skyfire brings FLASH VIDEOS to android phones!...vol hey steve jobs, stop suckin!

pimp.gif

i put this on my nexus one...psssh, now forbezdvd, worldstarhiphop, and vladTV are in effect
pimp.gif
:pimp:hat:pimp:

Can I get a description of the video? I can't see it from my work pc.

Skyfire browser now available in the Android Market I assume?

Originally Posted by Classy Freshman

Can I get a description of the video? I can't see it from my work pc.

Skyfire browser now available in the Android Market I assume?

correct.

Skyfire 2.0 for Android launching today

* 33 Comments
* Share52

by Greg Kumparak on April 29, 2010

Back in February, Skyfire (makers of the popular, Flash-enabled smartphone browser of the same name) announced that they’d snatched up Kolbysoft, the company behind the well-established Steel browser for Android. Today, we’re seeing the first fruits of that purchase coming to the market: Skyfire for Android is here.

Skyfire’s flagship feature is that it supports Flash video playback, so you’d expect their Android port to do the same, right? And it does! It just does it… a bit differently.

In past versions of Skyfire, Flash videos were embedded and played back directly within the page, just like you might expect from a PC version of the page. With Skyfire 2.0, one more step is thrown into the mix: the “Skybar

I like how they use ESPN and Facebook... both support HTML 5 or are compatible for iPhone OS. Now the cloud computing, thats a nice touch.

I've got a feeling this is pretty important, but I'm not really a "tech" person. I've got a Droid so I'm assuming this will improve it greatly.

Ehhh, it still looks like a mobile version of Flash. Is there a video of one of these Droid phones running Hulu on there? IMO that's the epitome of being Flash supported, I don't care about YouTube or ESPN clips the cuz the iPhone does the same thing just not within Safari itself.

Basically, until a phone runs Flash the exact same way I can see it on a computer and not a mobile version then I ain't all that impressed.

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Ehhh, it still looks like a mobile version of Flash. Is there a video of one of these Droid phones running Hulu on there? IMO that's the epitome of being Flash supported, I don't care about YouTube or ESPN clips the cuz the iPhone does the same thing just not within Safari itself.

Basically, until a phone runs Flash the exact same way I can see it on a computer and not a mobile version then I ain't all that impressed.

worldstar works on it...thats something phones just couldn't do before....big Win if u ask me.

Someone try Hulu...if Hulu works then I'll download it....can't have my phone during work

I wanted the N1 to come to Sprint. I guess I'll be waiting for the Supersonic then.

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

I wanted the N1 to come to Sprint. I guess I'll be waiting for the Supersonic then.

yeah don't worry about da nexus one....i got it cuz its da best android phone for t-mobile, but sprint is gonna have da evo4G

so i can dl this on my htc hero and those videos with the wit box n F in it will play now?

Adobe Flash 10.1 comes out in June for android devices. Hulu and every other flash based video site will be working.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

worldstar works on it...thats something phones just couldn't do before....big Win if u ask me.
Skyfire has been on WM for a while now. And FireFox mobile for the n900 had flash. FFM should be available for Android soon.
Skyfire needs tabs though.

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Skyfire has been on WM for a while now. And FireFox mobile for the n900 had flash. FFM should be available for Android soon.
Skyfire needs tabs though.

its got tabs, check da video.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Just downloaded it on my Hero and it's
pimp.gif

Went to a few sites (WSHH, YouTube, etc) and it does what it says it does. I'll play around with it more when I get home

Back
Top Bottom