Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

detroit is stupid if they make any changes

they realistically got the 2nd best team in the league (they had the 2nd best record in the league this year)

they just need to beat boston

cuz im sure this year they could have beat anbody from the west in a seven game series (lakers,spurs,jazz,,hornets,suns,whoever)

the older vets on their team (sheed billups mcdyess) still got a coupla years left

rip and prince are in their prime

and maxiel and stucky are young and could be stars

all they might wanna do is add a good veteran like they did ratliff this year or just keep him (i dont know what kinda contract he has)

i think they are a great coach away from a chamionship

JapanAir21:
As for Odom, Odom > RJ, but Tayshaun >>>> Odom, sorry ska.
laugh.gif

EDIT: I forgot to add, I found it laugh out loud funny that you say that RJ doesn't play defense, than someone offers you one of the best defensive players at that position and you still would take Odom.
roll.gif

I find your reading comprehension skills 'laugh out loud funny'.

I said that I would take Prince for Odom, soooooo... ... ... that whole thing about finding it hilarious that I would keep Odom if offered Prince for Odom...... yeaaaah... ... ... about that... ...
nerd.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

I don't expect my team to win a 'ship but I do expect them to be competitive if healthy. I hope Kidd, Dirk and J-High start gelling the way I know they can b/c you guys seriously are 1 legit BIG away from being a scary team. Good luck!
Real talk... I just want Elton to opt out and take less money to play elsewhere because... Well... Because I think he'd be just the type guy Dallas needs to really get back into the mix...
laugh.gif

Jason Terry and Josh Howard for S&T Corey Maggette and opted out S&T Elton Brand.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Back to reality, though... Would you sign and trade Maggette in a trade for Terry? I really think that's something the Mavericks need to revisit.
Terry? Depends on his salary b/c we have enough overpaid aging bums on this team already in Mobley and Thomas.
laugh.gif

I like your initial trade scenario involving J-High much better
wink.gif

Looks like A.I. isn't going anywhere.
[h1]Nuggets have Iverson another year[/h1]

Allen Iverson regularly has said he wants to finish his career in Denver.

It hasn't been just talk.

With Friday the deadline for Iverson to opt out of the final year of his contract, the star guard decided not to do so, and will return to the Nuggets next season for $20.84 million. The move was first reported by the Rocky Mountain News after Iverson's agent, Leon Rose, confirmed his client's intentions in a phone interview.

"Things have gone well for him (in Denver)," Rose said of Iverson, traded from Philadelphia in December 2006. "He's looking forward to taking the team (further)."

Iverson's decision was not a surprise. However, his personal manager, Gary Moore, had told the Rocky on May 30 that Iverson's camp had discussions with the Nuggets about Iverson possibly opting out and signing a multiyear deal.

However, a source said Friday the Nuggets, deep into the luxury tax, never ended up making a formal offer for Iverson to sign such a multiyear deal.

Nuggets vice president of basketball operations Mark Warkentien declined comment.

An NBA official confirmed Friday the Nuggets still could sign Iverson, 33, to a contract extension by June 30, 2009. If no deal is reached by then, Iverson would become an unrestricted free agent July 1, 2009.

It appears unlikely the Nuggets would do anything this summer with Iverson's contract. The Nuggets have eight players with guaranteed contracts next season totaling more than $78 million.

Considering the Nuggets want to re-sign restricted free-agent guard J.R. Smith and must carry at least 13 players on the roster, they're staring at a payroll approaching $90 million, which would be about $20 million over the luxury-tax threshold.

For now, though, Nuggets players are happy to have Iverson back.

"Man, that's a great thing for Denver," said guard Chucky Atkins, speaking Friday, a day after center Marcus Camby said he expected Iverson to return and was hoping he would. "We need him back. I've been waiting a year to play with him."

Atkins missed much of last season with a groin strain and sports hernia. He has vowed to be next season's starter at point guard, with Iverson opening at shooting guard.

"I think we have a leadership issue," Atkins said. "I think I can talk to guys (the team's stars) and command their respect because I hang out with all those guys.

"I can speak to those guys a way Anthony Carter (a free agent after taking over as last season's starting point guard when Atkins got hurt) couldn't because Anthony Carter doesn't really hang out with Kenyon (Martin) and (Carmelo Anthony) and A.I. ... I can possibly push buttons that (Carter) wasn't able to (last season and Atkins couldn't) because when you're injured you can only tell a guy so much."

Friday's move clears the way for Atkins to try to push Iverson's buttons next season.

Nuggets will be about same as they were this year.

Having a hard time winning becuase of the defense.

Its hard when only some of your starters care about defense.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

JapanAir21:
As for Odom, Odom > RJ, but Tayshaun >>>> Odom, sorry ska.
laugh.gif

EDIT: I forgot to add, I found it laugh out loud funny that you say that RJ doesn't play defense, than someone offers you one of the best defensive players at that position and you still would take Odom.
roll.gif
I find your reading comprehension skills 'laugh out loud funny'.

I said that I would take Prince for Odom, soooooo... ... ... that whole thing about finding it hilarious that I would keep Odom if offered Prince for Odom... ... yeaaaah... ... ... about that... ...
nerd.gif

laugh.gif

Yeah, I went back and re-read what you said, and I was like "*%% was I reading.." My bad
embarassed.gif
laugh.gif

I'd trade JET+Josh for Maggs+EB S&T in a heartbeat.

ET; peep Dampier's last year in GSW, 12/12 and 2 blocks per game is very impressive, not many Centers in the L could do that, and shoot 50%+.

I hear the same thing from these fools all the time. If only if only if only for 30 + years. They ain't doin sh*^. They had like 17 all stars back a few years, they signed every damn free agent in the league, they got beat by two guys and some role players. They ain't worth sh*^.

There are no if only's though. The only factor that you have to worry about is this upcoming season. What exactly are you talking about 30+ years? 30 yearsago, they won a championship, if that's what you're referring to, but other than that I haven't a clue what you're talking about. A few yearsback when they had all those egotistical players? Please tell me when the Trailblazers had more than 2 all-stars. Back when Zachery Boseph was young? The onlygood players the Blazers have had in their prime (or near-prime) recently are Zachery Boseph, Rasheed, and Bonzi. That's not enough to win a championship,or do damage, and no one said they were going to?

Are you trying to say that the overall #1 pick in the draft, a man among boys (literally and figuratively) wouldn't have made that team at least 10 gamesbetter last year? I would rather have this upcoming Blazers roster than any other roster in the League right now. LaMarcus Aldridge is a young star, andhe's only going to get better. Brandon Roy is versatile big guard. Jarrett Jack is a tough PG. James Jones is that Kyle Korver type shooter that can lightit up. Webster and Outlaw can be the spark off the bench this team needs when times are rough. Steve Blake will be a good PG off the bench. Oden will be star,and up there with Dwight, without a doubt in my mind. Oden will probably have a better rookie year than Dwight had. Rudy Fernandez, I'm trying to warnyall, he's going to be real good. If I'm wrong, I'll eat my own words, but this dude is polished, and he's ready. AND they have hte 13th pickthis year, a deep draft.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Dampier had some glimpses of what he did in his prime with Kidd last year

Dampier never had a prime. He did have that one CONTRACT year though...

~75 games of 12/12 and 2 is very solid.

That's exactly what the Mavs thought when they got duped into signing him.

Originally Posted by Enlightened Thought

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Dampier had some glimpses of what he did in his prime with Kidd last year

Dampier never had a prime. He did have that one CONTRACT year though...
~75 games of 12/12 and 2 is very solid.
i will agree; that year was very solid. but i don't think you can call one year a PRIME. you know what i mean?

I was in my prime when I was about 14 and it was only for about 4 months.

frown.gif

But yeah, I see what you're saying.. I should have said it more precisely, but still, I have hopes he can put up 9/9 again. If he did that, I'm sureall Mavericks fans would be more than happy.

man this thread is long....i started a similar thread on another forum and we are only on the first few pages. anyways i would like to see the lakers pick up abetter shooting more natural sf.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

I like your initial trade scenario involving J-High much better
You'd do that? Damn, sign me up.
laugh.gif

Not really but Terry and J-High have very high basketball i.q.'s so yes I'd do it in a heartbeat especially if I knewkeeping EB and Magz wasn't a viable option.

LO for RJ?
I dont know about that trade. I wouldnt want it to happen. I know that RJ is good and all, but I feel Odom fits more into the line-up. Lakers should package adeal including Vlad Rad, Luke, Sasha, and mihm.Get rid of those bums.

Sasha wanting the the mid level exception............? Comon man we can sign a MUCH better PG/SG than you.

Im predicting arenas to Clippers. DJ Austine or Eric Gordon in the draft (id prefer DJ). Magette opts out and leaves even though i dont want him to.
Clippers starting five next season. If we make the right moves and offers and stay healthy we can possibly have this....

PG - DJ Austine or Eric Gordon
SG - Agent Zero
SF - Al "THE BEAST" Thorton
PF - EB
C - Kaman

Bench

Tim Wack $+% needs to be traded Thomas
Brevin Knight
Cuttino Mobley
Paul Davis
Josh Powell (kid can play)
Marcus William
Shaun Livingston (gotta root for him because of the way he got hurt)
^^ but if he cant go use that money towards making agent zero an offer. bring agent zero home Sterling!!!

The Pistons are in ongoing trade discussions with the Denver Nuggets with two All-Stars as the potential centerpieces, a team source told the Free Press on Saturday. The Nuggets want to bring point guard Chauncey Billups back to his hometown. And the Pistons want to make good on their botched 2003 draft and bring high-scoring forward Carmelo Anthony to Detroit, the person confirmed. Detroit Free Press

But while talks are ongoing, at this point, the Nuggets are reluctant to include Carmelo Anthony in any proposal. The team source said the sides are "not even close" right now. It's unclear what it might take to pry him away. Detroit Free Press

ESPN.com reported, without citing a source, that the Pistons recently offered Billups and Tayshaun Prince for Anthony, but the Nuggets weren't interested. Denver countered with an offer of Allen Iverson or a package with Marcus Camby, but the Pistons are only interested in Anthony. Detroit Free Press

There are continued reports out of Arizona that the Suns are shopping Mike D'Antoni favorite Leandro Barbosa to the Knicks as part of a draft-night deal. The problem is, Barbosa's contract extends past 2010, and the Knicks are trying to slide under the cap. NY Post

With the deadline looming to opt out of the final year of his contract, Shawn Marion and the Miami Heat plan to resume negotiations this weekend on a possible extension. And that is just one issue Heat president Pat Riley is juggling as the team prepares for a hectic few days leading to the NBA Draft on Thursday. Miami Herald

Marion is believed to be seeking at least a three-year deal, with an average salary between $13 million and $15 million a season. The Heat likely would prefer Marion to opt out and agree to a new contract that would average about $10 million a season. Miami Herald

The Nuggets can try to extend Iverson's contract this summer. If that doesn't happen, Iverson will become a free agent in July of 2009. Iverson has routinely said he wants to end his career in Denver. If the Nuggets indeed extend his contract, it's possible he would make less money per season than he currently makes - but he would be locked in for more seasons. Denver Post

Mitch Kupchak, the Lakers' general manager, indicated he would rather keep his team intact for next season - getting healthy, re-signing restricted free agents Sasha Vujacic and Ronny Turiaf and probably letting his mid-level salary-cap exception go unspent in free agency for budgetary reasons. "If we did nothing," Kupchak said, "and brought back the players that are our existing free agents, just by virtue of this team aging one more year and getting Trevor (Ariza) and Andrew back, I think we're right back in the hunt." Orange County Register

Managing the future payroll is another reason the Lakers might be more inclined to let Lamar Odom play out the remaining $14.3 million on his expiring contract in a prove-yourself season rather than trade him for another high-salary player with a longer contract such as New Jersey small forward Richard Jefferson. Orange County Register

When Odom met with Kupchak and Lakers coach Phil Jackson on Friday in their standard season-ending conference, the first thing spoken in that room was an apology from Kupchak to Odom for a local newspaper column suggesting Odom would be shopped this summer. "We haven't even had those discussions," Kupchak said later. "How would anybody know what we're thinking of doing?" Orange County Register

It's even conceivable that Jackson - who concerns himself far more with having his best players on the floor at the end of games than the beginning - would start Trevor Ariza, Luke Walton or Vladimir Radmanovic at small forward and move Odom to the bench. From there, Odom could work more with the Jordan Farmar-led second unit that plays the up-tempo game Jackson believes suits Odom best. Orange County Register

The Lakers plan to wait to see how Bynum looks late in the summer before opening negotiations on a long-term contract extension. Orange County Register

Kupchak said the Lakers would try to re-sign restricted free agents Sasha Vujacic and Ronny Turiaf, who could begin soliciting offers July 1. He also referred to the last nine months as "truly a magical season," words he also used when addressing players in the locker room immediately after the Game 6 loss to the Boston Celtics. LA Times

Along those lines, Kupchak hinted that the team would look internally for off-season signings. The Lakers currently have a payroll of about $72 million and will pay an extra sum of about $4 million in luxury taxes for being that much over the tax threshold. Because they are well over the salary cap, the main free-agent tool at their disposal is the mid-level exception, with which they can sign a player for up to five years and about $30 million. The exception may also be split up and used among two players. LA Times

"I thought [Vujacic] had an excellent season," Kupchak said. "We intend to bring him back. We intend to bring back Ronny too. Ronny brings to the table skills and energy levels that we don't have with other players, so he's not really a duplication of something we already have." LA Times

The Lakers will not be going after any big-name free agents, Kupchak said. LA Times

Bynum is under contract for next season, but he and the Lakers can agree to a five-year extension beyond that for up to about $80 million until Oct. 31. If the sides have not reached agreement by then, Bynum becomes a restricted free agent after next season, with the Lakers able to match any offer sheet he signs. LA Times

Meanwhile, Jackson and Kupchak said they were intrigued by the possibility of a frontcourt with Bynum, Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom. "It could be the longest and the biggest frontcourt in the NBA in many, many years," Kupchak said. LA Times

The rumors about Lamar Odom already have started, and on Friday Kupchak rebuked reporters for writing that Odom could be traded in the offseason. Odom, who has an expiring contract that will pay him $14.1 million next season, said, "This is where I want to end my career, as a Laker." He would like an extension, but the Lakers may not be willing to offer one. If they do, it might not be for more than five years and $50 million. Press-Enterprise

Phil Jackson said the "real issue" is moving Odom to small forward when Bynum returns to play center and Pau Gasol moves to power forward. One scenario could have Odom with Derek Fisher in the backcourt as the facilitator -- a role he has played the past three seasons -- and Kobe Bryant on the wing as the small forward. Press-Enterprise

Now that Vujacic is a restricted free agent, here's the advice Bryant said he'd give his young disciple. ``With Shi-shi (Sasha). He should do what's obviously best for himself and his family. Obviously as a big brother, that's the best advice I could give him,'' Bryant said. ``I would love to keep him around for selfish reasons, because of his defense, his passion, and his shooting was obviously something that was invaluable to us this year. So for my own selfish reasons, I would love to keep him here, but as a big brother, he has to do what's best for him and his family.'' LA Daily News

There is talk new Bucks GM John Hammond will make shooting guard Michael Redd available in trade talks. Two years ago, the Cavs made an attempt to sign the Ohio State product in free agency. News Herald

The Bucks would likely ask for Gibson, as well as Varejao, in any such deal. Gibson can't be traded until at least July 1 and Varejao can't be traded up until Dec. 5 unless he gives his consent. News Herald

The Toronto Raptors have also shopped diminutive point guard T.J. Ford. Sources say the Cavs are lukewarm about acquiring him. Brown likes big guards, and Ford checks in at 6-0, 165. News Herald

Another player who could become available is Golden State guard Baron Davis. He has an option on his 2008-09 contract worth $17.8 million. He has until June 30 to decide, but he's not expected to opt out. News Herald

why on earth would the nuggets deny that trade?

judging by the title, i came in thinking the pistons shot it down

the nuggets wont win with ai and melo unless ai becomes a point guard (which wont happen untill he slows down (which may never happen)) and the team grasps themost simplest defensive concepts

the pistons would be great with

stuck
rip
melo
maxiell
sheed

i saw on espnews last night that the nuggets are gonna have a meeting with melo to discuss trades

hopefully that would give new life to this deal

Originally Posted by Girl thats Jules

detroit is stupid if they make any changes

they realistically got the 2nd best team in the league (they had the 2nd best record in the league this year)

they just need to beat boston

cuz im sure this year they could have beat anbody from the west in a seven game series (lakers,spurs,jazz,,hornets,suns,whoever)

the older vets on their team (sheed billups mcdyess) still got a coupla years left

rip and prince are in their prime

and maxiel and stucky are young and could be stars

all they might wanna do is add a good veteran like they did ratliff this year or just keep him (i dont know what kinda contract he has)

i think they are a great coach away from a chamionship

that's what they said when they lost to the cavs the year before. the team needs a dominant go-to scorer. they couldn't do anything last yrwatching lebron take over and pierce this year. everything else is fine, but they need that go-to scorer and dumars understand that.

Back
Top Bottom