Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

Originally Posted by dreClark

Too bad JO is prolly never gonna be healthy again....

Another Penny Hardaway
tired.gif
, why does it always have to end like this

Originally Posted by Tha Murdera 2001

Originally Posted by blaxoid

I can't believe that teams are still going after O'Neal, dude has like 1/2 a knee left
and 44 mil over the next two seasons...
eek.gif
It is BEYOND me why he and Zach Randolph are making the money they are
smh.gif

Talk about overreaction by GMs

I hope the trade between the Raptors and Pacers wont happen. That would just be big waste to us
tired.gif

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

It is BEYOND me why he and Zach Randolph are making the money they are
smh.gif

Talk about overreaction by GMs

At the time, both were reasonable deals, JO was coming off a season where he was in MVP voting if I remember correctly and ZBO had just averaged 20 & 10on the Blazers. Overreaction by GMs = Adonal Foyle & Ericka Dampier deals

JO being injured just happens, thats bad luck, but as for ZBO the character issues should have been obvious. Now he's a black hole on the Knicks
smh.gif

I've read on Houston message boards that Rockets front office people have said... The "Most polite rocket" will be traded this week...

Shane Battier?

Originally Posted by HtownRox14

I've read on Houston message boards that Rockets front office people have said... The "Most polite rocket" will be traded this week...

Shane Battier?

frown.gif

Originally Posted by bjm5295

Am I the only one who thinks it'll be rediculous to possibly give Bynum 5 years $80 Million?

i feel the same way...i think the lakers should hold off on the extension and see how he performs this upcoming season.

don't want him to turn into boris diaw or anything
smh.gif

5 years 50 million is more reasonable. in 5 years, dude will still be a baby and be in his prime = 5 years, 100 million.

5 years 80 million for a guy who hasn't done anything besides show potential. smh 5 years 40-50 mill is a bit of a reach but a lot better.

5yr/80 million? That's goddamn ridiculous. 16 million a year who hasn't had a consistent injury-free season is preposterous.

As for JO, he was at one point in discussion with the best PF's in the L, up there with TD and Garnett. At one point I thought he was more polished thanKG.

Also, I really like Battier, and I think he's good for Houston, I hope he doesn't leave.

A couple rumors, Morrison and the 9th pick could be shipped to Minny for the 3rd pick.

TJ Ford, Rasho, and possibly the 19th pick could be shipped to Indy for JO.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Originally Posted by bjm5295

Am I the only one who thinks it'll be rediculous to possibly give Bynum 5 years $80 Million?

i feel the same way...i think the lakers should hold off on the extension and see how he performs this upcoming season.

don't want him to turn into boris diaw or anything
smh.gif

Bynum already said he doesn't care if he doesn't get a max deal and that he's willing to take less money to help the team. All he cares aboutis being a Laker.

^no offense or anything...but i don't buy that.

any nba player will say that to look good for the public. it's not because it's bynum or the lakers. i just don't buy the fact that an nba wouldleave like 20 mill on the table for winning. especially someone as young as bynum.

but hey, i could be wrong.

Shane Battier?

I actually didn't like Battier when Houston first traded for him but now, I hope they don't trade him.

Originally Posted by Enlightened Thought

^no offense or anything...but i don't buy that.

any nba player will say that to look good for the public. it's not because it's bynum or the lakers. i just don't buy the fact that an nba would leave like 20 mill on the table for winning. especially someone as young as bynum.

but hey, i could be wrong.

dude still lives with his parents..... i think he would take less money to stay on the team, it would be stupid to give him all that money we dont evenknow how hes gona return, he played well last season but $80mill
eyes.gif
letsconcentrate on the LO thing he needs to block more shots and be more aggressive or they need to shop him and bring in a big name player!

Sorry for the lack of updates today. I had a big paper due tomorrow and wanted to finish it today. I will have a FULL update with days worth of rumors tomorrowmorning.

Shane Battier?
Say word?
eek.gif
nerd.gif
frown.gif

The Rockets are in a catch 22.

They could roll with their current lineup into next season, which is good, but maybe not good enough come playoff time as we've seen, or they could tradeShane (Houston's most tradeable asset, as T-Mac and Yao aren't going anywhere) and try to move up in the draft/get an offensive minded player.

The thing is though, the Rockets win because of their defense for the most part. Consistently one of the best teams in the league defensively. Shane is theglue guy, the Rockets best defender..

I don't think he gets traded, but if he does, I think it's to Portland..

Originally Posted by franchise3

I don't think he gets traded, but if he does, I think it's to Portland..

Could that be the trade Portland makes for the #13 and Martell? Battier is exactly what the Blazers need if they're deciding not to move up in thedraft. A quality guy that can will give them veteran leadship, defense and perimter shooting. I know Houston would hate to loose Shane that but to add a guylike Martell Webster and possibly another young big or athletic wing to help provide some more athleticism on the offensive end, I think it's a win/winsituation.

Houston would probably want Outlaw and 13... i know its more of a stretch than martell, but battier is arguably the best 1 on 1 defender in the league...he's worth a lot. I could see the trade going down if rush is available at 13...

Rockets get outlaw and draft rush

Then trade SJax and Francis's exprings at the deadline for a SG/SF (mike miller)...

Rockets end up looking

Rafer/Brooks
Miller/Rush/Head
T-mac/Outlaw/Novak
Scola/Landry/Hayes
Yao/_____?

i like it better than now..although we would need a better back up PG...

Since Houston excels defensively, losing Battier would obviously hurt. Defense wins in the playoffs.

Honestly, I don't think Shane gets traded. With Rafer improving his game and Scola having a year under his belt, Houston will be primed for the playoffsonce again. They don't have to trade Battier but if Houston's front office feels they need to, then they better get a piece that fits.

Back
Top Bottom