Should the U.S. Install mandatory milatary training for all young adult U.S. Citizens?

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Originally Posted by RoOk

That interview is from 2006, and Obama specifically mentions community service, they're not directly related.

In the statement i posted earlier, by service he means military. Trust me we watched the film in class. If it was community i would've said Community service man
laugh.gif
If that's the case then post the full statement, not highlighted excerpts where he doesn't mention specifics, you want us to discuss this but you don't give us the full information.

Do you really think he expects 50 hours of military service from middle school kids? How would that even be implemented or effective?
I understand, but if you think about it you can find ways for this. I'm sure the U.S. can conjure up ideas for young ins like them.

That interview is from 2006, and Obama specifically mentions community service, they're not directly related.

In the statement i posted earlier, by service he means military. Trust me we watched the film in class. If it was community i would've said Community service man
laugh.gif
If that's the case then post the full statement, not highlighted excerpts where he doesn't mention specifics, you want us to discuss this but you don't give us the full information.

Do you really think he expects 50 hours of military service from middle school kids? How would that even be implemented or effective?
I already posted the website it comes from.. He is trying to be articulate and thought provoking, when there is no need to equate thoughts.. Theyare 2 entirely different statements.

laugh.gif

I understand, but if you think about it you can find ways for this. I'm sure the U.S. can conjure up ideas for young ins like them.
Once again

http://change.gov/americaserves/

"Obama and Biden will call on citizens of all ages to serve. They'll set a goal that all middle school and high school students engage in 50 hours ofcommunity service a year, and develop a plan for all college students who engage in 100 hours of community service to receive a fully-refundable tax credit of$4,000 for their education. Obama and Biden will encourage retiring Americans to serve by improving programs available for individuals over age 55, while atthe same time promoting youth programs such as Youth Build and Head Start."

Let's lock this silly topic up

Originally Posted by Essential1

I already posted the website it comes from.. He is trying to be articulate and thought provoking, when there is no need to equate thoughts.. They are 2 entirely different statements.

I just caught that now, I didn't see your post before, thanks.

They shouldn't install mandatory military training but I'm beginning to think reading comprehension classes should become mandatory. I also sleep alittle bit better at night knowing not everyone is a damn fool who takes every word of an edited, agenda laced video on YouTube as the truth.

no but they should improve and mandate their physical education/health requirements for every grade. to cut down on heart disease, obesity, etc..

Originally Posted by Essential1

laugh.gif

Once again

http://change.gov/americaserves/

"Obama and Biden will call on citizens of all ages to serve. They'll set a goal that all middle school and high school students engage in 50 hours of community service a year, and develop a plan for all college students who engage in 100 hours of community service to receive a fully-refundable tax credit of $4,000 for their education. Obama and Biden will encourage retiring Americans to serve by improving programs available for individuals over age 55, while at the same time promoting youth programs such as Youth Build and Head Start."

Let's lock this silly topic up

Hey RoOK--Check-mate...
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

lol@misinformation attacks against obama.....

OP, you need to put down the tinfoil hat and spit out that cool aid

I think recently arrived immigrants looking for residency/citizenship and first generation American children of immigrants should be required to serve in themilitary or some kind of civil duty for a certain amount of hours per week, month, etc.

In Estonia army is mandatory to all male citizens. I have 6months, then i have to go, will be there 1 year and 5 months. It's normal here.

In my Native country it is mandatory as well; all my uncles and dad went through the program, as we didn't have the money to (illegally) pay-out the armyofficial.
My dad says it's a good experience and helped him out; with that being said, i will sign up if they do apply this.

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

I think recently arrived immigrants looking for residency/citizenship and first generation American children of immigrants should be required to serve in the military or some kind of civil duty for a certain amount of hours per week, month, etc.

why? Especially first generation Americans.

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

I think recently arrived immigrants looking for residency/citizenship and first generation American children of immigrants should be required to serve in the military or some kind of civil duty for a certain amount of hours per week, month, etc.

Yes why?

Originally Posted by Nyota de la star

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Yes why?
Better integration & to support their efforts at being productive members of this country. Even with first generation American immigrantoffspring there tends to be some ambivalence from them as to their nationality/allegiance to the US. It seems to especially be the case with the newer waves ofimmigrants to this country.

^ so you want them to prove their loyalty or something? that sounds so stupid...not an attack on you but that idea is just so dumb...you're expecting morefrom people who aren't from here or new here then the people who call this place their home...

Back
Top Bottom