should we really blame the reseller?

honestly. I have seen so many people blame on re-sellers for their collection game. but is that really true that they ruin the game?
I am not a re-seller, not even a real collector in some people's eyes. so, I just simply not on anyone's side. but let's think!

1, re-sellers line up so that some lazy $$* don't have to, and they sell the shoes more expensive, why? consider they lined up for minimum pay, is that fair? I say yes! if u don't want go or line up earlier than they, don't blame on the others,

2, if they line up for some profit more than mini pay, is that fair? yes again, because some people out there are willing to pay for them. why? they r rich, why r they rich? I don't know. why r they richer than u? once again, I don't know. but if u really want find someone to blame, blame your government, because they create the income gap. 

3, if none line up, or there is no re-seller, would the situation be better? i don't thinks so! why? go ask nike, why the f #@k they limited the release? or u can go ask people who collect the shoes, why the hell u collect them for? if they have a better reason than u do, shut up! if they don't, go blame on them!

4, here is a true story, I lined up for the 11 concord, I was proud that I was the third one in the line, and I thought I could got a pair for sure, while when the champs about open the door, the manager said they only got size 8 or 12, 13. because they sold ont all the good size to their employee..... I got a pair of 13 in the end, and tried to trade to my size on line, but not able to find one. one who should we blame? the champs employee? no, because I could have worked there if I want. my regular feet size? while, may be... turns out, I sold them to a guy who was in the line and gave me his phone# for retail price, now ask yourself, can you really sell them for retail price? 

I may be wrong, and I'm done after 2 more pairs I really want. so think about yourself and your collection, if u want the chaos to be end, u got to end them up right from yourself.

Is there a brain in the sneaker? so is there a brain in the so called sneaker head?

Originally Posted by Kozumasbullitt

Laughing at blame the Government, you only have yourself to blame for what income you make.

1st of all, that would hurt a lot people, there is never too much than too little
2nd, I would blame myself a consumerism rather than how much money I make.   

Originally Posted by rayz

Laughing at blame the Government, you only have yourself to blame for what income you make.

1st of all, that would hurt a lot people, there is never too much than too little

But why is the Government to blame? I agree with the point you are trying to make and that we live in a capitalistic society.

StarTrekFacePalm.gif

cool story bro.
resellers have no emotional attachment to their purchases. look how many xi lows showed up on the classifieds.

i hate people saying "i cant knock their hustle blah blah..." i can and will. its bull$h1t that decent hard workers cant get the shoe they want at the price JB sets forth. they ask ridiculous prices for their "time" standing in line. like really your time is worth an extra $40 - 60 a pair to stand in line? bite me... 

i blame the resellers and hype for the current state of the shoe market. i remember picking up aqua viii the day after release in a size 11. would i be able to pick up an OG cw today a day after they release? nope cause stupid resellers buy them all out. 

I wanted to blame the reseller, but all I'm mad about is right now is what I just had to comprehend above me.

I can't front...I can't disagree with what OP is saying... me personally..I got out the shoes game for a min but before that time I was able to cop any shoe I wanted for the most part... I started getting heavy in it again summer last year and can honest to god say I've been able to get EVERY release I've REALLY wanted no problem and I never ordered any shoe online. ALWAYS at the store and got my size no problem every time. Even bought 4 pairs of concords at Niketown for a couple friends who couldn't cop for retail and kept 2 for myself. So NO I'm no reseller but I feel that if I can do that in a HUGE SNEAKER COMMUNITY IN SEATTLE others should to. If you do your homework like a real shoe enthusiast does you'll NEVER have to deal with resellers. They would be a non factor to you. CAN YOU DIG THAT???

Originally Posted by rayz

But why is the Government to blame? I agree with the point you are trying to make and that we live in a capitalistic society.
not so much "blame"... what hes saying is that the way our govt is structured, there is wage gaps, which gives ppl incentive to find ways to make extra $, hence ppl capitalizing on hype/reselling

Ur point is totally off. Imagine everything like
even food will be bought up by resellers
And sell them at much higher price again!
Any kind of resellers should go to h@ll.

The retail for kicks are already not cheap and
Yet these greedy people want to make their
Money with that. I remember when tamagotchis
Were hyped and sold for 10 times higher price in
hong kong.
this reselling phenomena is a cancer of our
Consuming system.
Its ok to resell shoes at higher price if they are
Out of stock in regular stores.
But nowadays these resellers just buy up
Many stores from stores to make it quite
Impossible for many to buy kicks at
regular retail price. Also the retailers have
Clear return and warranty policies whhich
Many resellers dont have!

^^^ This wont happen to food bc there is basically an endless supply and they dont run out of stock, very few things do... ( however, out jail/prison systems do this to inmates nonstop, making a profit off of retail priced foods) technically eastbay etc is a reselller, since they get them from the manufacture, cutting us out, and "resell" them at a higher price. They set the price as the price thats as high as they think we will pay. Isnt that greedy too? Every company and business and person does it to some extent. Sneakers are just trendy right now, it will die out in time.

nike/JB could fix all of this buy making more, but then they would take a loss and at the end of the day they only care about making $ too. They could care less whether you personally get what you want, as long as they sell their product, they are happy

In all honesty, these reseller/hype threads need to be against the rules. Seems to be the same thing every time one gets made.

Back
Top Bottom