SMART Gilas Pilipinas Nat'l Team Program

so that's the reason why he's so quite a few seconds before end of game and after the buzzer.

getting the chance to play in Olympic qualifiers could have been a good exposure and experience knowing they'll play againts powerhouse teams around the globe.

still..being 4th is something we haven't acheive for a long time, means we only have a few things to work on.

i remember way back(during paras-caidic era) we used to be always 2nd behind china. Koreans tremble whenever caidic is playing. I hope we can regain that presence in future tournaments.

^i think thats during the 1990 bejing asian games... the last of our glory days as a basketball powerhouse in asia.

but i think were getting there and reclaiming the position of being one of the elite basketball countries here in asia.

^i totally agree swag. during the 90's though we ranked 2nd, china defeated us by a big margin(30+pts). now, we're only 15 pts behind.
def. a big improvement by the RP team.

Originally Posted by superswag

^i think thats during the 1990 bejing asian games... the last of our glory days as a basketball powerhouse in asia.

but i think were getting there and reclaiming the position of being one of the elite basketball countries here in asia.
IMO, we're already there. we placed 4th in a tournament that could've easily
gone differently. If you watch games, it's easy to see that we are top tier in Asia
already. Being 4th doesn't really tell the whole story and it doesn't really reflect
the growth GILAS showed.
happy.gif

Props to Tiu for playing damn well.

I'm glad we're slowly going back towards skill players like Tiu as opposed to being too wowed by relative athleticism.

^
this true bro? now that would basically give us the inside presence we need.
we MIGHT beat China or at least we'll have a good shot in doing so.

Originally Posted by Gameover2

Javale McGee is a prime candidate to be our next naturalized player.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

hope this pushes through and Pierre accepts it. Sh!+$ gonna be cray!!!

quoted for truth sir

wow pierre, our naturalized player! that would be awesome
smile.gif

An offer has been made. Basically up to Javale if he wants to accept. Very convenient provisions that benefit him and will not get in the way of his NBA career.

Originally Posted by Gameover2

An offer has been made. Basically up to Javale if he wants to accept. Very convenient provisions that benefit him and will not get in the way of his NBA career.

Thanks for the update... I hope he accepts!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by manilaboyxix

^He was one of the final cuts on the last US team.

yeah, and after Dwight, there's no more Legit big man for team USA. I hope he accepts it, with him, Douthit and Greg, the future is looking good for Gilas. woohooo. in MVP we trust!

^I remember reading an article before that Nate doesn't have Filipino blood, but he grew up in a community with lots of Filipino's it's really hard to say that DMC is. I just hope they continue and even enhance Toroman's system. We might not have reach the ultimate goal but we are on the right track.

Back
Top Bottom