sound reading it.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

My gut tells me he won't get suspended.
laugh.gif

Stu is going to say something about the penalty called during the game was a fair enough penalty for Rondo's actions.

Watch.
laugh.gif
x
smh.gif

I honestly don't know how anyone can say that, according to the way the league is officiated today, Rondo doesn't deserve to be suspended.
Well if we go based on that logic, he won't be suspended.

And if he's not then we know why...

You people are saying NO??? Did you see the play before Rondo threw the basketball at Kirk's feet after a foul was called away from the ball and the very next possession Kirk boxes him out and he gets pissed so instead of moving out of the way he grabs his arm and instead of letting his arm go he swings him aside into the scorers table, and instead of walking away homeboy throws an elbow/fist/arm whatever you want to call it and misses.......
OH MY GOSH! He tossed the basketball at Kirks feet!!!! Suspend this thug! He needs to sit out the next game. DIRTY PLAYER!!!!!!

smh.gif

(P.S. Sentences help)
clearly this dude didnt see the play or the game at all. You have no idea what you are talking about.

Kirk was the instigator?

What the hell?
roll.gif

Kirk was boxing him out hard and Rondo got his panties in a bunch over it and decided to lock arms, then decided to toss Kirk by the wayside.

But Kirk instigated it?
laugh.gif

lol, exactly what I was thinking. How can people even believe Kirk started it?

Fro B Giant:
23ska909red02:
I honestly don't know how anyone can say that, according to the way the league is officiated today, Rondo doesn't deserve to be suspended.

Let me rephrase: I honestly don't know how anyone can say that, according to the way the rules are written today, Rondo doesn't deserve to be suspended.

Rondo has been consistently holding people when they try and get offensive rebounds.

That's why him and Hinrich got into that scuffle. That's what happened in the first or second OT with brad miller too, only nothing came out of it,they both just fell.

i just saw a replay of the game and my dude kevin harlan was buggin when he saw it about to go down. i swear he would be such an ill instigator with his voiceand excitement.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Fro B Giant:
23ska909red02:

Let me rephrase: I honestly don't know how anyone can say that, according to the way the rules are written today, Rondo doesn't deserve to be suspended.

There we go

given the precedent set in the other games, i'd say rondo deserves to be suspended as well.

but in reality, i wouldn't do anything about it. but if Rondo doesn't get suspended, the NBA would lack consistency.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by outkast9984

thats not worth a suspension.... they got tangled up and he just got rid of him.....the people who want him suspended are just celtic haters
Yea thats all that happened, no problem with him just slinging him into the scorers table. NO BIGGIE.

indifferent.gif
Take off your Celticblinders.

I'm starting to hate this whole Boston team, except for Ray.

Dwight's elbow barely made contact with Dalembert's head... but this clown is going around intentionally doin dirty +*@+

Suspend his @%% already Stern!

Durden7 wrote:

smh.gif

(P.S. Sentences help)
Read again why he should be suspended, maybe if you weren't paying attention to punctuation you would get it. I know Bostonians, or fans of the Celtics can be a little slow, but just take your time and read it again.

And if you think you got it, just read it one more time sounding out the words.. read it out loud so you can hear how you sound reading it.

I read it. I read it again. I read it once more, and just for good luck I read it one more time just to make you happy.

My whole point was that Rondo "throwing" the ball at Kirks feet means ABSOLUTLEY NOTHING. Its just searching for a reason to justify yourthoughts. It's stupid and useless in this discussion.

Kirks box out was a bit over the top. Theres NO need to box someone out near the 3 pt line when the ball is 10 feet away and in possession. You expect Rondoto "move out of the way"
laugh.gif
Im not even going to respond tothat.
smh.gif

If you, or anyone, thinks that Rondo was trying to throw an elbow at him youre insane and just looking for something you WANT to see.

The whole incident was unnecessary actually, but he wont get in trouble for it and he shouldnt.

not to take anything away from Hinrich, but KG's a @+!!! cuz he always picks on "little guys" so-to-speak...but Hinrich's a G for not backingdown from Rondo? would he have done the same had it been Kendrick Perkins? doubtful, but maybe...and i like Hinrich, but like i said...anyone can scream andact all hard with the ref between him.

and it's not like Rondo was thinking "ima throw this dude into the scorers table," he never looks back or anything...Rondo was falling back cuzKirk was blocking him out, both guys were off-balance, but when Rondo gained his balance, he pulled/tossed Kird aside. Kirk wouldn't even have fell had henot been off balance.

it was handled properly by the refs. flagrant for Rondo, and tech for Hinrich. play ball.

and JapanAir, you can't be serious about that "trip." you're just looking for something now.
eyes.gif

and i just saw that vid that DoubleJs posted in another thread with Posey/Hinrich...maybe Kirk would've went after Perkins.
pimp.gif

^ I don't know if he'd've done the same had it have been Kendrick, but that's neither here nor there, because who did it (Rondo) and how theperson reacted (Kirk getting all swoll) is irrelevant.

Also irrelevant is what Rondo was thinking. I'm sure he wasn't thinking 'I know, I'll just toss Kirk into the scorer's table.'I'm aslo sure that what he was thinking doesn't matter; he tossed Kirk into the scorer's table, and it wasn't by some accidental move (likeswinging your arms out in celebration and accidentally hitting an opponent in the face, for example). What he did was not accidental, whether it waspremeditated or not.

And it's true that Kirk might not have fallen had he been balanced, but why was he off balance? Because Rondo was pulling on his arm. So Kirk was offbalance because Rondo was in love with Kirk's arm, then Rondo finally let go with a final heave that sent Kirk flying a few feet into the scorer'stable, which wouldn't have happened if he were balanced, but he wasn't balanced because Rondo was pulling on his arm as they were backing up.

Rondo was nowhere close to innocent, and what he did is nowhere close to acceptable 'physical play.'

Durden7 wrote:

smh.gif

(P.S. Sentences help)
Read again why he should be suspended, maybe if you weren't paying attention to punctuation you would get it. I know Bostonians, or fans of the Celtics can be a little slow, but just take your time and read it again.

I read it. I read it again. I read it once more, and just for good luck I read it one more time just to make you happy.

My whole point was that Rondo "throwing" the ball at Kirks feet means ABSOLUTLEY NOTHING. Its just searching for a reason to justify your thoughts. It's stupid and useless in this discussion.

Kirks box out was a bit over the top. Theres NO need to box someone out near the 3 pt line when the ball is 10 feet away and in possession. You expect Rondo to "move out of the way"
laugh.gif
Im not even going to respond to that.
smh.gif

If you, or anyone, thinks that Rondo was trying to throw an elbow at him youre insane and just looking for something you WANT to see.

The whole incident was unnecessary actually, but he wont get in trouble for it and he shouldnt.

Throwing the ball at his feet the play before absolutely does mean something.

Anything you do leading up to an altercation/incident has something to do with it.

Let me help you out:
If I were to say, take out a life insurance policy out on my spouse today and tomorrow she dies, do you think that matters? I'm pretty sure the cops thinkit does.
Something seemingly small happening before an incident can definitely attest to whether or not something was done intentionally or with malice.

I didn't even mention that leading up to that play they were getting real physical with each other, and if you didn'tnotice that it's because you were trying not to notice it

I hope you don't come back and still think that the ball throwing and extra curricular activity had nothing to do with it.

Please don't come back, you can only further damage your credibility by doing so.

I think he should be suspended. Unfortunately, I don't think he will though. We probably should have heard/read something by now..
smh.gif

Originally Posted by c1o27

I think he should be suspended. Unfortunately, I don't think he will though. We probably should have heard/read something by now..
smh.gif
I was hoping to come home from lecture to hear that he was suspended.

No dice.
smh.gif

yeah, ska...i agree that's all beside the point. but some were making it out as if Rondo threw Hinrich into the scorers table intentionally. he threw himintentionaly, and yes, he's guilty...but it just happend to be into the scorers table.

all i'm getting at, is this is far from a hip check or straight running into a guy with your shoulder and knocking him on his rear (what Posey did toHinrich.)

suspension for pulling a guy down? really?

smh.gif
pathetic

complain about the NBA being soft...crying about KG's antics and calling for flagrant fouls and suspensions after every game
tired.gif

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

yeah, ska...i agree that's all beside the point. but some were making it out as if Rondo threw Hinrich into the scorers table intentionally. he threw him intentionaly, and yes, he's guilty...but it just happend to be into the scorers table.

all i'm getting at, is this is far from a hip check or straight running into a guy with your shoulder and knocking him on his rear (what Posey did to Hinrich.)

Robert Horry?

I know there was a scuffle afterwards, but to my knowledge Horry was suspended for the shove of Nash into the scorers table and then hitting Bell (Diaw?) inthe face in a scuffle.

As I've said several times, it's a culmination of this guy's garbage that makes him deserve to be suspended IMO. It's like the suspension rulefor having too many technicals, this dude has rough housed three times, two times drawing blood from an opponent, and the third throwing him into the scorerstable, and then when in a scuffle, dude put up his elbow like he was somebody...
tired.gif

Send a message Stu Jackson... I have no problem with playing hard, and rough, but tripping, hitting, and unnecessary physical behavior?

I'm about to grab my pitchfork.
smh.gif

wildKYcat:
yeah, ska...i agree that's all beside the point. but some were making it out as if Rondo threw Hinrich into the scorers table intentionally. he threw him intentionaly, and yes, he's guilty...but it just happend to be into the scorers table.

all i'm getting at, is this is far from a hip check or straight running into a guy with your shoulder and knocking him on his rear (what Posey did to Hinrich.)

In can be reduced to 'simply pulling a guy down' or exaggerated into 'maliciously sending a guy flying into the scorer'stable', depending on what side of the fence you're on.

For me, he was in a scuffle, locked arms while going backwards, and 'unlocked arms' by grabbing Kirk's arm and tossing him. Whether he meant to ornot, whether there was a scorer's table there or not, whether Kirk retaliated or not, the bottom line still stands that he grabbed another player's armand slung him. That's definitely suspension worthy, in my opinion.

One of my favorite players in the league is still Jason Kidd, and if Kidd did that, I'd fully expect him to miss a game, and I wouldn't have a gripe inthe world about it.

You can't... you can't just go slinging people around, man.
laugh.gif

Durden7 wrote:

smh.gif

(P.S. Sentences help)

My whole point was that Rondo "throwing" the ball at Kirks feet means ABSOLUTLEY NOTHING. Its just searching for a reason to justify your thoughts. It's stupid and useless in this discussion.

Kirks box out was a bit over the top. Theres NO need to box someone out near the 3 pt line when the ball is 10 feet away and in possession. You expect Rondo to "move out of the way"
laugh.gif
Im not even going to respond to that.
smh.gif

Throwing the ball at his feet the play before absolutely does mean something.

Anything you do leading up to an altercation/incident has something to do with it.

Let me help you out:
If I were to say, take out a life insurance policy out on my spouse today and tomorrow she dies, do you think that matters? I'm pretty sure the cops think it does.
Something seemingly small happening before an incident can definitely attest to whether or not something was done intentionally or with malice.

I didn't even mention that leading up to that play they were getting real physical with each other, and if you didn't notice that it's because you were trying not to notice it

I hope you don't come back and still think that the ball throwing and extra curricular activity had nothing to do with it.

Please don't come back, you can only further damage your credibility by doing so.

Thats a BAD analogy. Tossing the ball at someones feet seriously has NOTHING to do with what happened. Implying that the whole incident occured because ofa tossed ball is dumb. The more I think about it, the more I realize just how bad that analogy is. Try again.

Who cares if they were getting physical with each other? So what?

Damage my e-crediblity? Oh nooo!!! I really hope I didnt hurt my credibility with you. I really dont want that to happen. Ive spent a long time building upthis e-cred and I dont want to throw it all away.

smh.gif

In can be reduced to 'simply pulling a guy down' or exaggerated into 'maliciously sending a guy flying into the scorer's table', depending on what side of the fence you're on.

For me, he was in a scuffle, locked arms while going backwards, and 'unlocked arms' by grabbing his arms and tossing him. Whether he meant to or not, whether there was a scorer's table there or not, whether Kirk retaliated or not, the bottom line still stands that he grabbed another player's arm and slung him. That's definitely suspension worthy, in my opinion.

One of my favorite players in the league is still Jason Kidd, and if Kidd did that, I'd fully expect him to miss a game, and I wouldn't have a gripe in the world about it.

You can't... you can't just go slinging people around, man.
Exactly... i really didnt even think this was debatable to non Celts fans, b/c it was very clear he would get a game suspension. But to hearnothing about it is crazy

Back
Top Bottom