Sneaker Collecting is dead and is a FAD

Im under 20 and im taking a break from Jays, smh at all you older cats thinking you had to see MJ play in his prime to love his shoes. Ive sold 40 pairs of Jays since the summer because jordans are the new in thing that i dont want to be apart of. Once the hype dies down i will return to rocking jays, but until then im good.

Originally Posted by Tipsy

Im under 20 and im taking a break from Jays, smh at all you older cats thinking you had to see MJ play in his prime to love his shoes. Ive sold 40 pairs of Jays since the summer because jordans are the new in thing that i dont want to be apart of. Once the hype dies down i will return to rocking jays, but until then im good.

You are exactly what we are talking about, you have NO LOVE for the game. You just a young punk tryna be cool and make a quick buck
mad.gif
...please never post again.

i'll quote my man Nas, with a few changes in the lyrics....

"Ain't got nothin' to do wit old school, new school
air jordans, lebrons, kobes
This about us, this our thing, 'knaw'sayin'?
This came from the gut, from the blood, from the soul
Right here man, this is our thing man
You know, so I say what I say
And I say what I say, and I mean it
Y'all take it how you wanna take it
Cause if you're askin' - Why is Sneaker game dead?
It's a pretty good chance you're the reason it died, man
It's a pretty good chance your lame *%+, corny *%+ , is the reason it died, man
You don't give a f**k about, you don't know nothin' about it
You want this paper, be a hustler

You a hustler, you ain't a sneaker head
Get your paper man
YouknowwhatI'msayin, but this sneaker sh** is real
B***h, this %!$# is real, b***h, ha-ha"

pimp.gif
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

I collect sneakers based off design,comfort,price and construction.Im a young adult and I just don't understand these lames I share a generation with dudes create false sneaker memories talking about I had this pair in my baby picture so I definitely need these .A generation full of straight cornballs and lames.All they do is stand in line and swap generic sneaker knowledge.They let Nike water down the Signature shoe line til the point Lebrons and Kobe's are the exact same shoes almost the exact same designs with no real difference .How do you buy 10 colors of the same shoe and lebron only wears like 3 colors of it.Nike is so boring now It's funny .Id rather buy new balance,Adidas,asics and reebok over Nike because quite frankly the gross hype you all have put on nike is disgusting all these young dudes buying because of walking Nike ads like Wale ,Fresh Prince,Instagram,Twitter or just plain embarrassing.It's so lame now it's not even funny I wish folks thought about why they copped kicks.

I grew up with .A.I ,Tmac,Kobe,Ray Allen,Tim Duncan,Yao Ming,Shaq,kg,lebron,melo .Mike is before a lot of yall time and y'all need to understand that.

How are the lebrons and kobes the exact same shoe? ones a high top and ones a low top. 
laugh.gif

I personally think that nike is not boring now. its the best the game has ever been IMO. Perfect mix of old(jordans, pennys/foams, NSW) and new (lebrons). Yes things are a bit oversaturated and these young kids are annoying, but not sure you could call it boring.

New Jack youngbucks are ALL posers.. Lil Wayne has his own shoe line with Supra... Get da steppin!

i agree with bence23.... nike is only gettin better..especially wit all these galaxies n !*%*

Originally Posted by MJ All Day45

You are exactly what we are talking about, you have NO LOVE for the game. You just a young punk tryna be cool and make a quick buck
mad.gif
Lol quick buck
roll.gif
?Ive been collecting shoes since 05, this aint no fad to me. I still have 30+ pairs of shoes i sold all of my JAYS not all of my shoes, you dudes act like there aren't any sneakers outside of jays. So its okay for you old people to take a break from Jays, but since we are young, we dont love it and are resellers...oh okay.And if i was a young punk trying to be cool dont you think i would still have all my jays,because you know that is the in thing now. You sound dumb. Basically its our fault because we weren't born in the 70's 
laugh.gif
 and you all are the originators and a new generation cant possibly love the shoes. Cant wait til yal old cats are in your 50s and 60s maybe this forum will be good like it used to be. I stay out of JB forum because i know its a fad now, and old cats all aways talking $%&#.

Taking a break and fire-selling your whole collection while the hype and prices are at their highest are not the same thing... I'd be salty when my break is over and I gotta go re-buy the 40 I sold.

mad.gif
Lol quick buck
roll.gif
?Ive been collecting shoes since 05, this aint no fad to me. I still have 30+ pairs of shoes i sold all of my JAYS not all of my shoes, you dudes act like there aren't any sneakers outside of jays. So its okay for you old people to take a break from Jays, but since we are young, we dont love it and are resellers...oh okay.And if i was a young punk trying to be cool dont you think i would still have all my jays,because you know that is the in thing now. You sound dumb. Basically its our fault because we weren't born in the 70's 
laugh.gif
 and you all are the originators and a new generation cant possibly love the shoes. Cant wait til yal old cats are in your 50s and 60s maybe this forum will be good like it used to be. I stay out of JB forum because i know its a fad now, and old cats all aways talking $%&#.
no its your fault you have ZERO respect for the culture and are a HYPEBEAST. you bought em to fit in and now are mad everyone else did the same and are selling them. no respect. no ties to the culture. please stop posting.

mad.gif
Lol quick buck
roll.gif
laugh.gif

i agree that it's not your fault when you were born, but many youngsters (not saying you) are in it because of hype and just to be cool and not really know much about the brands history let alone Jordans history. I've busted a few already. I really don't get when i see a 14 year old in line, especially a 14 year old female (not trying to be sexist) in line with her friends wearing some ugly 6 rings and talking about the white and black space jams (concords) and how they bought the black and red 15s that came out a week before the concord release (xiv)
roll.gif
 i just shake my head.

Even though a lot of the younger generation is now into Js, doesn't mean they don't truly like the shoes. Sure, the majority are just doing it to fit in however not all. On top of that, just because you saw MJ play in his prime does not mean you're more entitled to Js than the next person.

If you truly want a shoe, you'll get it for retail. So the "old heads" need to understand that this "game" has changed and either you adapt or move on.

Originally Posted by bence23

mad.gif
Lol quick buck
roll.gif
laugh.gif
no its your fault you have ZERO respect for the culture and are a HYPEBEAST. you bought em to fit in and now are mad everyone else did the same and are selling them. no respect. no ties to the culture. please stop posting.

you have 100 post talking about 'that's why i don't come in here" and you been collecting since o5?

3ab363881f49938a63ec3d2dfc7dcf1e86605782_r.gif

Secondly..I'm only 25. Lol..you in your own words said you don't like Jordans because everyone has them...you reek of buying shoes to 'impress". You have ZERO love for the shoes and what they represent, Jordan's or not...like we said...stop posting please.

<---ISS is that way

laff.gif
......all kinds of contradiction in this post.......

Even though I don't like what the sneaker culture has become thats not going to stop me from being involved in something that I really have passion for.

I remember being in high school and not being as fortunate as others to wear jordan's but I damn sure could tell the ones who had them what they were wearing even when they couldn't. So as I grew older and was able to get my money up its been a go from there.

Im not going to turn my back on it because I know its not dead and that the re-selling and the line ups will eventually pass with time. People really fail to realize how expensive this habit really is and when their money dries up there will be nothing left they can do except let things go back to the way they used to be.
Edit: And if means anything I'm 23 so its not like I'm an old head

Originally Posted by TheprinceofDE

Even though I don't like what the sneaker culture has become thats not going to stop me from being involved in something that I really have passion for.

I remember being in high school and not being as fortunate as others to wear jordan's but I damn sure could tell the ones who had them what they were wearing even when they couldn't. So as I grew older and was able to get my money up its been a go from there.

Im not going to turn my back on it because I know its not dead and that the re-selling and the line ups will eventually pass with time. People really fail to realize how expensive this habit really is and when their money dries up there will be nothing left they can do except let things go back to the way they used to be.

THIS...all of it

Originally Posted by TheprinceofDE

On point.

My mother actually would never buy me Jordan's growing up. I even asked her if I could work and buy the sneakers myself. She did not play! It never happened. 

I didn't get my first pair of Jordans until my senior year of high school, but I knew everything just about everything about Jordans, and I could identify real and fake pairs on peoples feet. I knew just about every model and color-way even if the people wearing them didn't know. People actually thought I had a bunch of Jordans, but they didn't know. When I finally got my first pair (It was actually the Toro Bravo V pack), I was never happier to get a pair of shoes.  Now that I'm in college, my mother doesn't care what I use my money on anymore, so I put some of it towards the Jordans that I really want.

Even though a lot of the younger generation is now into Js, doesn't mean they don't truly like the shoes. Sure, the majority are just doing it to fit in however not all. On top of that, just because you saw MJ play in his prime does not mean you're more entitled to Js than the next person.

Yes. Okay I respect the older generation, but great, you saw MJ in his prime. Do you want a cookie? I wish I saw MJ in his prime!!!

I vaguely remember him in his final series with the Jazz. 

I guess I can't like a shoe because it actually looks good. Good grief.

I know I will never truly understand the OG's views on sneakers today. I actually agree with a decent amount of what you guys say and respect that, but I really dislike the fact that you are trying to tell me why I like a shoe. You aren't in my mind. You should respect why I like a certain Jordan model.

EDIT: If it matters, I'm almost 20.

mad.gif
Lol quick buck
roll.gif
laugh.gif

If you aren't a re-seller, and you love MJ, or his sneakers, and have been collecting since '05, why sell? And then look to return after the "fad" dies down?...... Nobody called you out earlier in this thread, you threw out "old guys" and put yourself out there. You don't have to be born in the 70's or 80's to enjoy Mikes legacy. I can't fault you for when you were born either. But here's what I do know. Youve been collecting since '05? So you were like 12, maybe 13? Come on dunn....with what job holding you down?...... I got insoles older than you. Now you're on a hiatus? What was your sole intention when you bought you're J's? Were you planning on wearing them, or let em sit and just say you have them ? You love the sneakers right? Then why let your peers determine whether you should sell or keep your J's. You're your own man. Ive got many OGs that I've had since Mikes playing days. I've got only 5 retros, 4 first run retros (pre 2001) and the CDP Hare 7s. I wear my OGs quite frankly because they're still in great condition. I'm not dropping more money on sneakers I already have, but that's me......Now you got young cats complaining about the price hike, and why cant they be priced like they were back in 1995. If you're still in your teens, how the hell would you know what grown man sneakers cost when you were a toddler? All in all, you may have beef with the old heads and how they view CERTAIN young cats, not all. Well, one day you'll come to this crossroad when LeBron and Kobe's are being retroed and some kid who still has milk on his breath, sounds the same way you do. Old fools used to be young fools.For the record I'm 35, and I don't talk that $&@$ as you say....... I'm battle hardened for real and I walk that $&@&!

Lol quick buck
roll.gif
laugh.gif

you have 100 post talking about 'that's why i don't come in here" and you been collecting since o5?

3ab363881f49938a63ec3d2dfc7dcf1e86605782_r.gif

Secondly..I'm only 25. Lol..you in your own words said you don't like Jordans because everyone has them...you reek of buying shoes to 'impress". You have ZERO love for the shoes and what they represent, Jordan's or not...like we said...stop posting please.

<---ISS is that way
screw the shoes. Who's the chick in the gif ?
pimp.gif

Old sneakerheads need no explanation why young people want to buy J's. You don't have to be old to like J's or MJ himself. If a fifteen year old wants to see all the great things Mike did, it's as simple as a few clicks of a mouse. I was born in the mid 80s and missed a bunch of what Mike did, but I still recognize him as the best player ever even though he's not my favorite of all time. I have a few dozen pair of J's, but I don't consider myself a collector. If people want to buy J's and resell at double retail, that's their business. 'Cause someone was born in '79 and has seen Mike in his prime does not mean he deserves a pair of retros more than someone born in '95. Why would someone think that? That awfully stupid. If you like the shoe, you should get it. If you want to buy and then resell, do it. 
P.S. I may feel like this cause I got my MBA recently and don't get a chance to wear mine like I used to, but it's true. Also, I'm from a small town and can get the Jordans I want 10 days before release day. 

First of all it's J's NOT Jays.. I don't recall Air Jordans being called Air Jayordans.. Only the purist will rock what they like hype or not.. And never care what anyone else thinks.. Theres a handfull of people who buy what's hyped and only to impress others (break necks) and those who are like sheep and follow others to fit in to be cool/hip.. Of course the resellers only to make chump change... Yall killing it for the people who actually like the shoes design/technology/history/meaning etc... To us it becomes more than just a shoe.. Old or young.

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

I collect sneakers based off design,comfort,price and construction.Im a young adult and I just don't understand these lames I share a generation with dudes create false sneaker memories talking about I had this pair in my baby picture so I definitely need these .A generation full of straight cornballs and lames.All they do is stand in line and swap generic sneaker knowledge.They let Nike water down the Signature shoe line til the point Lebrons and Kobe's are the exact same shoes almost the exact same designs with no real difference .How do you buy 10 colors of the same shoe and lebron only wears like 3 colors of it.Nike is so boring now It's funny .Id rather buy new balance,Adidas,asics and reebok over Nike because quite frankly the gross hype you all have put on nike is disgusting all these young dudes buying because of walking Nike ads like Wale ,Fresh Prince,Instagram,Twitter or just plain embarrassing.It's so lame now it's not even funny I wish folks thought about why they copped kicks.

I grew up with .A.I ,Tmac,Kobe,Ray Allen,Tim Duncan,Yao Ming,Shaq,kg,lebron,melo .Mike is before a lot of yall time and y'all need to understand that.

How are the lebrons and kobes the exact same shoe? ones a high top and ones a low top. 
laugh.gif

I personally think that nike is not boring now. its the best the game has ever been IMO. Perfect mix of old(jordans, pennys/foams, NSW) and new (lebrons). Yes things are a bit oversaturated and these young kids are annoying, but not sure you could call it boring.

It's boring when I see a sig shoe like Kobe's that look exactly the same for almost 4 going on 5 years.Im just not feeling the current trends in sneakers the best shoe Nike has made in 2 years is the Roshe Run now that shoe is a classic and well designed .

Back
Top Bottom