Should the Presidential term be changed to 8 years????

nah. If a president was doing well though i wouldn't be mad at running until you lose or don't want to run anymore. I'm cool with how it is though.

I hear what you are saying...a little. What if the term was 6 years? Once a president is elected he serves for two years and essentially he has to startcampaigning again. He cant get anything going. Literally Obama will have to start campaigning late this year early next year. He should not be campaigning heshould be "presidenting" (I know its not a word im kidding...so calm down)

No - You are already assuming that the president will get elected a second time ....

there's a reason why they knocked it down to two terms and you are out .. before you can keep running word to teddy!

absolutely not.

if anything, shortening the length of a term would be an improvement, say to three years.

but progress in politics is such a slow process. it can be hard to get things done in a reasonable amount of time.....so maybe four years is needed.

no, cause say obama does a really bad job or leaves us in a rut after 4 years. there would be no way to kick him out (except impeachment of course).

that and u would have to change all the other terms. for the house, senate. etc. etc.

Originally Posted by RamZs8906

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

I'd rather get rid of the electoral college and have it solely on the popular vote.

THIS!!!!!!
While on the surface it sounds better if we were to change it to an all out popular vote, once it is a close election, the recount would be adebacle. Would take over a year to figure it all out.

But essentially the electoral college is 51 (Washington D.C.) popular vote contests. You win the state you get all the electoral votes to that state. A personof the electoral college can pledge his/her vote for the loser but it is rare and considered political suicide.

We currently have the best system for elections besides financing.

But to the original question.. No because it is too long. Maybe 6 maybe.. But 4 seems perfectly fine right now.

Originally Posted by Nike Star Jay

NO. Four year terms are good enough. If we could make them 2 year terms that would be even better just like the House Reps.
Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

I'd rather get rid of the electoral college and have it solely on the popular vote.
sick.gif

A lot of the people in this country don't even have legitimate reasons why they vote for their candidate. Basing it solely on popular vote would be horrible.
I think 2 years is too short, just take notice of the ineptitude in the House.

Agree on the second point, though

Originally Posted by SenatorJeffSmith

Originally Posted by soltheman

why don't we just become a facist nation while we're at it.
Well, our presidential debate system is fascist.
It was slight sarcasm. Both parties believe in fascism when it comes to their own party members.

Originally Posted by Tfromthe617

no, but i'm curious to know why you're asking

Because things Clinton and Bush did in office are effecting Obama. And so on and so on. 4 years just doesnt seem like a long time to do all the things a prezneeds to do to fix the country in the way he thinks it should be fixed.

Back
Top Bottom