Side Hustles Vol. 2013

I got a few ideas, looking for others with the similar 'outside of the box' mindset to start making moves with. I'm talking new technology/websites etc.
Always got an open mind to anything I hear though

I resold kicks this year as a side hustle to see what the rage was about. If you don't want any shoes for yourself I could see it being somewhat profitable I you're into that mediocre lifestyle. Lol. Can't say I would ever do it again.

For 2k13 I'm about to hop on my gigolo steez.. Too many older lonely women out here in the valley. Time to take advantage.

aight... here's my plans for the upcoming year... listing them in order of percentage of income

1. ATT sales rep: making about $2.5k to $3k a month after taxes selling sell phones, depending on how well i do... working part time, about 30 hrs a week. next semester, i will be working from open to close on friday, sat, sun, and mon... i can live off this, easy... bills are about $1k a month.

its a cool gig i get to mingle with tons of people daily, the goals are easy, and i get discounts in a bunch of places... i get to change cell phones every 3 months, and i get 50% off my bill, which i gave to momb dukes cuz my tmo bill is cool... she's about $80 a month for two lines...

2. internship: i been on the HUNT for these ever since i got my grades in. i'm hoping i can get this ericsson internship, or another one with a pharmaceutical distribution company. most of the ones i've been looking at are about 17-20 bucks an hour... i would work those on tues, wed, and thu from 8-5... that's a solid $1k a month right there... plus i'm going to be gaining experience for a better gig.

3. i'm gonna take the money i save up from internships and selling fish plates and try to cop a home to rent out. the interest rates are dumb low these days... so i'm looking to have 10K saved up by the end of the year... i want to put a down payment on a small home, and rent it out...

did some research and i could rent out a small home for 1300 easy in north dallas.. the mortgage plus taxes would be around $900... from there, i would take the extra $300 (cuz the mortgage broker gotta get his), and put it straight to a savings account to cop another home and rent it out.

the total amount of bread isnt gonna be too outrageous... but i think its a solid foundation for future years to come...

however, it get all twisted if i get a 70K job after the intership... :lol:

the home thing is still in it, doe...

aight... here's my plans for the upcoming year... listing them in order of percentage of income
1. ATT sales rep: making about $2.5k to $3k a month after taxes selling sell phones, depending on how well i do... working part time, about 30 hrs a week. next semester, i will be working from open to close on friday, sat, sun, and mon... i can live off this, easy... bills are about $1k a month.
its a cool gig i get to mingle with tons of people daily, the goals are easy, and i get discounts in a bunch of places... i get to change cell phones every 3 months, and i get 50% off my bill, which i gave to momb dukes cuz my tmo bill is cool... she's about $80 a month for two lines...
2. internship: i been on the HUNT for these ever since i got my grades in. i'm hoping i can get this ericsson internship, or another one with a pharmaceutical distribution company. most of the ones i've been looking at are about 17-20 bucks an hour... i would work those on tues, wed, and thu from 8-5... that's a solid $1k a month right there... plus i'm going to be gaining experience for a better gig.
3. i'm gonna take the money i save up from internships and selling fish plates and try to cop a home to rent out. the interest rates are dumb low these days... so i'm looking to have 10K saved up by the end of the year... i want to put a down payment on a small home, and rent it out...
did some research and i could rent out a small home for 1300 easy in north dallas.. the mortgage plus taxes would be around $900... from there, i would take the extra $300 (cuz the mortgage broker gotta get his), and put it straight to a savings account to cop another home and rent it out.
the total amount of bread isnt gonna be too outrageous... but i think its a solid foundation for future years to come...

I like your hustle, i wish homes were affordable in socal cuz i would def take advantage of the low interest rates...

^^ so is that like the classic pyramid scam?i find five people to subscribe,they find five people each etc?
No you pay 40.00 for your membership it comes with benefits similar to "Tripple A" but better. After you pay 40.00 its 20.00 a month and you become an associate for every person you sign up You get 80.00. I was skeptical at first thought "pyrimad scheme" tried it and it was legit I even called the 1-800 to confirm still didn't believe. I just said f It what's 40.00 been making $$$ ever since They pay 40.00 you get 80.00 simple

Last edited:
i cant deal with the headache of reselling kicks, seems so stressful and not that big of a pay off.....unless you can walk into a store and clear out a stockroom @ retail of a hyped shoe, i cant see how is worth it or even fun.

hopefully buying a home by end of the year... plan to rent out a room or two

going to help my mom launch her online children's clothes store... serious money can be made consigning baby clothes

thought about photography, i plan to by a nikon dslr sometime, we'll see how much i enjoy it

want to get into DJing... parlay that into house party gigs and weddings and what not... thatd be whats good

all i can think of right now

I'm going to sell Comcast on the side. My primary position puts me in contact with up to 20 ppl per day. If I can just flip one of them a day that an extra stack/rack/grand/1k per week. Plus its so much easier selling without the quota and sales meetings.

Anyone have experience at throwing parties? I'm thinking about doing that but it seems like it could be a headache. My boy threw one for his bday and made almost 2G's in one night!

im in the army but i been tryna find a side hustle..the weave game dont sound too bad though i got 4 sisters & they serious bout they hair idk how i never thought of that.

this is one of my side jobs but i hope to one day make property management a full time gig. i bought a multi family house a little over 2 years ago in a great rental area. it doesn't make money the way you think it would, and my place rents out for quite a bit more than 1300, but it is a great way to build equity in a property through someone else's rental payments. like you said, interest rates are very low, and if you have good credit you can get a home loan while a lot of people can't. just be sure that the area you buy in is somewhere that rentals have high occupancy rates. i'm hoping to get into another multi family soon.

PM me if you're interested. i'm no expert but i have some first hand experience and some mistakes i made that i could try to help you avoid.

Back
Top Bottom