Should the NCAA exist? FBI opens probe, finds violations.

I'm definitely glad it's being exposed. So much shadiness and griminess going on behind the scenes.

I meant to saw that ivy league schools are the exception bc they're known for academics, as a school should be known for. The fact that cam Newton has a statue in the name of a university is a bit troubling, similarly, Dr Ben Carson spoke on how trophies being showcased in school foyers is somewhat a slap in the face to the scholars.

I know what you mean, but people who are into academics know which schools have the best programs in certain fields. For instance, I didn't choose to go to Oregon State because Gary Payton played basketball there, I went there because they have one of the best engineering programs in the nation. The famous alma mater that I was interested in was Linus Pauling, one of the greatest chemists of all time. Double Nobel prize winner.

Sports figures shouldn't be held in the same regard as scholars but it's not like that everywhere. It just seems that way because we're so into sports.

I have always said college players should be paid. The NBA definitely needs to step in and build out a better development program. If they don' take over, the NCAA will ruin basketball, believe that.

With that said though,if I was dead broke and my son got offered money to play in college I wouldn't let him take it bc it' against the rules. Would be ashamed if my son saw me doing dirt like that.

I’ve always viewed college sports as a business and a leverage game. The university only wants the athlete cause they can play ball and the athlete should always remember that.

If you’re a lower tier prospect who isn’t going pro, you’re best off milking that scholarship into a worthwhile degree and networking and have fun smashing all the bad joints on campus that come with your status.

If you’re a prospect that’s likely going pro, the mindset should be **** the NCAA. Break the rules, accept donations, make money off your name and image. NBA gm’s don’t care about that stuff if you can play. If the university gets penalized, who cares. That’s not your personal problem. You’re in the league. Whatever penalties the university gets hit with have no impact on you.

You think Reggie Bush or OJ Mayo ever lost any sleep over what went down at USC? And they shouldn’t.

I’ve always viewed college sports as a business and a leverage game. The university only wants the athlete cause they can play ball and the athlete should always remember that.

If you’re a lower tier prospect who isn’t going pro, you’re best off milking that scholarship into a worthwhile degree and networking and have fun smashing all the bad joints on campus that come with your status.

If you’re a prospect that’s likely going pro, the mindset should be **** the NCAA. Break the rules, accept donations, make money off your name and image. NBA gm’s don’t care about that stuff if you can play. If the university gets penalized, who cares. That’s not your personal problem. You’re in the league. Whatever penalties the university gets hit with have no impact on you.

You think Reggie Bush or OJ Mayo ever lost any sleep over what went down at USC? And they shouldn’t.

Every single word of this. If you're a top prospect then college ball is just a fling.

Also
FB_IMG_1519511983826.jpg

Give the kids free tuition and let them sign their own endorsement deals. Look at the NBA as an example. Nike makes the uniforms but players can sign with whatever shoe company they want. Let the college kids be able to do the same. Who knows maybe some of these kids will stay in college longer since they are already getting paid. Instead of them rushing into the league only to be out of it in a couple of years because they were not ready.

Paying athletes opens up a grey area with title 9 and the other sports that don’t generate revenue but kids should definitely be allowed to do endorsements and get paid off their likeness.

There is no way logistically for universities to cut kids checks without making them employees

That's why there shouldn't be any rules against these kids getting endorsements or boosters paying them to go to their favorite school.

one of the most egregious examples of grift and labor exploitation in our society, needs crushed.

when a ****ing college sports coach is the highest paid public employee in a given state, something is askew.
The Univ of Maryland is paying the coach over a milly to lose by 40 to Northwestern , like they just did on sat...Thats disgusting on many levels :lol: :smh:

Back
Top Bottom