Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

^ They both can't shoot a lick so that really won't help us anyway when Kaman and Brand attract double teams. Honestly, I'd rather us get Capt Kirkor Redd via FA somehow.

Great PG's are good until the day they retire. Was John Stockton a scrub when he was finishing in Utah? HELL no. Kidd has no training camp with histeammates to get adjusted to them. Criticize Kidd if we aren't good next year, but it's too soon.

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

laugh.gif
@ you acting like Dirk(who is 30) isn't in the same position out West with an aging Kidd running the point and a straight up "nobody" clogging up the middle
laugh.gif
at you acting like what you're saying is relevant... Dirk doesn't have an opt out clause, so what's the point of discussing it? Elton has an opportunity to distance himself from the garbage can that is the Los Angeles Clippers, and if I'm him, I'm jumping all over it. That team will never be relevant on a consistent basis as long as Donald Sterling is running the show...

The Mavs, regardless of how old Kidd is or how big a step back they took this season, are still miles ahead of the Clippers in terms of competing for a championship in the near future...
Get at me after your team removes their choker chains in 08/09. Your team barely made the postseason last year and got eliminated by an 8 seed the previous year
indifferent.gif
You acting like your Mavs have an extensive history of playing winning basketball
laugh.gif
more like an extensive history of choking away crucial basketball games. Your pseudo-MVP Dirk Diggler is really headed in the right direction with that team since championship hopes are right on the horizon
grin.gif
You guys need a real BIG(not that no-name E.Damp) and a better PG(not that washed up Kidd) to even be mentioned in a conversation about contenders.
roll.gif

I'm sorry but I can't take a Clipper fan when someone is trying to talk a franchise.

Getting a damn draft pick isn't goona do much with an older team either, by the time that kid is ready, Gash and Shaq will be long gone.

This just keeps getting better and better
Have you ever said one thing good about any team other than the Lakers? I don't understand what the Suns did to you!

Trading Diaw would be stupid as much as I hate him, but the dude can ball and I believe with a new coach coming will make him play consistent. Trading Barbosais the best thing I heard all summer!!!!! Going up in the draft is alright, but we better not trade it for "cash" like we've done plenty oftimes!

Originally Posted by tupac003

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Originally Posted by tupac003

Originally Posted by JPZx

Sure he would want to play along side Lamar...but Lamar is a bargaining chip to GET Ron isn't he?

He could be....

But IF ron opts out we could just sign him to an MLE.

But if you listen to this interview he takes a big jab at KG.

Can't listen, what did he say?

He questions KG's yelling and beating his chest at the end of a game when he is up 30 when in the last game when he was losing he was sitting there being quiet as a mouse.

Personally I didn't have a problem with KG doing his thing. That's what he does and he was a couple of mintues away from winning a title for the first time ever. Of course he is going to be jazzed up.

Dah well.
Yea I get it Ron wants him to play like this.
laugh.gif

Honestly I don't even really want Rose any more, not like we have a choice anyway

But I think Beasley will be very solid for Miami

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

laugh.gif
@ you acting like Dirk(who is 30) isn't in the same position out West with an aging Kidd running the point and a straight up "nobody" clogging up the middle
laugh.gif
at you acting like what you're saying is relevant... Dirk doesn't have an opt out clause, so what's the point of discussing it? Elton has an opportunity to distance himself from the garbage can that is the Los Angeles Clippers, and if I'm him, I'm jumping all over it. That team will never be relevant on a consistent basis as long as Donald Sterling is running the show...

The Mavs, regardless of how old Kidd is or how big a step back they took this season, are still miles ahead of the Clippers in terms of competing for a championship in the near future...
Get at me after your team removes their choker chains in 08/09. Your team barely made the postseason last year and got eliminated by an 8 seed the previous year
indifferent.gif
You acting like your Mavs have an extensive history of playing winning basketball
laugh.gif
more like an extensive history of choking away crucial basketball games. Your pseudo-MVP Dirk Diggler is really headed in the right direction with that team since championship hopes are right on the horizon
grin.gif
You guys need a real BIG(not that no-name E.Damp) and a better PG(not that washed up Kidd) to even be mentioned in a conversation about contenders.
roll.gif

I'm sorry but I can't take a Clipper fan when someone is trying to talk a franchise.

ok Choke City fan ok

tupac003:
Ron artest says he wouldn't mind playing with laamr because that is his boy. He also says he would take less money to come and play of a contender...

Link to the interview...

http://am570radio.com/cc-common/mediaplayer/player.html?redir=yes&mps=LooseCannons.php&mid=http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/18227/1h/cchannel.download.akamai.com/18227/podcast/LOSANGELES-CA/KLAC-AM/080619%20Ron%20Artest.mp3?CPROG=PCAST&CPROG=RICHMEDIA&MARKET=LOSANGELES-CA&NG_FORMAT=sports&NG_ID=klac1150am&OR_NEWSFORMAT=Sports&OWNER=&SERVER_NAME=www.am570radio.com&SITE_ID=727&STATION_ID=KLAC-AM&TRACK=
I mean, that doesn't really make sense to me.

If we had Artest and kept Odom, we would have 6 people that (in my opinion) HAVE to start.

- Fisher
- Kobe
- Artest
- Lamar
- Pau
- Bynum

In my opinion, it would be disrespectful to ask any of them to come off the bench. I think the least disrespectful would be to ask Fisher to come off thebench, but for what reason? Of those other five, none of them have experience being a primary ballhandler.

And we know Artest isn't going to start at the 2-guard position.

And we know Bynum and Pau are going to start at the 4/5 positions.

So Odom and Artest split time coming off the bench?

I don't know.

If we had Artest and kept Odom, we would have 6 people that (in my opinion) HAVE to start.

- Fisher
- Kobe
- Artest
- Lamar
- Pau
- Bynum

In my opinion, it would be disrespectful to ask any of them to come off the bench. I think the least disrespectful would be to ask Fisher to come off the bench, but for what reason? Of those other five, none of them have experience being a primary ballhandler.

I don't know.

That's my only gripe with the whole ordeal. It all just seems like wishful thinking..

- Fisher
- Kobe
- Artest
- Lamar
- Pau
- Bynum

In my opinion, it would be disrespectful to ask any of them to come off the bench. I think the least disrespectful would be to ask Fisher to come off the bench, but for what reason? Of those other five, none of them have experience being a primary ballhandler.

I don't know.

true. I don't think odom would be very effective coming off the bench. with him being as inconsistent as he is, i think him coming off the bench wouldreally shake his confidence and it would make it even harder for him to get into the flow of the game. whats the max that they could offer artest with the mle?

its either going to be odom or bynum off the bench...

you seriously dont see odom or bynum coming off the bench?

odom... has been running with the second unit pretty much the entire season
- you can now do the twin towers of bynum and gasol with a legit 3, and a great 6th man...

bynum... most likely will come off the bench to slowly reintroduce him to the lineup
- you basically have the starting lineup of last season with a much improved 3 spot...

Originally Posted by Viewtiful Mik3

its either going to be odom or bynum off the bench...

you seriously dont see odom or bynum coming off the bench?

odom... has been running with the second unit pretty much the entire season
- you can now do the twin towers of bynum and gasol with a legit 3, and a great 6th man...

bynum... most likely will come off the bench to slowly reintroduce him to the lineup
- you basically have the starting lineup of last season with a much improved 3 spot...

Big line up FTW! Bynum at center, Pau and LO forwards, Kobe and Ron at guard
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif

laugh.gif
i wish
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@ Vic the Brick trying hard to recruit Ron

bynum was gonna come off the bench had he returned this season. i really dont think artest would mind coming off the bench... can you say 6th man of the year?

anyways at times i feel kind of dumb talking about getting artest when we just made it to the finals without bynum and ariza...(i know ariza came back but philnever gave him a chance to get going)

the happiness of laker haters will be short lived imo...

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
grin.gif
roll.gif

ok Choke City fan ok

The Clippers aren't relevant or good enough to choke.
laugh.gif

Clipper fans are Laker fans that can't afford Laker tickets.

Plus I know who didn't choke:

F139996.jpg

Fall back

- Fisher
- Kobe
- Artest
- Lamar
- Pau
- Bynum

I don't know.

Odom would be coming off the bench

and I don't see what is so disrespectful about asking fisher to come off the bench

Kobe has A LOT of experience handling the ball...he actually handles the ball more than fisher...even during the championship years and he is better at itthan fisher as well

The Mavericks have sold out their games for like 4 years straight or something ridiculous like that. I don't care what the Clippers do, once they startputting butts in seats, or make it to the Playoffs again, there really is no argument.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

- Fisher
- Kobe
- Artest
- Lamar
- Pau
- Bynum

I don't know.

That's my only gripe with the whole ordeal. It all just seems like wishful thinking..

03/04 Lakers? Sounds like the same situation.

If I were Phil, I would have Bynum coming off the bench... for the first half of the season, the most likely switch it up and put LO or Kobe bringing up theball.

ohwell.gif
Again, you're trying too damn hard... I never said the Mavs were contenders next year... And they're not, not without somemajor roster reconstruction anyways...

But they're certainly more relevant than the Los Angeles Clippers...
Clipper fans are Laker fans that can't afford Laker tickets.
LOL.
Mavs fans are Spurs fans that can't afford Spurs tickets
Except the Mavs have oversold the arena on a nightly basis every year since Cuban bought the team, and led the league in arena capacity percentageevery year this decade...
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by BallinBoykz

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

- Fisher
- Kobe
- Artest
- Lamar
- Pau
- Bynum

I don't know.

03/04 Lakers? Sounds like the same situation.

If I were Phil, I would have Bynum coming off the bench... for the first half of the season, the most likely switch it up and put LO or Kobe bringing up the ball.

Nah man, it's not the same situation. Karl Malone was a joke pretty much. He started out okay, but towards the end, not good enough. GP and Karl weredeclining, Artest, Odom, Pau, Bynum are still in their prime (with the exception of Bynum, but he's only getting BETTER). Even if it was the same,that's not exactly a great situation if you're comparing the two. The Lakers went into a funk for a few years, and they didn't win that year.

Back
Top Bottom