Since Jeremy Lin is doing so well, situational racism is OK.

I think situational racism is wrong I applaud Jeremy Lin but I don't like all the crap about he woking fish or he other cheesy Asian jokes. Dude is a great player treat him like one don't treat him like a novelty.Its pathetic folks playing into the stereotypes enforce them.If he goes in for a lay Jo and gets blocked the guy who says "see asians can't drive Will get death stares .will you all big him up if he gets crushed by the heat or thunder or will you say well he isn't as athletic and explosive or say lol it doesn't matter he can got a degree from Harvard he doesn't need basketball."

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Originally Posted by slickp42189

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

If you are talking about education and career-wise then that is debatable, but even then black people can still put themselves in a prosperous situation if they work hard. But overall and especially in Hollywood and the media that simply isn't true. They degrade Asians blatantly without thinking twice i.e. closing eyelids and the word that rhymes with "think" because they get away with it just about every time. The white folks don't do that to blacks without expecting consequences.
get real man, they only do that to Asians? they "degrade" blacks EXPECTING consequences, they dont care because the consequences are nothing, and dude i honestly dont think that word is used nearly as often as the word that rhymes with tiger, honestly i wish i werent going back and forth with you about this, i wish i could say "youre so right, im black and im totally accepted in any racial circle and i feel bad for Asians because they are treated the worse" but thats not the case, and blacks have always been the least liked minority
First off, acceptance isn't the same thing as respect.

Asians are by far the least respected racial group in the U.S.
lmao, if your more accepted than blacks, it can assumed you are more respected, bill o'reiley told a black columbia u. professor he looked like a drug dealer on national tv, if thats not a slap in the face. . . .

Another point, we've determined that Asians are more accepted in the corporate world, yet you still see more black CEOs.
dude, you guys go back to your country as soon as you get a degree from Stanford, Yale, Harvard, Princeton
all of my Asian/ Mid-East friends are going right back to UAE, China, Taiwan because they say they can have a better life and make more money there, im not a second generation African, all of my family is American and this is my home

get real man, they only do that to Asians? they "degrade" blacks EXPECTING consequences, they dont care because the consequences are nothing, and dude i honestly dont think that word is used nearly as often as the word that rhymes with tiger, honestly i wish i werent going back and forth with you about this, i wish i could say "youre so right, im black and im totally accepted in any racial circle and i feel bad for Asians because they are treated the worse" but thats not the case, and blacks have always been the least liked minority
First off, acceptance isn't the same thing as respect.

Asians are by far the least respected racial group in the U.S.
lmao, if your more accepted than blacks, it can assumed you are more respected, bill o'reiley told a black columbia u. professor he looked like a drug dealer on national tv, if thats not a slap in the face. . . .
Do you not get it? MonStar1 summed it up. Asians are accepted in school and at their jobs for their grades and skills, but do not get respect outside of that.

Another point, we've determined that Asians are more accepted in the corporate world, yet you still see more black CEOs.
dude, you guys go back to your country as soon as you get a degree from Stanford, Yale, Harvard, Princeton
all of my Asian/ Mid-East friends are going right back to UAE, China, Taiwan because they say they can have a better life and make more money there, im not a second generation African, all of my family is American and this is my home

and therein lies one if the many issued asians face... we are not looked as true americans.
we'll alwys be considered foreign

I don't even care about the racist jokes to be honest, it feels good to be proving people wrong and breaking stereotypes
pimp.gif
. As for the signs put up by the Asian fans, it's just flipping a negative thing into a positive; we're poking fun at it. I have no problem with it, we're all collectively supporting Jeremy because he's one of us.

I only have a problem with institutionalized racism, ie: colleges rejecting Asian applicants and raising the acceptance bar higher for us due to "wanting to promote diversity." %!$@ outta here with that, only reason that is even applied is because there are too many of us being admitted, and deservedly so, because we worked hard to get there. You don't see colleges rejecting white people because there are too many of them, but that is neither here nor there.

At the end of the day, ALL minorities will always be receiving the short end of the stick, White people still have too much control over the country. I just glad I have triple citizenship, there's way more money to be made in my mainland, anyway.

I see the measuring sticks have been brought out (no pun intended).

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

and therein lies one if the many issued asians face... we are not looked as true americans.
Yes you are.  Dude was talking crazy like there's no such thing as Asian Americas at his college.  There's a big difference between Jeremy Lin and Yao Ming.

Most of those friends you're speaking of are probably going back because America is crap right now. You can make that same argument for French, Canadians, Brazilians, anyone who studies from abroad. Most of this discussion pertains to Asian-Americans who were born and raised here, most do not feel comfortable living in their parent's homeland. They may not speak the country's language fluently and are just not used to the lifestyle out there.The way you even said that sounds like you think of Asians as some sort of Martians who land here, grab a degree, and fly back to their planet.
30t6p3b.gif

what the hell are you even talking about?

ps this is MY country

Originally Posted by MonStar1

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Yes you are.  Dude was talking crazy like there's no such thing as Asian Americas at his college.  There's a big difference between Jeremy Lin and Yao Ming.

A difference, but not that big.  Jeremy's a first generation Asian-American, his father and mother raised him traditionally, he can even speak fluent (so-so) Chinese.... so there's not that big of a difference... Jeremy's just more Americanized since he grew up here, but he's always going to identify himself as Taiwanese/Chinese before American. 

There are fifth/sixth generation Asian Americans in the U.s (completely white-washed), those folks are the biggest difference.  They can't even speak their own native tongue and some don't even acknowledge their own cultural roots, talkin about eating meatloaf or spaghetti every night for dinner,  total #%@*+@ embarrassment to Asians, IMO.  

im not arguing whether or not you're not respected but the least respected is just not true man, and you guys are getting carried away, all of my friends are American, they dont have visas, they were all born here in the US, but they are leaving and they say theyre going home, im not generalizing all Asian US citizens, i gave a response to ham's comment

i never said you guys werent US citizens, i never made you out to be aliens, i answered why there may be more black CEOs in the US than Asian CEOs

im not arguing whether or not you're not respected but the least respected is just not true man, and you guys are getting carried away, all of my friends are American, they dont have visas, they were all born here in the US, but they are leaving and they say theyre going home, im not generalizing all Asian US citizens, i gave a response to ham's comment

i never said you guys werent US citizens, i never made you out to be aliens, i answered why there may be more black CEOs in the US than Asian CEOs
So your point is that you think perhaps the reason there may be more Black CEO's in the US than Asian CEO's, yet Asians seem to make more money is because Asians are CEO's overseas? But back to the respect part, the difference between Black people and Asians is that people feel as if they can get away with insulting Asians without repercussions. The media especially, takes advantage of this. They won't do the same to black folks. They might take shots, but not so blatantly. Black people have a large enough population and people like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson to start a backlash.

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

freakydestroyer said:

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

it's his opinion and I agree
 I also agree. People just insult Asians for no valid reason. Like what have Asians generally done to harm others?
first off, Asians are more accepted than blacks, if you disagree its because you choose to not honestly evaluate the way blacks are treated and the way Asians are treated
the only empathy you guys are granted is because you have a reputation of having the best work ethic and are still subject to racial degrading, thats whack
If you are talking about education and career-wise then that is debatable, but even then black people can still put themselves in a prosperous situation if they work hard. But overall and especially in Hollywood and the media that simply isn't true. They degrade Asians blatantly without thinking twice i.e. closing eyelids and the word that rhymes with "think" because they get away with it just about every time. The white folks don't do that to blacks without expecting consequences.

any examples? I'm trying to think of this horrible oppression which Asians are going through in America and not seeing it.

strong cosign! blacks accepted in hollywood? i doubt that, otherwise george lucas wouldn't have had to make red tails entirely himself, and danny glover could actually make biopic on the haitian revolution. major movie labels do not want to mess with an all black cast. lionsgate is not a major movie label, so ib4 tyler perry movies. i just don't see the point of trying to start some NT race war. This country historically has kept black people down, with legislation being passed against us all the way back to the constitution itself. this institutionalized racism is still in place today, tho with much less muscle than the old days. i mean there are countless examples of this, but i think its kind of a waste to point them out because all of this should be obvious. thread is foolish
30t6p3b.gif

asians are less respected than blacks? only person to ever tell me i got into a college because of affirmative action was asian. being srs...

Damn, this thread is crazy. Will someone please find Jin The MC to make sense of all this!!!

Let's face it, us Asians aren't very unified.
Be real. There is too much beef amongst nationalities.
The only unifying trait between groups is our saltiness over Japan's history of violence and rape across Asia.
We'll never have a leader to speak for us that we'd all agree on.
It sounds nuts, but in my opinion, that leader could've been Bruce Lee. Everybody loves Bruce Lee.

So your point is that you think perhaps the reason there may be more Black CEO's in the US than Asian CEO's, yet Asians seem to make more money is because Asians are CEO's overseas? But back to the respect part, the difference between Black people and Asians is that people feel as if they can get away with insulting Asians without repercussions. The media especially, takes advantage of this. They won't do the same to black folks. They might take shots, but not so blatantly. Black people have a large enough population and people like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson to start a backlash.
yes that was my answer, but ok, true

Originally Posted by sreggie101

first off, Asians are more accepted than blacks, if you disagree its because you choose to not honestly evaluate the way blacks are treated and the way Asians are treated
the only empathy you guys are granted is because you have a reputation of having the best work ethic and are still subject to racial degrading, thats whack

any examples? I'm trying to think of this horrible oppression which Asians are going through in America and not seeing it.

strong cosign! blacks accepted in hollywood? i doubt that, otherwise george lucas wouldn't have had to make red tails entirely himself, and danny glover could actually make biopic on the haitian revolution. major movie labels do not want to mess with an all black cast. lionsgate is not a major movie label, so ib4 tyler perry movies. i just don't see the point of trying to start some NT race war. This country historically has kept black people down, with legislation being passed against us all the way back to the constitution itself. this institutionalized racism is still in place today, tho with much less muscle than the old days. i mean there are countless examples of this, but i think its kind of a waste to point them out because all of this should be obvious. thread is foolish
30t6p3b.gif

asians are less respected than blacks? only person to ever tell me i got into a college because of affirmative action was asian. being srs...
The concept of that same movie was made into a TV show in the 90's. It was called "Tuskegee Airmen". Matter of fact, Cuba Gooding Jr. starred in it as well. The reason it was so hard for Lucas to get the funding was not just because of the all black cast. It had something to do with it, but it was also because of the cost. But the first minority of anything is going to have to go through tough times no matter what. For instance, Jeremy Lin had to go through countless struggles to be the first Asian-American in the NBA. As far as institutionalized racism goes, it's no secret. But that just proves my point, if it's something against blacks it is done very subtly. When it's against Asians, they make it so open and obvious.

Some black dude told me I made his shoes. Does that mean all blacks are just as ignorant as him? Should I feel resentment towards all blacks? Don't let one bad apple spoil the bunch.

roll.gif
roll.gif

What does this mean? All of my Asian friends stay right here and live life like they always have, in America. This is their home. 

Probably the most ignorant post I've read on NT in a while. Maybe I'm getting too old for this place.

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

Damn, this thread is crazy. Will someone please find Jin The MC to make sense of all this!!!

The only unifying trait between groups is our saltiness over Japan's history of violence and rape across Asia.
It sounds nuts, but in my opinion, that leader could've been Bruce Lee. Everybody loves Bruce Lee.
im about to go see that new Bruce Lee documentary, "I Am Bruce Lee" 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Battousai701

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

im about to go see that new Bruce Lee documentary, "I Am Bruce Lee" 
pimp.gif
I hope you are trolling bro. If anything that is one thing Asians are generally good at. If there's a common cause, they'll just put the beef to the side and get stuff done.

Originally Posted by sreggie101

freakydestroyer said:

30t6p3b.gif

The concept of that same movie was made into a TV show in the 90's. It was called "Tuskegee Airmen". Matter of fact, Cuba Gooding Jr. starred in it as well. The reason it was so hard for Lucas to get the funding was not just because of the all black cast. It had something to do with it, but it was also because of the cost. But the first minority of anything is going to have to go through tough times no matter what. For instance, Jeremy Lin had to go through countless struggles to be the first Asian-American in the NBA. As far as institutionalized racism goes, it's no secret. But that just proves my point, if it's something against blacks it is done very subtly. When it's against Asians, they make it so open and obvious.

Some black dude told me I made his shoes. Does that mean all blacks are just as ignorant as him? Should I feel resentment towards all blacks? Don't let one bad apple spoil the bunch.

ill try to keep this organized, i can't do that quote blocks thing
laugh.gif

1. Race was definitely the sole reason. It was the reason they told him flat out. Cost isn't a reason at all, word to Avatar, Lord of the Rings...uh, transformers, etc.

2. Jeremy Lin being first asian american is great and all, and I think its awesome that people come out to show country pride and support Lin at the games. However any struggle he had to get to the NBA was def not because he was asian american. Thats just part of making it pro in general. He was undrafted, out of harvard, and never received any athletic scholarships to begin with. He was lowkey when he got to the NBA. Not everyone gets the success off the bat, and his story is a great example of that. Son the NBA could care less if he's asian american, they've handed out multi million dollar contracts to third world ball players for years.

3. Its extremely easy for racism to appear subtle to those who aren't a target of it. Period. and in this country, racism is NOT subtle against blacks, word to the judicial system, conservatives vs obama, fox news, prison industrial complex, xbox live, the KKK....uhh idk NT help me out
laugh.gif
w.e i could go on but its not subtle. Its not like "NO COLOREDS ALLOWED", but its not subtle. you just gotta open your eyes and be aware of it, no racial
nerd.gif

roll.gif
did someone really walk up to you and say you make their shoes? but seriously idk why u thought i meant i resent all asian people when i said that an asian told me i got into college because of affirmative action. def not the case. i was in high school at the time, in Bayside, NY. that neighborhood is DEEP with asians so most of my friends coming out were asian. i never hold it against a whole for the actions of a few (im lying tho, 5 years in philly made me sorta into an uncle ruckus
30t6p3b.gif
)
my point in saying that was to convey that for an asian to tell me that, they must not see it the way you see it. im guessing most people think of blacks/africanamericans when they think of affirmative action, when it really applies to all minorities, today.

I cant believe you fools are arguing about t.v and movies. Face palm.

One of the most impressive asian folks imo is The dude from
Community/ hangover. A licensed md that became a comedy actor and is hilarious.

Jason Whitlock was totally wrong in his comment and should be reprimanded.

Yellow Mamba?  Isnt Yellow an outdated  offensive term akin to Colored....The Asian Mamba would be better

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Jason Whitlock was totally wrong in his comment and should be reprimanded.

Yellow Mamba?  Isnt Yellow an outdated  offensive term akin to Colored....The Asian Mamba would be better

its a play on kobe's nickname. the black mamba is a snake; and its colored black. but since kobe is black too...well you see where im going with this, hence yellow mamba. but i get what you're saying, yellow in reference to asians isn't PC. they should call him something else..like honey badger
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom