Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

If I were GSW and I had that deal dangling in front of me, I'd TAKE IT.

It's a good thing you're not making the decisions
laugh.gif
... just kidding. Hear me out on this one.

Varejao doesn't need to score, and the Warriors have PLENTY of scorers.

Really, aside from Monta... we have volume shooters and streaky shooters. We score a bunch of points because we're atop the league in possessions pergame. Plus we score off of turnovers. Oh and plus we shoot the 3 ball the most per game if I'm not mistaken. We don't shoot a great percentage. Wedon't really have any real dependable scorers aside from Monta.

He does what the Warriors need, he eats up the boards, and he plays good defense, both what the Warriors strive for. Baron, Monta, Jack, Andy, Beans = WIN.

Brandan Wright already does that... plus he has more upside and comes at a cheaper price tag which allows us to have more flexibility for the future. We allknow Varejao is overpaid. I'm sorry JapanAir, but I think you're wrong on this one.

Originally Posted by franchise3

If I were GSW and I had that deal dangling in front of me, I'd TAKE IT. Varejao doesn't need to score, and the Warriors have PLENTY of scorers. He does what the Warriors need, he eats up the boards, and he plays good defense, both what the Warriors strive for. Baron, Monta, Jack, Andy, Beans = WIN.
Wright can do everything Varejao does and then some.

He just needs minutes from Nelly, that's all.

NO TRADE

Plus he doesn't flop and actually tries to block/alter shots, which I always like.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Brandon Wright plays good D?

Yall gona be waitin on that kid to develop for a while

If you watched Brandan Wright play last season when he was actually given minutes, you'd realize that he was a difference maker. He impacted the game.He altered shots/blocked shots.

It's a good thing we're going to wait for for Brandan to develop... I want that. As oppose to someone who's already reached their peak in termsof performance in Anderson Varejao. I don't see anything this guy can improve on.
Brandan Wright's ceiling is higher than Anderson Varejao's.

Yeah he blocks and alters shots, his wing span is absurd.

But that doesn't make him a good defender.

Yeah he blocks and alters shots, his wing span is absurd.

But that doesn't make him a good defender.

That's why he's going to develop. It's a pretty well known fact that he's got to add bulk to his frame. That's why he's not playingin there against the bangers of the league. Also in his defense, we have Don Nelson who is notorious for not preaching defense. But the Nelson Era is almostdone (hallelujah). Once we get through this year, this "no-defense" mindset hopefully is going to go out the door with Don Nelson. Hopefullywe're going to get a more defensive minded coach, if not, then someone who at least holds his players accountable for defensive lapse. Anyways, thepotential is still there so I'm not giving up hope. Brandan Wright also has very good hands, something you can't teach a player. Wright has thewingspan, as you alluded to earlier. Plus Wright is motivated. He wasn't given time in the beginning of the season to play but he kept on working harderand harder in practice which forced the coaching staff to make a decision with him... and they played him. His attitude is great. He doesn't mope aroundand try less when the going gets tough. All I'm saying is that Brandan has the tools/mindset to be a good player in this league. Varejao on the other hand
eyes.gif

Also, I'm guessing Varejao flopping makes him a good defender? I'm just not convinced by him.

I'm not saying I'd swap them.

I wouldn't, Wright has too much upside

But right now, Andy is a better defender, no question.

I'm not saying I'd swap them.

I wouldn't, Wright has too much upside

But right now, Andy is a better defender, no question.

I see what you're saying. You're talking about the present and I'm talking about the future. Yeah Wright isn't much of a defender now, butI'm waiting for him to improve.

They say it takes longer for big men to develop so I guess we'll just have to wait. Anyways, by the time Wright should be fully developed, Monta,Andris, and Belinelli should be already hitting their strides... if all goes according to plan of course *crosses fingers*.

Well, if Brandan pans out to be a really good player, he's going to be demanding more money, just like Beans and Monta are doing, they're going to getPAID this summer. You're thinking financially, that's good, but BW is going to get paid more than AV in the future. It's better to have a greatrole player (which is what AV is) over a potential star sometimes. 5 million is a bit steep, but I don't think the Warriors are looking to sign anyone forsignificant amount of money this off-season (other than Beans/Monta). Varejao on the other hand has peaked his game, and I think he's going to stay thisway for a while. Who's to say if Nellie WILL PLAY BW next year? It's not certain, Nellie still hasn't proven he will play the young guys. Idon't know, I think Varejao is a better defender than BW, but it's not like BW doesn't attempt to play defense. PLUS you'll be gettingwhat's basically a quality pick @ 19. Don't get me wrong, I WOULD NOT swap AV for BW, but throw in #19 and I'm sold.

Well, if Brandan pans out to be a really good player, he's going to be demanding more money, just like Beans and Monta are doing, they're going to get PAID this summer. You're thinking financially, that's good, but BW is going to get paid more than AV in the future. It's better to have a great role player (which is what AV is) over a potential star sometimes. 5 million is a bit steep, but I don't think the Warriors are looking to sign anyone for significant amount of money this off-season (other than Beans/Monta). Varejao on the other hand has peaked his game, and I think he's going to stay this way for a while. Who's to say if Nellie WILL PLAY BW next year? It's not certain, Nellie still hasn't proven he will play the young guys. I don't know, I think Varejao is a better defender than BW, but it's not like BW doesn't attempt to play defense. PLUS you'll be getting what's basically a quality pick @ 19. Don't get me wrong, I WOULD NOT swap AV for BW, but throw in #19 and I'm sold.

Why you have to ruin a good thing for me with your counter-argument?
laugh.gif

Look, I understand that Wright's going to get money in a few years. But you also have to look at who we have coming off the books in a few yearstoo. Baron Davis' $18. We have Foyle's contract (yes to those who don't know, we're still paying this guy from when we bought him out) comingoff the books too. We have Harrington's and S-Jax's coming off in a few years too. As our team ages, we'll get rid of bits and pieces and get newones. By the time Wright becomes eligible for a contract extension, I'm sure we can afford it.

The projected core of our team is Brandan Wright, Monta Ellis, Andris Biedrins, and Marco Belinelli. Having a core group of guys is esstential to building ateam. Our core guys in a couple of years isn't going to be Baron, S-Jax, and as much as it pains me to say, Al Harrington
frown.gif

*Edit*
I almost forgot to address your comment on Nellie not playing Wright this upcoming season. Yeah, I know you heard Nellie say "Belinelli this" and"Wright that" last season without any real intent of putting them in the game. But the difference this season is the Warriors front office isstepping in. The front office is basically putting their imprint on how Nellie's rotation is going to look like and how he utilizes his bench next season.They want to see how Wright and Belinelli fair as rotational players. They need to evaluate and improve the team as they see fit. From their standpoint, howthey evaluate properly and improve the team if they don't see how Wright and Belinelli improve? If they Wright and Belinelli don't play next season,I'm going to be extremely disappointed to say the least.

The Phoenix Suns have put Leandro Barbosa and Boris Diaw on the table in attempts to either move up in the draft or secure another veteran to play alongside Steve Nash, Amare Stoudemire and Shaquille O'Neal. ESPN.com

Hold up.

The nuns would want to get the F older? For real?

Getting a damn draft pick isn't goona do much with an older team either, by the time that kid is ready, Gash and Shaq will be long gone.

This just keeps getting better and better.
roll.gif
roll.gif

Sure he would want to play along side Lamar...but Lamar is a bargaining chip to GET Ron isn't he?

Originally Posted by JPZx

Sure he would want to play along side Lamar...but Lamar is a bargaining chip to GET Ron isn't he?

He could be....

But IF ron opts out we could just sign him to an MLE.

But if you listen to this interview he takes a big jab at KG.

Originally Posted by tupac003

He could be....

Can't listen, what did he say?

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

laugh.gif
@ you acting like Dirk(who is 30) isn't in the same position out West with an aging Kidd running the point and a straight up "nobody" clogging up the middle
laugh.gif
at you acting like what you're saying is relevant... Dirk doesn't have an opt out clause, so what's the point of discussing it? Elton has an opportunity to distance himself from the garbage can that is the Los Angeles Clippers, and if I'm him, I'm jumping all over it. That team will never be relevant on a consistent basis as long as Donald Sterling is running the show...

The Mavs, regardless of how old Kidd is or how big a step back they took this season, are still miles ahead of the Clippers in terms of competing for a championship in the near future...
Get at me after your team removes their choker chains in 08/09. Your team barely made the postseason last year and got eliminated by an 8 seed theprevious year
indifferent.gif
You acting like your Mavs have an extensivehistory of playing winning basketball
laugh.gif
more like an extensive historyof choking away crucial basketball games. Your pseudo-MVP Dirk Diggler is really headed in the right direction with that team since championship hopes areright on the horizon
grin.gif
You guys need a real BIG(not that no-name E.Damp)and a better PG(not that washed up Kidd) to even be mentioned in a conversation about contenders.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Originally Posted by tupac003

He could be....

Can't listen, what did he say?

He questions KG's yelling and beating his chest at the end of a game when he is up 30 when in the last game when he was losing he was sitting there beingquiet as a mouse.

Personally I didn't have a problem with KG doing his thing. That's what he does and he was a couple of mintues away from winning a title for the firsttime ever. Of course he is going to be jazzed up.

Dah well.

You guys need a real BIG(not that no-name E.Damp) and a better PG(not that washed up Kidd) to even be mentioned in a conversation about contenders.
tsktsk.

kidd is not washed up. he doesn't exactly fit in with the mavs, but that doesn't mean he's washed up.

Yeah, I mean he was washed up while puttin up 11,10 and 8 in Jersey THIS season too, right?

Originally Posted by Enlightened Thought

You guys need a real BIG(not that no-name E.Damp) and a better PG(not that washed up Kidd) to even be mentioned in a conversation about contenders.
tsktsk.

kidd is not washed up. he doesn't exactly fit in with the mavs, but that doesn't mean he's washed up.

Kidd only has 2.5 decent years left before his career is lowered in the ground so keep thinking he's still has the ability to lead a team to thepromised land all you want.

i swear that's what ppl were saying two or so years ago. but damn, if still has 2.5 years left in him, i think that's plenty of time to lead a team tothe promised land.

i'm sure the clippers would love to have him on their squad
wink.gif

^ He'd be Cassell(Bos) 2.0 if anything for those 2.5 years and you're right he'd be a perfect fit coming off the bench for either Livingston orKnight plus a good mentor. Don't get it twisted I highly respect Kidd but asking him to keep up with all these up and coming PG's is a bit muchdon't you think?

^while i will agree that he has lost his step versus younger point guards, he's still able to hold his own and lead a team. will he be cassell 2.0? no, idon't think. i respectfully disagree. him putting up 11, 10 and 8 at his age is ridiculous.

but if you think Jason Kidd is going to be a backup for BREVIN KNIGHT, you're outta your mind. tell me you don't honestly think kidd should be comingoff the bench for knight. livingston? eh maybe. but KNIGHT? give me a break man.

Back
Top Bottom