Shows you never knew were good...

I Just Started Watching Arrested Development and let me tell you this is one funny *%% show ahaha
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

The Office.

Saw a That's What She Said compilation joint on YouTube, immediately started watching.

Got the DVR loaded up with HD eps.

Man I done got hooked on "House" lately. Been catching the marathons. Show is Piffery
pimp.gif

Arrested Development and the Office are my two favorite comedies along with Curb, ever.

Family Guy is actually horrible, you just haven't realized that every episode is exactly the same

Originally Posted by infamousod

Family Guy is actually horrible, you just haven't realized that every episode is exactly the same
Are the jokes going over your head? Get somebody to explain them to you.

Originally Posted by lilhen18

I swear, every family guy fan boy thinks family guy has some deep intellecutal jokes only they understand. Let me be The first to tell you, everybodyunderstands these corny, unbeleivably random jokes...they just aren't funny.

Originally Posted by mdresident

I swear, every family guy fan boy thinks family guy has some deep intellecutal jokes only they understand. Let me be The first to tell you, everybody understands these corny, unbeleivably random jokes...they just aren't funny.
son even my 52 year old mother has CALLED me to tell me about something that had her cracking up on family guy. and there are def jokes thatpeople dont get because alot of them are pop culture based you act like the whole show is knock knock jokes or something.
and please dont take to the level of making any joke about my dukes for liking the show i know how NT does.

Originally Posted by JuJu

I swear, every family guy fan boy thinks family guy has some deep intellecutal jokes only they understand. Let me be The first to tell you, everybody understands these corny, unbeleivably random jokes...they just aren't funny.
son even my 52 year old mother has CALLED me to tell me about something that had her cracking up on family guy. and there are def jokes that people dont get because alot of them are pop culture based you act like the whole show is knock knock jokes or something.
and please dont take to the level of making any joke about my dukes for liking the show i know how NT does.

Um..yeah, everybody knows the shows jokes are based on pop culture...show just doesn't make any sense..while I admit, its can sometimes be funny,EVERYBODYgets them, ns be thinkin they the only ones in the know..type dudes to be watchin it with friends and giggle to eachother when one isn't laughing cause uthink he doesn't get it..

if you took out the random *flashbacks* each episode would be about 5-7 minutes long. its very cheap humor, it just tries to be as extreme and random aspossible playing on topical humor (those pop culture references) and drawn out scenes like where Peter was fighting the chicken where they kept the scene goingfor half the episode hoping people would find it funny because of the sheer length of the scene.

Originally Posted by JuJu

son even my 52 year old mother has CALLED me to tell me about something that had her cracking up on family guy. and there are def jokes that people dont get because alot of them are pop culture based you act like the whole show is knock knock jokes or something.

Um..yeah, everybody knows the shows jokes are based on pop culture...show just doesn't make any sense..while I admit, its can sometimes be funny,EVERYBODY gets them, ns be thinkin they the only ones in the know..type dudes to be watchin it with friends and giggle to eachother when one isn't laughing cause u think he doesn't get it..

im not saying the @*% is deep but EVERYONE does not get it. like there is def stuff they refrence that i know the major view crowd of 12-18 just dont getbecause of their age and not being around. pop culture jokes arent about intelligence its about knowing what they are refrencing i can admit there is def stuffthat i dont get cause ive never seen the show or movie they are talking about

anyway im really surprised how much i like the new adventures of old christine.

if you took out the random *flashbacks* each episode would be about 5-7 minutes long. its very cheap humor, it just tries to be as extreme and random as possible playing on topical humor (those pop culture references) and drawn out scenes like where Peter was fighting the chicken where they kept the scene going for half the episode hoping people would find it funny because of the sheer length of the scene.

see i love stuff like the chicken fight cause to me its them basically saying hey we were lazy and did this cause we didnt even want to think of something toput right here for this 10 mins its funny cause of the length but also just because they dont care lol. its better then a flashback episode they do on livecomedies. remember the time...

I seriously doubt that was their rationale for that scene/episode but even if it was that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

their target audience is 12-18? really? when it was the college students who bumped the DVD sales to bring back the show in the first place?

I'm in my mid 20's, I get every reference. its lame.

Back
Top Bottom