Should voting be mandatory?

Voting is mandatory in my country.
It has its pros and cons. A large amount of votes are blank, and in the end all blank votes are added to whoever has the most actual votes.
Then those same morons voting blank will complain about who gained the most seats, as if they didn’t directly contribute to it.

Overall I don’t know anyone who likes mandatory voting, but I suspect the degree of self-hate in our country would result in almost no one but the most hardened extremists voting.

Something a lot of ppl do here is ask their employers specifically for a shift during voting hours just so to avoid being forced to vote.

It’s funny we call it a democracy in this country when somebody with the most votes can lose and even if they win they dont have much responsibility to the folks they supposed to represent

Fix those issues 1st before making it mandatory

Actually, they DON'T expect you to do that.

They've got early voting where I am. I stopped by the library on a Sunday (yesterday) around noon and was in and out in less than 5 minutes. Not a presidential election, but even in a red-*** state like Indiana they make it pretty easy.

Back
Top Bottom