Should the Miami Heat get rid of Beasley???

I think that he'll be moved this summer. Riley apparently wasn't all that high of Beasley prior to the 2008 draft but he obviously had to draft the 2nd best player available.

Two seasons into his career and it looks like Spoelstra and Riley still arent very high of Beasley. Perhaps they'll work out a sign and trade for a max-contract player (Bosh or Amare) or trade Beasley for a PG.

Well for starters, Riley was entralled with Juice and was about to pull the trigger, but the consensus was that although OJ could play the one, he was a better two (which is crap to me because Dwyane wade plays 80% one with the heat anyway) plus most thought beasley was the second best player avaliable.

Also, the Heat are really unhappy about Beasley's lifestyle off the court. I said this in a previous post, living in LA, and being around basketball, especially people who know NBA players, you hear this kind of stuff. There are times when the Heat have actually caught him getting blazed, but hasn't made the public yet. That's just one example.

But to answer OP's question, they are for a fact deliberating about moving Beasley. The things that are holding a trade up, is one they believe that dude still has potential and they don't want to give up on him too soon. Two, Dwyane Wade is a fan of Beasley, and still believes in him to a degree. So they are discussing beasley being traded, but I think if he does get traded it will be after next season.

Just look at the Bulls who play in front of a sold-out crowd everynight no matter the opponent or how good or bad the team is doing thatyear. The Heat can't get anyone to show up or care about basketball,they struggled getting fans to show up to games during theirchampionship year.
That's the fan in you talking, to these guys, it is just a job, who cares how many fans are there?  I mean it can be a nice perk but in the grand scheme probably doesn't matter

^ i don't think you understand how noticeable it is

a top 5 NBA player is playing in front of half a stadium. i swear if they had 3 chips in a row nobody in miami would notice.

Originally Posted by you big dummy

PharelFor3 wrote:
I would never leave miami for chicago. maybe NYC but not
Chicago is his hometown, and the place he said he'd love to play at one day. Unlike Miami, Chicago is a legit sports city where the fans care about and support their teams.

Just look at the Bulls who play in front of a sold-out crowd every night no matter the opponent or how good or bad the team is doing that year. The Heat can't get anyone to show up or care about basketball, they struggled getting fans to show up to games during their championship year.

Things to do on a monday in Miami>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Things to do on a friday in Chicago.

Economy and being told the last 2 and 1/2 seasons that they don't matter and it's all about the summer of 2010 is another reason for the decline.

Are there fair weather fans in Miami? No doubt about it but to say the real fans don't care is crazy.

I have to park in a parking garage and then walk.  If they just moved the Heat to the Bank Atlantic Center I think more people will come
No, one of the solutions would be to build a parking garage in the empty land right next door to the AAA imo.

Originally Posted by h3at23

PharelFor3 wrote:
Chicago is his hometown, and the place he said he'd love to play at one day. Unlike Miami, Chicago is a legit sports city where the fans care about and support their teams.

Just look at the Bulls who play in front of a sold-out crowd every night no matter the opponent or how good or bad the team is doing that year. The Heat can't get anyone to show up or care about basketball, they struggled getting fans to show up to games during their championship year.

Things to do on a monday in Miami>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Things to do on a friday in Chicago.

Economy and being told the last 2 and 1/2 seasons that they don't matter and it's all about the summer of 2010 is another reason for the decline.

Are there fair weather fans in Miami? No doubt about it but to say the real fans don't care is crazy.

I have to park in a parking garage and then walk.  If they just moved the Heat to the Bank Atlantic Center I think more people will come
No, one of the solutions would be to build a parking garage in the empty land right next door to the AAA imo.
the problem isn't fair weather fans. the problem is that miami is such a nice city with so much to do that people just don't care. in nyc and chicago it's cold out during most of the NBA season. i've been to mia during the playoffs and the majority of people i was around just didn't care.

the fans are great. but there aren't that many of them.

Some of you are saying that he'd be a great #3 option, and that all Miami needs is a #2. Well, considering how high Beasley was taken in the 2008 draft, how high his potential was deemed by everyone, and where guys that were taken ahead AND behind him in the draft are doing, I don't think Miami is very content with Beasley being a good #3 option only.

I think he could get moved this off-season, but I mean, talk about premature. Young guys don't get enough time to develop these days.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Dade B0Y

I'd onlytrade him for a capable point guard. Say the Nets win the lottery,select John Wall, I'd deal him for Devin Harris and something else.
This would be a good deal for both sides. However, if they're planning on playing him at SF, what about Terrence Williams? And if you plan to play him at PF, he's really not strong enough or tall enough for that on D (however it works out on offense because of his repertoire).

^^ Terrence Williams is more of a 2 than a 3 (very undersized). Beasley although underachieving, would definitely be an upgrade for the Nets. I just don't see it helping him personally, because I think he'd have even less motivation to get better.

It's too soon for the CHeat to give up on him, unless of course a deal that improves them vastly was to come along...

Originally Posted by DubA169

^ i don't think you understand how noticeable it is

a top 5 NBA player is playing in front of half a stadium. i swear if they had 3 chips in a row nobody in miami would notice.
Yeah, but he's living in one of the most exciting cities (lifestyle wise) in the NBA. Sure, the fan support isn't there but nice year-round weather and the social life makes up for it if you're D-Wade. Of the 'big 3' free agents this summer, I think Wade is least likely to leave. I'd say there is a 10% chance Wade leaves, a 25% chance that LeBron leaves and a 99% chance that Bosh leaves.

DubA169 wrote:
h3at23 wrote:

PharelFor3 wrote:

the problem isn't fair weather fans. the problem is that miami is such a nice city with so much to do that people just don't care. in nyc and chicago it's cold out during most of the NBA season. i've been to mia during the playoffs and the majority of people i was around just didn't care.

the fans are great. but there aren't that many of them.

That's basically a fair weather fan in Miami and basically what I said in my statement. You just said it in different words and your opinion of a FWF. Miami's such a nice place that they only start caring when they're contenders. FWF

You must've missed the playoffs in the late 90's and the 2004-2005 & 2005-2006 playoffs. Dude, the AAA was rocking like it was full of barbaring fans screaming LET'S GO HEAT over and over again.

Our attendence has only been bad the last 3 yrs because of the reasons I gave in my 1st reply in these quotes.

^ The late 90's is when it was really popping at the old Miami Arena. Hardaway and Zo, rivalry against the Knicks, I think they actually sold out a lot of games back then.

But Miami isn't a basketball hotbed. Unless we establish some kind of dynasty, people aren't going to care.

a fair weather fan to me is someone who loves the team when they are good but doesn't want to be associated with the team when they are bad

i'm saying that besides the canes, the majority of people in MIA don't seem to care about sports.

the heat fans are heat fans through thick and thin. but the majority of people aren't heat fans. they never cared to begin with.

you guys know better than me. i'm basing it off the 3 times i've been there for a couple weeks and the people i know that went to college there for 4 years. and what i see on nationally televised games

The Dolphins & the Canes are #1 in Miami.
Weather, the city and the fact that there's not much of a history yet for this team is a reason for FWFs. We've only been around since the 89'-90 season. Once we start establishing history things will change.

You also have to put into account that everyone is moving to Miami and already have their own team.

doesn't have that play every game like it's your last, drive to him.

+#!* man, you'd be lucky to find athletes like this nowadays
smh.gif
. I could honestly say only 10-15% of the players in the NBA right now does this.

clearly, he's in the L only to keep his career and playing time like most players right now. He's contented of being mediocre right now, while Rose stay busy carrying that Chicago team.

and all this crazy talk of Beas going to Chi-town. I think that would be a first (1st and a 2nd overall pick of the same year plays together 
laugh.gif
)

a trade that makes sense on paper but would be terrible for PR is beasley for stephen curry straight up...

curry and monta ellis cant play together long term and GS is probably stuck w/ monta's contract and will not get fair value in return in a trade..

Wade is going to be the primary ball handler in Miami and Curry would be the perfect compliment in the backcourt w/ his shooting ability.

Beasley could be a 20-10 player in golden state because if he's on nelly's good side he'll get plenty of minutes, shots and defense is not an issue...

Originally Posted by High Class Scum Bag

a trade that makes sense on paper but would be terrible for PR is beasley for stephen curry straight up...

curry and monta ellis cant play together long term and GS is probably stuck w/ monta's contract and will not get fair value in return in a trade..

Wade is going to be the primary ball handler in Miami and Curry would be the perfect compliment in the backcourt w/ his shooting ability.

Beasley could be a 20-10 player in golden state because if he's on nelly's good side he'll get plenty of minutes, shots and defense is not an issue...
Not really sure how Curry and Wade workout. I think the vision that everyone has for Steph Curry right now is being a primary ballhandling PG. That's when he's been best this season. Put him in that secondary role and that's when he's been inconsistent. 

only problem is who wants him, i do feel on a team where is has the green light he could show off like he did in college but not in miami. but on warriors he'd average a good 20 n 9
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom