SMFH Paypal

Originally Posted by Aquatic Barefoot

What paypal alternatives have you guys used or heard of?

Money order. It's the next best thing to cash but people don't like doing money order because it's not as convenient as paypal since you have to go out of your way to the bank or the post office.

i always thought that if you sent to their confirmed address with signature confirmation, you'd be protected.

either they file with their cc and paypal takes the L but i don't see how the seller would end up losing.

in your case, i hope you get it back. but it seems like paypal has changed. selling was never this hard, smh.

if we're still liable when we ship to confirmed addresses AND use signature confirmation then i'm good. no more paypal for me.

This is why I try not to mess with ebay at all anymore... dont want to have to deal with paypal. its much simpler to just bring my stuff to a consignment store such as flightclub or eastwest. I rather lose the 20% (which you basically lose through ebay and paypal fees anyway) than deal with unneeded b.s.

When you sell shoes you gotta get in with the guy. Get his phone number, address (of course), and do everything possible to avoid getting scammed. I know that's hard on ebay but for those talking about selling/buying shoes on here

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Money order. It's the next best thing to cash but people don't like doing money order because it's not as convenient as paypal since you have to go out of your way to the bank or the post office.
for me, the problem with M/O is that it prolongs the transaction time and leaves little to no protection as the buyer

If OP shipped to an UNCONFIRMED address with signature required then that is why the chargeback happened. More than likely someones credit card was used fradulently and the seller shipped to an address that wasn't the billing address of the credit card.

If OP shipped to a CONFIRMED address with signature required and this still happened then I really don't know what the cause of it is. I mean if the address is confirmed in paypal then more than likely it is the same address as the billing address of the credit card therefore throwing out the notion that it's an unauthorized charge.

Bottomline is... Don't ship to UNCONFIRMED ADDRESSES. period. If you ever receive a payment from a NON VERIFIED-UNCONFIRMED ADDRESS then just save yourself the headache and refund the payment. Plain and simple. 

It sucks both ways, sending a payment as a gift is way too risky with someone you don't trust.

I actually had a similar situation with Paypal. Buyer claimed that I hid certain angles of the item (I took huge pics + detailed). Paypal sided with the buyer of course.

What Paypal did:

EBAY emailed me saying that the funds will be given to the buyer as soon as they see that I have received the item back through a tracking #. Surprisingly, I saw the funds on my account a week later so I immediately withdrew it from my Paypal. EBAY then proceeded to give $ to the buyer and so now EBAY is asking me to pay them.

Now I'm confused because A. They held the funds and eventually gave it back to me B. I still don't have the shoes in my hands, so why the hell should I pay EBAY at this point? It's been a while and I don't believe it's coming.

Seems to me that the buyer is trying to pull a fast one on me and EBAY. I'm tempted to close my PP and EBAY now so they can't chase me for anything.

for me, the problem with M/O is that it prolongs the transaction time and leaves little to no protection as the buyer

+ you can't sell on EBAY without having a PP anymore. You also can't do MOs.

+ you can't sell on EBAY without having a PP anymore. You also can't do MOs.

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
CROOKS I TELLS YA STRAIGHT UP CROOKS

Originally Posted by MILLION DOLLAR STACKS

dang bruh thats why you send an INVOICE always send and invoice stating no refunds and you are not responsible for the package once the postal system has it. Once i sell my kicks im closing my account down and deleting my bank account from paypal.

i hate paypal bruh, they ALWAYS side with the buyer and the credit card company, I provided ample amount of proof this guy hit me up and ask me to buy MY shoes pics and all. He still won the claim pisses me off badly.
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
in fact i should put his address up here so we can troll his crib. In fact i'll BRB.3

Send 800 pizzas to this +@++!$! house his email is petermui94@hotmail.com
Peter Mui
3129 Wissman AvenueIll pay him a visit,what did he takeI know that area well. What did he take from u?
Bronx, NY 10465.

laugh.gif
pimp.gif
yes im mad scrawny %@%@$+ got the shoes from me and filed a chargeback claiming and unauthorized transaction bruh.

Originally Posted by kiendienn

A GREAT ALT TO PAYPAL IS GOOGLE CHECKOUT

dang bruh thats why you send an INVOICE always send and invoice stating no refunds and you are not responsible for the package once the postal system has it. Once i sell my kicks im closing my account down and deleting my bank account from paypal.

i hate paypal bruh, they ALWAYS side with the buyer and the credit card company, I provided ample amount of proof this guy hit me up and ask me to buy MY shoes pics and all. He still won the claim pisses me off badly.
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
in fact i should put his address up here so we can troll his crib. In fact i'll BRB.3

Peter Mui
3129 Wissman Avenue
Bronx, NY 10465.

laugh.gif
pimp.gif
yes im mad scrawny %@%@$+ got the shoes from me and filed a chargeback claiming and unauthorized transaction bruh.

im down to go pay him a visit when im in the city in the winter time. i know some people that live real close by him too.  it should be fun.

The problem with a money order is that your may as well save yourself the trouble of going to the post office, just send cash, and hope for the best.
Google checkout huh.

Anyone use this before?

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Peter Mui
3129 Wissman Avenue
Bronx, NY 10465.

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

im down to go pay him a visit when im in the city in the winter time. i know some people that live real close by him too.  it should be fun.
i know that area well so lmk. what did he take from u ?

SMH, shady people. thats why i get worried to sell high priced items to random people on the net.

pathetic
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by HoYiTsApNoYbOy

I thought it was easier for them to scam you if they send as gift? can someone explain?

with regular the buyer is protected by paypal and the seller is too as long as he ships to a confirmed address with Sig confirmation. With a gift, the buyer is protected by his credit card company and the seller isn't protected at all.

The problem with a money order is that your may as well save yourself the trouble of going to the post office, just send cash, and hope for the best.
Google checkout huh.

Anyone use this before?

Originally Posted by tim teufel

How does google checkout work and how protected are u

i have a GC account & it works & operates just like paypal & the fees are a bit cheaper... it also has buttons you can create(buy it now buttons) to lead you directly into your gc account for payment....

Originally Posted by ColdCity

Can you school me on it?
nerd.gif

have sent mo's and western union to a few nters that are stand up dudes.i rather send a mo as a buyer if i trust the seller because they wont have to wait to transfer money to their accounts and ship same day

Originally Posted by 703FlipFiend

And that's why I only stuck to money orders for the past 4 years of selling. I only signed up for PayPal last Friday... and even then, I only accept payments as gifts.

You can still get scammed that way too
laugh.gif
. A person can still pay via "gift" using a CC and file a chargeback through their company.

what are the penalties for not paying back a reverse charge through paypal? does it hurt ur credit? i have also been using the adult signature required format through usps wonder if that avoids being scammed by the little twerps under 21

Originally Posted by ohdannyboy

Originally Posted by ColdCity

Can you school me on it?
nerd.gif

you set it up just like paypal & it will deposit a small amount in your account & then you confirm the amount & your up & running.. the 1st payment you take they will wait 10 business days until transfering it to your bank account after that your in the clear & you can choose what day you want your money pushed to your bank

Back
Top Bottom