Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

^ Because immediately before the Olympics, Garnett heard that the boat they were staying on was going to be bombed. Bibby and Ray Allen were already leery of going, so that was enough to keep them from going. Once word got around that Garnett, Allen, and Bibby were staying home, others followed suit, beginning with T-Mac.

I think Kidd was having the court deal from hitting his wife, wasn't he?

And I think Vince got injured.

Duncan, Iverson, and Jefferson honored their commitment, but Larry Brown is absolutely right for saying that 9/11 played a hand, because terrorist threats were still fresh in people's minds.

He's wrong in saying that was the problem, though. There were a number of prblems; none of them are 'the one problem.'

Real injury or fake injury?
nerd.gif

Just checking.
laugh.gif

MIAMI CEREMONY

Next up for Wade is rest, relaxation and partying before the Heat opens training camp on Sept. 27. Among the first stops on that celebration tour will be atAmericanAirlines Arena on Thursday when the Heat unveils a banner to honor Wade. It will hang in the rafters alongside the team's 2006 championshipbanner.

One of Wade's best Beijing highlights came when he scored 21 of his game-high 27 points in the first half of the gold-medal game. It was a fitting endto a rewarding run - one in which Wade said he has answered at least some of his critics.

"It was scripted perfect," he said. "Because of all of the things that were said all of the questions marks of if I was even going to makethe team. I became a bigger part of it. That's what made it even sweeter."

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

Originally Posted by acidicality

Baron's a nice PG, but with Deron and CP3 being on the team, sorry Baron but there isn't space for you.

Baron>Deron

ALL DAY!

Plus, he'll be only 33
smokin.gif

btw Ron Ron with his Rodman-esque jersey #
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
hilarious.

Originally Posted by eeibaby

[h2]http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a...gasol_cant_wait_to_start_camp_with_grizzlies/[/h2]
[h2]Marc Gasol Can't Wait To Start Camp With Grizzlies[/h2]
Aug 25, 2008 9:11 PM EST

mem_40.gif
Marc Gasol had an impressive Olympic tournament and is looking forward to joining the Grizzlies.

"I'm going to relax for a little bit, and then I'll be in Memphis," said Gasol following Spain's loss to the United States. "I can't wait to get started."

"It feels good to have accomplished what we accomplished," he said, "but we were so close to winning the gold."

Via Commercial Appeal

Memphis Grizzlies

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback Buy Tickets

http://www.realgm.com/realgmtix.phtml?t=grizzlies

This guy thinks the NBA is going to be easy
laugh.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif
at DWill.

as for ron, since indiana, he's been choosing his numbers based on "qb," or queensbridge

the 9 was the q in sacremento, and the 3 was a capital b

Originally Posted by bigballer23

Originally Posted by eeibaby

[h2]http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a...gasol_cant_wait_to_start_camp_with_grizzlies/[/h2]
[h2]Marc Gasol Can't Wait To Start Camp With Grizzlies[/h2]
Aug 25, 2008 9:11 PM EST

mem_40.gif
Marc Gasol had an impressive Olympic tournament and is looking forward to joining the Grizzlies.

"I'm going to relax for a little bit, and then I'll be in Memphis," said Gasol following Spain's loss to the United States. "I can't wait to get started."

"It feels good to have accomplished what we accomplished," he said, "but we were so close to winning the gold."

the Full Story
Discuss Send Feedback Buy Tickets

http://www.realgm.com/realgmtix.phtml?t=grizzlies

This guy thinks the NBA is going to be easy
laugh.gif

roll.gif

It's not that he thinks the NBA will be easy, it's just he's excited to be able to play in the NBA, just like Rudy.

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

Originally Posted by acidicality

Baron's a nice PG, but with Deron and CP3 being on the team, sorry Baron but there isn't space for you.

Baron>Deron

ALL DAY!

Plus, he'll be only 33
smokin.gif

btw Ron Ron with his Rodman-esque jersey #
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

im willing to bet that if BD didnt play for the clippers you wouldnt be talking such trash. i %***! with BDiddy since his UCLA days and i wont even say craplike that.

laugh.gif
why does it suddenly say this thread is 50 pages longer than it wasthis afternoon?

EDIT: ok i guess NT is back to 20 posts per page. i had just gotten used to 25.

By the end of this week, Lakers guard Kobe Bryant is expected to decide when he will have surgery to repair the ligament damage in his right pinky finger. Bryant initially suffered the injury Feb. 5, in a game against the New Jersey Nets. Orange County Register

Lakers: The rotation could feature a good deal of mixing and matching, what with Bryant possibly moving to a forward spot and Odom dropping into the backcourt to play point forward. Gasol also could move from power forward to center as Bynum's backup, with Odom taking Gasol's spot. There are myriad combinations for Lakers coach Phil Jackson, who was somewhat limited last season after Bynum was injured in mid-January. Suffice to say, there figures to be a different starting five from the group that started at the end of the season and during the playoffs (Fisher, Bryant, Gasol, Odom and Radmanovic). LA Daily News

Tuesday updates revealed that Magloire was still waiting to hear back from the Heat after last week's workout. Wright continues to explore his options around the league. And I'm told MBenga, who worked out in Miami on Monday, has a minimum-level offer to return to the Lakers. But he hopes to get a somewhat sweeter offer from Miami and expects to hear from Riley and Co. as early as Wednesday. Miami Herald

The Heat, as it stands exactly one month before training camp opens, has more than $40 million of its 2008-09 salary cap committed to shooting guards (2s) and small forwards (3s). As a result, the team is left with what appears to be a carb-conscious approach at the most difficult spot on the court to fill. Mark Blount is 7 feet. But he's defensively-challenged, to say the least. Joel Anthony is on the come. But the raw, 6-9 shot-blocker still has quite a ways to go to be the reliable inside presence the Heat needs in the middle. Miami Herald

So on Thursday, another banner goes to the rafters at AmericanAirlines Arena, this time commemorating Dwyane Wade's Beijing Olympic gold.(what a joke)! No issue there. But only if Alonzo Mourning and Tim Hardaway also get their Olympic nods for returning to the Heat in 2000 with Sydney gold. Still, for the amount of banners at the east side of the arena, one would think these are the Celtics, instead of a team with a mere 20-year history and a solitary NBA title. South Florida Sun-Sentinel

While the Griz were courting Smith they also had trade discussions regarding New York Knicks power forward Zach Randolph. Those discussions - mostly internal - are still ongoing as Randolph has been made available. Memphis Flyer

The Griz are willing to part with Darko Milicic (last year's big free agent signing) in a package that wouldn't require a core player (OJ Mayo, Rudy Gay, Mike Conley, etc). What the brain trust seems to be debating is whether Randolph fits the Grizzlies' style on and off the court. Memphis Flyer

The Trail Blazers want a point guard and are willing to part with Travis Outlaw (Starkville native) to get a floor general from the Griz. It's probably more likely that the Blazers would want Conley - and not Kyle Lowry - in this scenario because Conley is the purest point guard in the bunch and Portland could pull off a reunion with former teammate Greg Oden. Memphis Flyer

If that's the case, the Griz would need more than Outlaw in return. But I don't believe trading Conley is a wise move. Trading Conley would put the Griz back at square one, again searching for a dynamic point guard to compensate for the loss of the GOOD Jason Williams. Memphis Flyer

We discussed this scenario not too long ago and apparently it is something that has remained on the minds of the Grizzlies braintrust. According to Grizzlies beat man Ronald Tillery's blog, there continues to be some internal discussions about whether or not Zach Randolph could be a good fit in Memphis. The Grizzlies have some cap space to take on Z-Bo's contract but they won't take it for nothing. They also won't give up any of their coveted pieces for him, so forget OJ Mayo et al. Kyle Lowry? That's where I'd start if I were Donnie. NY Newsday

Foster and Jamaal Tinsley are the only holdovers from the 61-win team of 2003-04, and Tinsley isn't expected back. Indianapolis Star

Despite accomplished play, Singletary heard his size, shot and ability to run a team questioned at draft time. He expected to be picked higher, prompting him to leave home on draft night before Sacramento took him 42nd (the Kings later sent him to Houston in the Ron Artest deal). After carrying the scoring load for an average Virginia team this year, Singletary focused on playmaking at Pre-Draft Camp and posted an assist-to-turnover ration of 5 to 1. Arizona Republic

Singletary likely will hold on to the Suns' 13th and presumably final roster spot. It would be a surprise if he cracked the rotation, but he is eager to get to work. Arizona Republic

Kevin Duckworth, a former Portland Trail Blazers center who had a feathery touch from the paint, died Monday night.(R.I.P.) He was 44. Duckworth, part of a Trail Blazers goodwill tour, was scheduled to hold a basketball clinic on the Oregon coast. The Depoe Bay Fire Department said it responded at about 10 p.m. Monday to a report of a man who was down and not breathing at Salishan Lodge in Gleneden Beach. AP/Seattle Times

The cause of death was to be determined by a medical examiner but the Lincoln County sheriff's office said there was no indication of foul play. "Within the world of basketball, within those Trail Blazers teams, he was a jokester," said Phoenix Suns coach Terry Porter, who was Duckworth's teammate. "He was a big, loving teddy bear. At times, guys got frustrated because he didn't have a mean streak. "He was just a great guy. He loved the team atmosphere, loved being a teammate in those successful Blazer teams." AP/Seattle Times

Former NBA player Wayman Tisdale had part of his right leg amputated Monday because of bone cancer.(Damn) Tisdale, 44, revealed on his Web site that the surgery was scheduled for Monday. His wife, Regina, told The Associated Press on Tuesday night the surgery had taken place as planned. "Everything went well," she said. AP/Seattle Times

Former NBA star and Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) supporter Charles Barkely was in Denver Tuesday attending the Democratic National Convention. Barkely says that Obama is a friend of his and the highlight for him will be Obama's speech on Thursday. "I've never been to a convention before and this is awesome," said Barkley. 9 News

[h2]Grizzlies Looking To Make AMove?[/h2]
Milicic_Darko_mem_080220.jpg

Aug 26, 2008 11:43 PM EST

mem_40.gif
The Grizzliesare reportedly looking to make a move of some kind after missing out on free agent forward Josh Smith earlier this offseason, according to MemphisEdge.

They reportedly have had trade discussions with the Knicks involving Zach Randolph, and the talks still ongoing.

Memphis is willing to part with Darko Milicic in a package that wouldn't include either Rudy Gay, Mike Conley, or O.J.Mayo.

The Blazers are also looking for a point guard, and could offer Travis Outlaw in a deal with the Grizzlies.

Via Memphis Edge

Memphis Grizzlies,New York Knicks, Portland Trail Blazers

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback BuyTickets

[h2]Trade Will Save Phoenix$540k[/h2]
Aug 26, 2008 11:58 AM EST

phx_40.gif
Monday'strade in which Phoenix sent D.J. Strawberry to Houston for Sean Singletary will save the Suns about $540,000, including projected luxury-taxsavings.

Strawberry was due to make $711,517, assuming he made the Phoenix roster while Singletary will make the rookie minimum of $442,114.Singletary's deal is partially guaranteed but will be fully guaranteed if he is on the Suns' opening-night roster, which the team expects him tobe.

Via Arizona Republic

Phoenix Suns, Houston Rockets

[h2]Adelman On Duckworth:'It's A Tragedy'[/h2]
Aug 27, 2008 7:14 AM EST

por_40.gif
Rick Adelman,the current coach of the Rockets who worked with Kevin Duckworth in Portland, reflected on the death of the center on Wednesday morning, according to PortlandTribune.

"It's a sad day for anyone who knew Kevin, just because of the type of person he was," said Adelman. "When someonethat genuine, with such an honest personality, leaves us so early, it's a tragedy."

Adelman believes that Duckworth was an underrated player.

"I don't think people realize how good he was," Adelman said. "He was a perfect fit for our team. Any success youhave as a coach is directly related to the players, and (by 1988), Kevin, Terry (Porter) and Jerome (Kersey) just exploded from being serviceable to very goodplayers in the NBA."

The coach claims that he'll miss Duckworth the person more than anything else.

"He was so likeable," the coach said. "You say that about people, but it was really true with him. Nobody dislikedDuck. He was very sensitive, but he would do anything for you. People loved the guy."

Via Portland Tribune

Portland Trail Blazers

[h2]Foster Expects Better DaysFor Pacers[/h2]
Aug 27, 2008 7:08 AM EST

ind_40.gif
Pacers'center Jeff Foster believes that better days are ahead for the Pacers, who have missed the playoffs in each of the last two seasons, according to IndianapolisStar.

"Obviously, things haven't gone the way many people expected since the brawl and Reggie (Miller) retired," Foster said."You would see that by how we played and the lack of support we got from fans."

Indiana made the postseason in each of Foster's first seven seasons, and he is the second-oldest player on the team'sroster.

"It was tough because Jermaine really didn't want to be here the last couple of years," Foster said about the six-timeall-star that was sent to Toronto in June. "It was tough to become a team when your best player did not want to be on the team."

Pacer's President Larry Bird values having a guy like Foster on his roster.

"He's a glue guy to your team," Bird said. ". . . He's going to come in here and give you everything he'sgot."

Via Indianapolis Star

Indiana Pacers

[h2]P.J. Brown Could Return ToCeltics[/h2]
Aug 26, 2008 11:46 PM EST

bos_40.gif
P.J. Brownhasn't ruled out returning to the Celtics next season, according to Celtics Blog.

However, the belief is that he'd join the team midseason once again, like he did during the 2007-08 season.

Brown averaged 2.2 and 3.8 rebounds in eighteen games for Boston during the second half of last season.

Via Celtics Blog

Boston Celtics

[h2]Tisdale Loses Part Of Leg ToCancer[/h2]
Aug 26, 2008 11:38 PM EST

nba_40.gif
Former NBAplayer Wayman Tisdale has had part of his right leg amputated due to bone cancer, according to Associated Press.

Tisdale, who is 44-years-old, revealed on his web site that the surgery was scheduled for Monday, and his wife Regina said afterwardsthat everything went well.

He played for the Pacers, Kings, and Suns during his 12-year NBA career.

"This may sound drastic, but I have put it in God's hands and now have peace, knowing that this is the best way to put thisdisease in check," Tisdale said. "I have complete faith that with the Lord's blessings this surgery will eliminate the cancer from my body, andI'll soon be back on the road doing what I do best."

Via ESPN

General Basketball

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback

[h2]Celebration To HonorWade Thursday In Miami[/h2]
Aug 26, 2008 3:13 PM EST

mia_40.gif
The Heat willhonor gold-medal-winning guard Dwyane Wade with a public ceremony on Thursday at AmericanAirlines Arena, according to South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

An Olympics/Wade banner will be unveiled alongside the team's division and championship banners.

Wade will become the third player to have his name raised to the rafters, with the Heat having hoisted the jerseys of former MiamiDolphins' quarterback Dan Marino and NBA legend Michael Jordan in the past.

Via The South Florida Sun-Sentinel

Miami Heat

[h2]Ginobili Doesn'tRegret Playing In Olympics[/h2]
Aug 26, 2008 3:02 PM EST

san_40.gif
Spurs'guard Manu Ginobili doesn't regret opting to play for Argentina during the Olympics on a bum ankle, according to San Antonio Express News.

"I'm so proud, so happy to represent our country the way we did it, in accomplishing the big goal, which was to get to thepodium," Ginobili said. "They said that for us, it would be once in a lifetime. For us, it was two times in a lifetime, so we are veryhappy."

The Spurs plan to re-evaluate the status of Ginobili's ankle this week, but his first priority is already to get somerest.

Via The San Antonio Express News

San Antonio Spurs

[h2]Orlando Going WithPinstripes?[/h2]
Aug 26, 2008 11:35 AM EST

orl_40.gif
The OrlandoMagic will unveil a revamped uniform design on September 23rd, and it is believed that they will resemble the franchise's early uniforms.

A Getty Images picture that leaked out of the NBA's rookie symposium in July showed a blue Magic uniform that featuredwide-paneled pinstripes on the jerseys.

Via Florida Today

Orlando Magic

[h2]Boston Signs J.R.Giddens[/h2]
Aug 26, 2008 11:28 AM EST

bos_40.gif
The BostonCeltics announced today that they have signed 2008 first round draft pick J.R. Giddens. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed. Giddens, a6'5, 215 pound guard from the University of New Mexico was selected with the 30th overall pick. He is the first player from the University of New Mexico tohave been drafted by the Celtics.

Via Press Release

Boston Celtics

[h2]LeBron:Gold Medal Win Bigger Than An NBA Championship[/h2]
Aug 26, 2008 11:22 AM EST

cle_40.gif
LeBron Jameswas a key reason why Team USA won the gold and that it is the pinnacle of team achievement for the superstar.

"It's the biggest thing for me ever," said James. "I got to the NBA Finals, and I thought it was pretty big for me.But winning an NBA championship never would compare to winning a gold medal for my country."

Via Arizona Republic

Cleveland Cavaliers

Read the Full Story Discuss Send FeedbackBuy Tickets

[h2]Former Blazer KevinDuckworth Dead At 44[/h2]
Aug 26, 2008 11:19 AM EST

por_40.gif
KevinDuckworth, a longtime member of the Blazers, died in the town of Kernville, Oregon on Monday.

"Today is an extremely sad day for the Trail Blazers family," said Larry Miller, the Trail Blazers' president."Kevin will be remembered by fans as one of the most popular and recognizable players to ever wear the Blazers uniform, but to people who knew him,he'll be remembered as one of the warmest and biggest-hearted."

Duckworth, who played 11 NBA seasons, was 44-years-old.

Via KPTV

Portland Trail Blazers

a coupl eof things. wha the hel are the Lakers doing.??? Gasol to the bench? Odom to the 2? not happeneing.

lol @ Mepmphis. They are gonna stink next year.

Back
Top Bottom