Shoulder surgery successful - **UPDATE P.2**

I'm finally going to have my shoulder operated on tomorrow. The doctor is not entirely sure what all is wrong in there as MRIs are not always perfectlyclear and conclusive. He says he'll figure it out when he gets inside and will give me the recovery time outlook post-op. I am looking at anywhere from 1-4months recovery time. I'm not real excited about that - no working out, riding my bike, playing guitar, etc... However, I will feel a lot better once itheals up and I don't have constant pain.

Send good vibes my way around noon EST!

Break a leg!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by LEX DlAMONDS

Break a leg!
pimp.gif
LOL

I told my wife I hope he works on the correct shoulder (left). Wouldn't that be something if he opened up the other one? It is screwed up too, but not asbad as the left one.

tomorrow you're gonna have a dude inside of you.........ewwww. i'm joking, wish you have a safe surgery and a speedy recovery.

I assume the shoulders are from wear and tear from sports, right? You seem to know a lot about that stuff.

Anyways, good luck. Surgery is never fun. And I'm sure it only gets worse as you get older.

is it arthroscopic surgery?

I had that on my left shoulder about 14 months ago. had to repair a torn labrum

Originally Posted by Heart and Hustle

You got a SLAP lesion or a rotator cuff tear?

He thinks I have some rotator cuff damage and possibly some bone spurs and bursar sack issues.

Originally Posted by soltheman

I assume the shoulders are from wear and tear from sports, right? You seem to know a lot about that stuff.

Anyways, good luck. Surgery is never fun. And I'm sure it only gets worse as you get older.

Thanks for the compliment! I guess years of participation taught me a thing or two.

Yeah, I've dislocated both of them at different times playing football. The final straw was a weight lifting injury. I was doing dumbbell incline presses,my spotter gave me a lift-off and pulled the left dumbbell up and right, it got off balance, and as it crashed down towards my face she let go. In the processof trying to save it something popped. No good.

Originally Posted by Club29

is it arthroscopic surgery?

I had that on my left shoulder about 14 months ago. had to repair a torn labrum

Yep, I'm getting the scope.

Good luck to you my dude! I had two surgeries on my knee when I had to have reconstructive surgery for a torn ACL twice. The worst part is the recovery period.I had some friends over, and tried to do a lot of things on my own. I knew if I let others do things for me I would've died of boardem (sp?)

Thanks to all of you for the encouragement. I'm heading out to the surgery center in about 15 minutes. Send positive vibes out in about two hours!

You'll be fine.
Make sure that you stick to your PT regiments after the surgery. It's the only way that you are going to make a
full recovery.

The doctor is not entirely sure what all is wrong in there as MRIs are not always perfectly clear and conclusive. He says he'll figure it out when he gets inside

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Good luck bro hopefully you'll use your good arm and come on Niketalk we'll excuse you for any spellling errors lol

Good luck bro hopefully you'll use your good arm and come on Niketalk we'll excuse you for any spellling errors lol

Back
Top Bottom