Simple question, Who do you think is better Big K.R.I.T. or drake?

Originally Posted by Ace Rawstein

to those saying Drake is a better artist but krit is the better rapper

what makes drake a better artist to u?

He can make his music span wider audiences, which most come from different ethnicities/backgrounds.K.R.I.T. will only be able to appeal to one type of listener...but DRAKE can have a don't for diff listeners..he will have a song thugs can rock too or for college kids, ladies, the everyday man....he is the perfect chameleon in the rap gameHe can dip in and out of all the diff subjects in rap..except the gun clappin type rap .K.R.I.T. is like a hooper that has a certain ceiling...only listeners that rashly enjoy the music of hip hop will really appreciate him

I prefer his flow/voice as as rapper and I like his versatility with the music. KingJaffeJo summed it up nicely.

That's just my take though.

Originally Posted by KingJaffeJo

He can make his music span wider audiences, which most come from different ethnicities/backgrounds.K.R.I.T. will only be able to appeal to one type of listener...but DRAKE can have a don't for diff listeners..he will have a song thugs can rock too or for college kids, ladies, the everyday man....he is the perfect chameleon in the rap gameHe can dip in and out of all the diff subjects in rap..except the gun clappin type rap .K.R.I.T. is like a hooper that has a certain ceiling...only listeners that rashly enjoy the music of hip hop will really appreciate him

Drake has the popular appeal going for him cuz he was blessed with the background n alliances...I dont feel like anything u listed makes him a better artist...it just makes him more popular.

KRIT could make the same music and never get that shine for a multitude of reasons

range, subject matter, content, delivery is what i was looking for on drake being a "better artist" than him... I dont see him touching krit on those aspects

Drake has the popular appeal going for him cuz he was blessed with the background n alliances...I dont feel like anything u listed makes him a better artist...it just makes him more popular.
Connections can help but it isn't THE reason why Drake is popular. The music still gotta appeal to the listeners.

If it does, then you'll get your breakthrough, whether you're touring with Wayne or not.

Originally Posted by KingJaffeJo

KRIT could make the same music and never get that shine for a multitude of reasons

range, subject matter, content, delivery is what i was looking for on drake being a "better artist" than him... I dont see him touching krit on those aspects
Thank you for that explanation, cause there's really not anything that stood out in the comment before other than the fact that Drake is more popular than KRIT. Drake's
broad appeal is from directly being affiliated with Young Money (though that only works for Drake and Nicki, and not the others). Just from listening to the both of them
a lot, Drake can sing better than KRIT, but even that's debatable. I know everything is an opinion, but Drake basically blends in with J.Cole and Big Sean --- all have
a slight yelling yet monotone type of delivery/flow, which to me only makes them tolerable just for cameos, not really full albums. KRIT's so effortless in his stuff, and outside
of just not catching on yet in the mainstream, he's more of a complete artist than either of them are.

Thank you for that explanation, cause there's really not anything that stood out in the comment before other than the fact that Drake is more popular than KRIT. Drake's
broad appeal is from directly being affiliated with Young Money (though that only works for Drake and Nicki, and not the others). Just from listening to the both of them
a lot, Drake can sing better than KRIT, but even that's debatable. I know everything is an opinion, but Drake basically blends in with J.Cole and Big Sean --- all have
a slight yelling yet monotone type of delivery/flow, which to me only makes them tolerable just for cameos, not really full albums. KRIT's so effortless in his stuff, and outside
of just not catching on yet in the mainstream, he's more of a complete artist than either of them are.
As long as you recognize this.

Also, you say that YM works for Drake's/Nicki's appeal and not the others. So clearly it isn't as simple as industry connections.

They can help, not MAKE you successful. At the end of the day your music needs to appeal to the listeners.

^^ true...the music has to be right. In Drake's case it is... he def is churning out the hits
but what happens when he aint hot no more or sound is played...word to Nelly and 50.

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

Cut it anyway you want to...Comeback Season and So Far Gone alone overshadow K.R.I.T.'s existence.
laugh.gif

u never listened to KRIT Wuz Here... 

unless by overshadow u just mean are more known 
eyes.gif

Got both of KRIT's tapes.

KRIT was here is real dope, Hometown Hero, Good Enough and No Wheaties are some of my favorite songs in the last couple years but Return of 4Eva wasn't all that to me.

Originally Posted by Taj gibson

i gotta be the only one on this board that think KRIT sucks....Drizzy by a landslide
Ehh....a few months back my roomate popped this dude's mixtape in my car (Return of 4Eva) and I let it spin all the way through a few times, and I caught myself trying to like it more than I actually was. He has a few standout tracks, but that #+%+ is boring as hell if you're just riding around. I can see that he's talented and a good hip-hop artist, but I can only get down with listening to him once in a while. You likely live a very boring lifestyle if that's your favorite cup of tea.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

i gotta be the only one on this board that think KRIT sucks....Drizzy by a landslide
You likely live a very boring lifestyle if that's your favorite cup of tea.
i wanna argue with this, but realized personally I'm a pretty boring dude. 
laugh.gif

K.R.I.T >>>>>

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Ehh....a few months back my roomate popped this dude's mixtape in my car (Return of 4Eva) and I let it spin all the way through a few times, and I caught myself trying to like it more than I actually was. He has a few standout tracks, but that #+%+ is boring as hell if you're just riding around. I can see that he's talented and a good hip-hop artist, but I can only get down with listening to him once in a while. You likely live a very boring lifestyle if that's your favorite cup of tea.
eek.gif

laugh.gif

grin.gif

man sit all the way the #$%# down!

what are u like 18, 19?  hell u come from with that generalization

"if Drake is ur favorite cup of tea u likely lead an effeminate lifestyle" 
grin.gif

based off these replies, "i guess the story of a country boy just aint compelling"

its all opinion no matter wat tho

Originally Posted by Peep Game

LOL people saying Drake cause he "makes better songs" must have never actually listened to Big K.R.I.T.
The only thing Drake has on Big K.R.I.T. is the spotlight, and nothing else. Flow, delivery, content, the voice,
that pretty much all goes to K.R.I.T.

K.R.I.T. : Two Solid Albums
Drake: An Above Average Album

I gave KRIT a listen but I'm not really into his +*@@ that much. As far as Drizzy goes, y'all must've never heard him pre-mainstream if you think he's not as tight lyrically as KRIT. If I am to compare Comeback Season or So Far Gone to KRIT Wuz Here, I'd give it to Drake. Just my preference though.

Back
Top Bottom