Smoke and it's effect on sneakers...

Should only leave a smell. I sold DMP on NT, and the dude said "Shoes look beautiful, but smell like 
pimp.gif
"

Got a pair of cool grey III's off ebay and I could tell the person was a heavy smoker. The shoes were use but looked DS but smelled like earthworms!

Got a pair of cool grey III's off ebay and I could tell the person was a heavy smoker. The shoes were use but looked DS but smelled like earthworms!

Originally Posted by kopNkicks

Originally Posted by stevesteve72

Smoke will turn your clear soles yellow and make your nubuck extra dusty......

No way, smoke does nothing but make them smell.

I smoked for years in my room with my shoes out on display and all my clear soles turned yellow quick and my nubuck kicksGot super dusty. Now i quit smoking a few years ago and keep all my shoes boxed and now almost all my clear soles and nubucks stay fresh. If you box your kicks after you wear them it shouldn't be a problem, but direct exposure to smoke definitely does damage. Just my 2 cents.
smoke will only make them smell. storage has more to do with yellowing...too much exposure to sunlight is bad for your shoes.

Originally Posted by stevesteve72

Smoke will turn your clear soles yellow and make your nubuck extra dusty......

No way, smoke does nothing but make them smell.

I smoked for years in my room with my shoes out on display and all my clear soles turned yellow quick and my nubuck kicksGot super dusty. Now i quit smoking a few years ago and keep all my shoes boxed and now almost all my clear soles and nubucks stay fresh. If you box your kicks after you wear them it shouldn't be a problem, but direct exposure to smoke definitely does damage. Just my 2 cents.
smoke will only make them smell. storage has more to do with yellowing...too much exposure to sunlight is bad for your shoes.

Originally Posted by BigEli500

I noticed that my Space Jam's 2010 (Deadstock), are yellowing around the blue on the bottom. A little part has a very piss yellow look. It's nothing bad, but if you flip the shoe you will notice on the one side. Is it the cheap material used on this shoe, or am I doing something wrong?
thats just natural. several shoes will do this on the shelves in stores even, so youre fine

I noticed that my Space Jam's 2010 (Deadstock), are yellowing around the blue on the bottom. A little part has a very piss yellow look. It's nothing bad, but if you flip the shoe you will notice on the one side. Is it the cheap material used on this shoe, or am I doing something wrong?
thats just natural. several shoes will do this on the shelves in stores even, so youre fine

Smoke will just stink up your shoes, that's about it.

Direct sunlight exposure will yellow your shoes quick.

Smoke will just stink up your shoes, that's about it.

Direct sunlight exposure will yellow your shoes quick.

Originally Posted by AJ27526

mine did the same thing thought it was smoke, but some NT's educated me and its normal bro

Originally Posted by AJ27526

mine did the same thing thought it was smoke, but some NT's educated me and its normal bro

Tobacco smoke is the worst, that is what really lingers. I have noticed that a few pairs of my 95's are affected a little bit more than the Jordans I have around the house now. However best bet is to seal them up somewhere safe!

Tobacco smoke is the worst, that is what really lingers. I have noticed that a few pairs of my 95's are affected a little bit more than the Jordans I have around the house now. However best bet is to seal them up somewhere safe!

nothing but the material dude. I had 2 pair, one of them DS never taken out of the box, when i sold them i opened them to find yellow soles...not bright yellow but they werent icy the way they should have been. I get that its normal but i mean...absolutely unworn, never seen the light of day in my posession?..nah thats horrible. but anywho smoke just makes your shoes smell bad and no1 wants that smell on their shoes( if you ever sell them)

nothing but the material dude. I had 2 pair, one of them DS never taken out of the box, when i sold them i opened them to find yellow soles...not bright yellow but they werent icy the way they should have been. I get that its normal but i mean...absolutely unworn, never seen the light of day in my posession?..nah thats horrible. but anywho smoke just makes your shoes smell bad and no1 wants that smell on their shoes( if you ever sell them)

Back
Top Bottom