Slumdog Millionaire vs. City of God...

i may be the only one who feels this way, but the two movies were VERY similar to me.

kids grow up in the slums and somehow "make" it. one kid takes the straight path, the other turns to drugs and violence.

which one did you like better?

I liked City of God better.

Does Slumdog Millionaire have subtitles too?

That's why I never watched City of God. SMH at me.

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

playin yaself

not as much as city of god...but there are moments when subtitles are used.

I love love love love love love love movies.

But I can't do subtitles. I wish I could.
frown.gif

frown.gif

i dont like em either but bro, you will not regret watching city of god...subtitles or not, i promise you. it might be hard for you but just fight through it,its a top 5 movie... top 5 as in OF ALL TIME. (imo...so dont flame).

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

frown.gif

i dont like em either but bro, you will not regret watching city of god...subtitles or not, i promise you. it might be hard for you but just fight through it, its a top 5 movie... top 5 as in OF ALL TIME. (imo...so dont flame).

Agreed, word for word.

Ive yet to see Slumdog Millionare (and i do plan on watching it soon) but City of God was brilliant

City of God is a way better movie.

Slumdog Millionaire was very good but, dare I say......a little overrated?

frown.gif

same reason why i slept hard on city of god...it was WELL worth it in the end man...

if you dont watch it you will regret it for the rest of your life.

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

City of God is a way better movie.

Slumdog Millionaire was very good but, dare I say......a little overrated?

Nope, I'm gonna agree. It's not the "omg you gotta see this" type of movie. God damn Latika was fine though.

When I first saw Slumdog Millionaire, my mind was blown, but I also went in expecting a really horrible film. I did, however, watch it a second time and it wasno where near as impressive. Regardless, it definitely deserved going 4/4 at the Golden Globes, and I would love to see it take an Academy Award for bestpicture.

Slumdog was great....but come on it aint seeing City of God...

And if you struggle with subtitles all I can say is wow.

Okay, someone has to say it..

Slumdog Millionaire was a good movie but not at all worth all the hype everyone is giving it. The acting was terrible, the little kids outshined everyone inthis movie and it was very predictable. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button not winning any awards compared to this is a sham.

Danny Boyle however did do a great job directing it and deserved the Best Director award at the Globes. Best Picture? Long shot.

Cannot argue the fact that Freida Pinto is foineee.

I loved this movie and have watched it three times. The Freida Pinto is the most beautiful women I have ever seen.

eek.gif
nice comparisons to city of god...if it's anything like that, i'm definitely gonna have to check this movie out
pimp.gif

City of God was much better. And slumdog does have some subtitles, but you could understand whats going on without reading them ha?

Slumdog ain't touching City of God. I liked the movie though and Danny Boyle's style of cinematography is
pimp.gif

I can't believe this guy went from 28 Days Later to this.
laugh.gif
eek.gif

But yeah, Lakita is
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
she reminded me of an Indian Cassie.
laugh.gif

Never seen SDM.
Im bias on it though cause im from Brazil and stuff........

I know I'll probably get flamed to death, but I think City of God was boring. I think people only like that movie because Ze was gangsta as hell.

Back
Top Bottom