Should the NCAA exist? FBI opens probe, finds violations.

Screenshot_20180224-111917.jpg

"School just a white man game, and it's ran good"
Sports in college is the ultimate hustle. It lures students in and they make bank off of the athlete while only compensating them with tuition and other small things. I never understood why they just wouldn't go where they're paid. Is ncaa competition better than g league competition?

College athletics is somewhat of a joke bc we know most of them don't care about a degree or finishing college. It's sort of a slap in the face to students who actually care. Then all the violations of money changing hands smh.

Last edited:
Screenshot_20180224-111917.jpg

"School just a white man game, and it's ran good"
Sports in college is the ultimate hustle. It lures students in and they make bank off of the athlete while only compensating them with tuition and other small things. I never understood why they just wouldn't go where they're paid. Is ncaa competition better than g league competition?
No it is not. But the ncaa provides much more of something the g league does not: exposure. That exposure leads to a high draft pick and millions. G leaguers and minor league baseball players’ contracts don’t see anywhere close to that.

No it is not. But the ncaa provides much more of something the g league does not: exposure. That exposure leads to a high draft pick and millions. G leaguers and minor league baseball players’ contracts don’t see anywhere close to that.

Which is the reason NBA's "one and done" rule never made any sense to me. All of this needs to be abolished IMO.

Baloney!
The NBA execs could totally get the g league popping, with ex NBA players used as staff , current or ex nba trainers & staff and ex nba coaches!

You could essentially groom future NBA coaches thru this league as well

If it's truly about "player devolpment" and making sure the players are going to be " successful " they could have Ex NBA players assigned to every team working on fundamentals, shooting, ball handling etc.

Could you imagine a top recruits coming to a g league teams that has Nash, Ray Allen, Olajuwan and Penny Hardaway etc.. on staff ready to work with player! Day1!??

The NBA could totally invest millions in the g league pay the young athletes and create a super competitive league that will make the NBA better as an end result and put out a better product

But no the NBA probably gets money from the NCAA to keep the 1 year rule in affect so the NCAA can keep their Trey Youngs and Zion Williams so they can sale those players to advertisers so they can make more bread!!

NCAA just another form of slavery if you ask me, only reason fbi involved is because ncaa wants the slaves to have $0.00

The nba isn’t going to invest millions in the g league for player development. The ncaa does that for them, I doubt they’re going to invest more of their own money for a service that’s being provided to them for free.

IMO colleges should not be a feeder system for the pros. The pros should do things themselves like the academies in Europe in soccer and basketball. Though it order to truly work we would need to revamp the system where teams can receive a lot of cash comp for player transfers like the euro leagues do.

Well exposure for who tho? NBA teams and exceed can see and know about prospects. Players get plenty of exposure to the people who matter, the ones who pay them. If you mean the general public then sure.

No the FBI should worry about the NCAA because it’s really a flawed system any which way you look at it. Only people who truly benefit are the schools. And even they don’t unless they are an elite program.

Well exposure for who tho? NBA teams and exceed can see and know about prospects. Players get plenty of exposure to the people who matter, the ones who pay them. If you mean the general public then sure.
Exposure to the public. That’s how superstars are born, when their names and faces are recognizable to the public from their displayed talent. GMs are looking for superstars to build their teams, owners so they can market these players and profit from them.

i think that college athletes should be paid. i just have no idea how much.

like would all college athletes get paid or what? what about the fringe athletes on the water polo team for example that no one cares about? or even your 12th man on the duke basketball team that no one is paying to see or the 4th string red shirt QB at bama? and how would the compensation scale work? do all athletes get paid the same, some more than others, etc...? anyone have any good ideas or articles that outline this?

This reminds me of the slave trades...tell others about the players worth generate tons of money from the exposure and continue the cycle making millions and not pay the players anything it’s one of the biggest scams in sports that continues to get ignored and then now you wanna punish the players because they got caught with the bread wth did you expect...Man F The NCAA!

i think that college athletes should be paid. i just have no idea how much.

like would all college athletes get paid or what? what about the fringe athletes on the water polo team for example that no one cares about? or even your 12th man on the duke basketball team that no one is paying to see or the 4th string red shirt QB at bama? and how would the compensation scale work? do all athletes get paid the same, some more than others, etc...? anyone have any good ideas or articles that outline this?

There has to be some sort of scale and max allowed but even with this it won’t change the system. There will always be funds handed underneath the table.

My firm approach is this whole student athlete thing is a joke. It’s just a minor league system to funnel talent to the pros. **** all this. Blow it up and make college athletics about real student athletes. If you want to go pro you have to choose to go that route either through academies or through some other new system. But stop mixing the two.

The players should be paid if their college uses their likeness. That simple

Theres really no way to fix this tho. Ish been going on for decades

Let players sign endorsement deals fresh out of high school.

If Underarmor wants to pay a kid 100 racks to go to Maryland what's wrong with that.

Exposure works two ways.

Exposure to the General Public: NCAA > creates stars through that machine. It creates those stars through the Tournament. It gives the general public an idea who MIGHT be worth a damn on the next level.

Exposure to NBA Teams: G-League > : What better way to see how good folks are in a system closer to the NBA style. College and NBA are two different games, so there is always a question whether certain dude's games will translate and/or if they were held back by the system in which their college team ran.

So I see both sides. Exposure works in different ways.

Most colleges i know about are because i saw them on tv for sports as a child. Do you know which school has the best engineering program? When's the last time a child wanted a unc shirt because their chemistry department is top notch? This country has a bizarre and borderline irresponsible addiction to sports. It's paired alongside schools to boost popularity and bring in more students because lots of people want to go to a popular school because it looks better on a resume.

Most colleges i know about are because i saw them on tv for sports as a child. Do you know which school has the best engineering program? When's the last time a child wanted a unc shirt because their chemistry department is top notch? This country has a bizarre and borderline irresponsible addiction to sports. It's paired alongside schools to boost popularity and bring in more students because lots of people want to go to a popular school because it looks better on a resume.

HLS-t-shirt-min_1024x1024.jpg

I meant to saw that ivy league schools are the exception bc they're known for academics, as a school should be known for. The fact that cam Newton has a statue in the name of a university is a bit troubling, similarly, Dr Ben Carson spoke on how trophies being showcased in school foyers is somewhat a slap in the face to the scholars.

Most colleges i know about are because i saw them on tv for sports as a child. Do you know which school has the best engineering program? When's the last time a child wanted a unc shirt because their chemistry department is top notch? This country has a bizarre and borderline irresponsible addiction to sports capitalism. It's paired alongside schools to boost popularity and bring in more students because lots of people want to go to a popular school because it looks better on a resume.

Fixed.

Why can’t they just give them scholarships big enough to put some cash in their pockets?

Back
Top Bottom