Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

looks like mitch is being lured into the 'contract year play' again ala luke by sasha. i'd really rather LA not resign him at all. and if they due,give him what ronny was making last year.

and i know the rockets wouldn't do this, but if they're looking to get rid of tmac, why not package odom w/vlad and luke and try to get mac. i know hehasn't had a fully healthy season since early in orlando, but he's a great passer and can play good defense when he puts his mind to it, i justdon't know if it makes much sense to have a player making 14 mil coming off the bench if we have the same team we had last year.

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

I like your initial trade scenario involving J-High much better
You'd do that? Damn, sign me up.
laugh.gif

Not really but Terry and J-High have very high basketball i.q.'s so yes I'd do it in a heartbeat especially if I knew keeping EB and Magz wasn't a viable option.

Unless this is sarcasm
laugh.gif

Eric Dampier has never had a prime just two years above mediocrity.

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

Originally Posted by JDMFanatic

Billups
Iverson
Prince
Martin
Camby

Why the hell would you turn down that trade offer?

Same thing I was thinking...
That's why denver will always be denver.

Watch...all they want to do is have another decent season where they put a lot of points up and sell out the pepsi center. Then let iverson play out that dealand let him walk.

IMO denver is STUPID for not taking that deal.

Originally Posted by djkaos23

Im predicting arenas to Clippers. DJ Austine or Eric Gordon in the draft (id prefer DJ). Magette opts out and leaves even though i dont want him to.
Clippers starting five next season. If we make the right moves and offers and stay healthy we can possibly have this....

PG - DJ Austine or Eric Gordon
SG - Agent Zero
SF - Al "THE BEAST" Thorton
PF - EB
C - Kaman

Bench

Tim Wack $+% needs to be traded Thomas
Brevin Knight
Cuttino Mobley
Paul Davis
Josh Powell (kid can play)
Marcus William
Shaun Livingston (gotta root for him because of the way he got hurt)
^^ but if he cant go use that money towards making agent zero an offer. bring agent zero home Sterling!!!
I hear you but I just don't see Arenas leaving Wash to play for our Clips

That proposed Nuggets lineup wouldn't be much better than the current one. What drastic change in that lineup leads you all to believe that puts them indiscussion with the top teams in the West. They get an aging PG and SF who will only be as good as the team around him.

There's also some talk of Philadelphia being willing to break out the bank for Josh Smith...if that happens...
sick.gif
at having Igoudala and J-Smith on the wings with Dre running the point.

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

That proposed Nuggets lineup wouldn't be much better than the current one. What drastic change in that lineup leads you all to believe that puts them in discussion with the top teams in the West. They get an aging PG and SF who will only be as good as the team around him.

There's also some talk of Philadelphia being willing to break out the bank for Josh Smith...if that happens...
sick.gif

Just go to half cort and throw the ball in the air....

Let them two dudes fight over it...
smh.gif

The reason why the Nuggets turned it down is probably from a PR standpoint.

It's just not popular giving up a superstar, and not getting a superstar in return.

While it would probably improve them, Billups + Prince aren't 'flashy' name players.

Pistons would be sick though with Melo.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

T-Mac is worth more than Lamar Odom and 2 bums.
you not gonna say that when tmac lying on the court in a career ending injury next year...

oh my god.... i got to thinking and the best scenario for the lakers other than keeping the team in tact is a possible sign and trade of odom to miami inexchange for Marion.... hell throw in walton as well...

Joe D just should be slappin himself right now, for not drafting Melo in the 1st place.
he could keep the team in tact, and just add around Melo, Max, and Stuck

I say trade rip and Sheed, Chauncey is a top 5 PG, and a team with Melo and Sheed is doomed.

I think Riop is detroit's best player now. He scored consistently in the playoffs and you know what you are getting from him. The other guys are tooeratic.

sick.gif

there's no way they can re-sign iguodala and then sign smith this summer.
but the idea of those two on the same team is
sick.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

sick.gif

sick.gif
smh.gif

except when they go to a half court set and start brick laying

Originally Posted by knightngale

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

sick.gif

sick.gif
smh.gif

except when they go to a half court set and start brick laying

laugh.gif
Exactly what I was thinking

Originally Posted by miamin2

that nuggets-pistons trade would help out both teams a lot

yea I would say the same thing the nuggets would become a better defensive team with prince.

Originally Posted by franchise3

It's just not popular giving up a superstar, and not getting a superstar in return.

While it would probably improve them, Billups + Prince aren't 'flashy' name players.

Exactly. Melo is the face of Jordan now. Tayshaun and Billups aren't the face of anything. The Nuggets would still have AI, yes, but he hasn't beena big marketed player since he left Philly.

PR Standpoint?

We're talkin about Melo, right?

In exchange for two 'nice' guys in the league...nah...not buyin that.

It just doesn't improve their team all that much. Chauncey is now old and overrated...whens the last big shot, "Mr. Big Shot" hit?

It'd be pointless.

Yeah, but I still think AI can be the face of a franchise..even if he doesn't have many years left..

I think sometime soon the Nuggets and maybe their fans just get sick of Melo.

They need changes, but I don't think that's the deal to make.

Originally Posted by franchise3

So they would give up a solid defensive presence in Prince and a solid PG for someone who doesnt play defense in Melo but can score and be good forMarketing????? Pretty sure team defense and solid PG play still wins Championships.. *see 04 Pistons 08 Celtics* hmmmmm.......

Back
Top Bottom