Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

wait are the magic going afer maggette? if so thats stupid

well they do need some help at the 2. Maybe they can get back some of that money Lewis stole from them last summer

I was hyped last year and the season turned out great. This year looks to be good too. If Stern were to just contract four teams, the NBA would reach 80'slevel excitement.

Davis to the Clippers...Maggette to a contender...the return of Bynum & Ariza...the arrival of Oden...

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

wait are the magic going afer maggette? if so thats stupid

Why is it stupid? They have no reliable player @ the two right now. Turk is a 3.

Davis to the Clippers...Maggette to a contender...the return of Bynum & Ariza...the arrival of Oden...

pimp.gif
, I seriously CANNOT WAIT to see Oden in action, I really hope he's the second-coming of Shaq. Regardless, Blazers = PROBLEM.

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

I really hope he's the second-coming of Shaq.

Good luck with that...
Co-sign.

There will never be another shaq. Let greg be greg. He is a great guy and I can't wait to see him either.

You gotta give Maggette props if he goes to a contender like the Spurs or Celtics. He's leaving a lot of money on the table if he decides to join one ofthose teams.

If he's just looking for the MLE, he needs to join the Raptors
nerd.gif

Arenas for the max is such a joke. The Wizards have been mediocre with Arenas/Caron/Antawn + no big man + no depth. They're basically handicappingthemselves for years to come.

Arenas isn't a franchise player, his knees are busted and he hasn't proven that he can make a difference maker that can single-handedly win games forhis team.

Arenas+Monta wouldn't scare anyone in the NBA. They'd get murked on defense.

Artest is an f'n fool, dude would've got paid in a better situation. Even if no one wanted to offer him a long-term deal he could've got the MLEsomewhere else which is like $1 million less than his current $7.4 million/yr.

Originally Posted by tupac003

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

I really hope he's the second-coming of Shaq.

Good luck with that...
Co-sign.

There will never be another shaq. Let greg be greg. He is a great guy and I can't wait to see him either.
yeah. besides, Oden doesn't have to be close to Shaq if the Blazers are going to be good. He really just has to be a nice solid big man for theBlazers to contend. Now, if he turns out to live up to ALL the hype surrounding him.....then....
ohwell.gif

The thing is, who's going to offer Magette more then the MLE?

The whole reason Artest didn't opt out, was because he thought that's all he would see. The MLE, since a lot of teams are cash strapped.

Magette is nice, but nobody wants to lock him up for big money and long term, considering 2010 is right around the corner.

I don't see why maggs would want to go to the celtics, he still has a lot of years ahead of him where he can be 2nd, maybe first, option on a team

he goes to the celtics, where 2 of the top three players are at his position, his playing time drops significantly

if he goes to the magic however, that would be a great fit, he would slide right into the starting lineup, that would be the second best starting roster onpaper in the east

spurs would be the same thing, but i hate the spurs and only want to see their demise, not their progression

Maggette might be looking to get paid, but at this point, where is he going to get money?

Memphis or Philadelphia? Nope... He can't leverage his way to more money through sign and trade anymore, since the Clippers had to renounce his rights inorder to sign Baron...

Nobody else has enough cap space to give him more than the MLE. He won't get more than the mid-level.

the only teams with enough cap room to offer more than the mle to maggette are the grizzlies, sixers and now the warriors i think.

if i were him, i would sign with the spurs or mavs for the mle.

Maggette might be looking to get paid, but at this point, where is he going to get money?

Memphis or Philadelphia? Nope... He can't leverage his way to more money through sign and trade anymore, since the Clippers had to renounce his rights in order to sign Baron...

Nobody else has enough cap space to give him more than the MLE. He won't get more than the mid-level.
the only teams with enough cap room to offer more than the mle to maggette are the grizzlies, sixers and now the warriors i think.
Exactly. So this talk of him coat-tailing it is just foolish. If the Spurs sign him that would be
eek.gif

before the baron signing i thought the bullls should trade gordon or hinrich and a playey like gooden and soem draft picks to the clips to bring brand back

but i think brand is staying now

Imagine
rose
Hinrich or gordon
deng
brand
Noah

as ya starting 5

I hope Maggette goes to Orlando, that's where he said he would like to play and he'd be a starter here. I live in Orlando so I'm a fan of the Magicand I'd love to see him come and play here again.

I won't blame him if he goes to either the Celtics or the Spurs, but he'd be passing up a starting spot and a chance to be a real option on an up andcoming team.

Back
Top Bottom