Snowboarders Please Enter..

If you're having trouble watch a few YouTube videos on carving, also remember that you steer with your back foot. It's what I did and I hadn't been since middle school (I'm in my mid 20's now) getting some of the core concepts can help. It had me carving on my first day

Last edited:

depends on how you do toeside. id have to see what you're doing wrong, but the way id describe it is if you are moving, lean toeside to move in that direction. you aren't trying to michael jackson but use the toe side edge to carve. also your back leg should be pushing while your front should be leading with the carve if that makes sense...

once you get it, its like ordering pizza. you'll snowboard like a boss and get da yambs b

laugh.gif

If it were only as simple as that pic.

I can toe/heel slide pretty well myself. I can't carve it up and make S's when I snowboard. I always end up doing one of three things when I try and turn toe side; 1) my board goes perpendicular with the direction i wanna go and I toe slide down the mountain 2) I do a 180 and now am facing in the opposite direction 3) I fall on my face
mean.gif
roll.gif
 Cmon my dude it IS that easy!! Just like you typed all of those sentences in probably like 30-40 seconds, its that easy.  You just gotta put in some time practicing and itll be like second nature.  I haven't been riding much for the past 2-3 seasons but its just like riding a bike once you learn.  

If you're gonna teach your kids to ski/ride, do it EARLY... Little kids have no fear and are made of rubber.  They'll be pro's by the time their teens.

depends on how you do toeside. id have to see what you're doing wrong, but the way id describe it is if you are moving, lean toeside to move in that direction. you aren't trying to michael jackson but use the toe side edge to carve. also your back leg should be pushing while your front should be leading with the carve if that makes sense...

once you get it, its like ordering pizza. you'll snowboard like a boss and get da yambs b

:lol:

If it were only as simple as that pic.

I can toe/heel slide pretty well myself. I can't carve it up and make S's when I snowboard. I always end up doing one of three things when I try and turn toe side; 1) my board goes perpendicular with the direction i wanna go and I toe slide down the mountain 2) I do a 180 and now am facing in the opposite direction 3) I fall on my face :smh:
:rofl:  Cmon my dude it IS that easy!! Just like you typed all of those sentences in probably like 30-40 seconds, its that easy.  You just gotta put in some time practicing and itll be like second nature.  I haven't been riding much for the past 2-3 seasons but its just like riding a bike once you learn.  

If you're gonna teach your kids to ski/ride, do it EARLY... Little kids have no fear and are made of rubber.  They'll be pro's by the time their teens.

youngest i think you can teach sb to a kid is 7 or 8? i hear mountains won't teach to younger because its harder/more dangerous. easier to teach younger on skis..

I've seen kids that at probably 6 just killing it down the slopes. I'm sure their dads taught them though. 

Do you mean that the mountain instruction for young kids doesn't start until age 7?

I know there are toddler classes for skiing and maybe riding that I've seen.

I learned at age like 13 and I wish I had gotten on the hill a LOT earlier.

Do you mean that the mountain instruction for young kids doesn't start until age 7?

I know there are toddler classes for skiing and maybe riding that I've seen.

I learned at age like 13 and I wish I had gotten on the hill a LOT earlier.

yea like snowboard classes. a little kid will find it easier on skis since they can just pizza slice all the way down the mountain.

Yeah man,while I'm falling off the lift, little kids are looking like shaun white out there. I gotta go back before the season ends and get better. Just got back from Park City last week.

Yeah man,while I'm falling off the lift, little kids are looking like shaun white out there. I gotta go back before the season ends and get better. Just got back from Park City last week.
laugh.gif
 Thats what I'm saying... These munchkins out there weighing 35 lbs doing board slides off the little Ski Patrol shack roof. 
mean.gif

I'm looking to buy my 1st board.

I'm 6'1 185

size 11.5 shoe.

So I think I'm gonna get a 158 size board.

Can you guys tell me which is better? or help me find a better package.

I'm think about buying.

2013 Burton Blunt

http://www.the-house.com/snowboard-package-0002.html

or

2013 K2 Playback

http://www.the-house.com/snowboard-package-0030.html

Thx in advance.

a shorter board is easier to work with but if you do get a shorter board then make sure to get a WIDE board so you dont get any toe drag. im 6' 2" 190 pounds with a size 12 i used to ride a 160 but switched to 158W this year. As a beginner I always say just get a board that you dont mind digging up and scratching becuase thats what happens especially when learning.

:lol:  Thats what I'm saying... These munchkins out there weighing 35 lbs doing board slides off the little Ski Patrol shack roof. :smh:   

pshh w.e. im changing the game by adding diversity to w.e mountain im at. like an oreo crumb in a glass of milk

nyumsayin?

what do you mean your board has been messing up? how long have you had it...im just curious because this is a brand new set up for this season, i had a burton set up previously for 7 seasons and its held up...i was hoping the lib tech skate banana will last me a long time...

what i meant was rock chips and such. not really the board messing up, but getting damaged especially since i went to crappy mt. baldy one time. sorry for the late reply, totally forgot about this post. anyhow, since it's a new setup for you, have fun! i love the skate banana but was only seeing what else is out there.

Last edited:
with toe carving or carving in general try this out. just look in the direction that you want to go to.

stand up and pretend your on a board right now goofy or regular doesn't matter, look as left as possible without moving feet, look right as possible without moving feet... see your hips move and shoulders open your body more? even your feet bend a little off to the side right? gotta make that natural for the feet as you go down. looking where you want to go is sometimes better and easiest way to do it without getting technical.

practice going toe while going down really slowly, or even stand up facing the mountain first instead of butt to the mountain

also if its your first time doing toe best have your calf muscles in cuz snowboarding day is gonna turn to leg day
laugh.gif

OP where you located??? second K2 is not the business…stick to burton,lib tech,never summer, and Ride

Took a few seasons off but I'm back at it. :pimp: been a few times this week.

Mn heads Afton is killing it now. Nicest park for sure. They constantly have dudes riding around with rakes grooming all 3 parks or whatever they have now. They have this monster quarter pipe at the end of the big park that is dope.

If youre having trouble carving whether its toe or heel, just commit to it. I would not commit cause I was scared but cause of tha id do a half *** toe or heel and would fall. Just commit to it, you have more control of the board than you think.

been snowbaording twice instantly was like this needs to be a hobby albiet an expensive one.

One thing i noticed is your legs have to be strong or at least relative to your body weight. i worked on my legs and the second time it was a lot easier to do those carving and sliding techniques. trying to hit up lake placid or vermont this year. 

been snowbaording twice instantly was like this needs to be a hobby albiet an expensive one.

One thing i noticed is your legs have to be strong or at least relative to your body weight. i worked on my legs and the second time it was a lot easier to do those carving and sliding techniques. trying to hit up lake placid or vermont this year. 

vermont should be almost fully open. ill be hitting up okemo next thurs, and they had like almost 100 trails open out of 120 i think..

and yea, if you work out, the sport is easier. i don't workout (should :smh:) but fatigue doesn't kick in till like end of the day for me. worst i get is cramps from a first run of season or something.

vermont should be almost fully open. ill be hitting up okemo next thurs, and they had like almost 100 trails open out of 120 i think..

and yea, if you work out, the sport is easier. i don't workout (should
mean.gif
) but fatigue doesn't kick in till like end of the day for me. worst i get is cramps from a first run of season or something.
fam i was done the first time. I thought i was going to be bed-ridden because i have lower back issues but damn when you finally catch the swing of things, no pain compares to that enjoyment when you make it down a steep mountain with no problems. 

I snowboard fairly often, I have wide feet and I have tried two different types of boots(both Burton) and I get terrible aches in my feet while riding. Very sore aches similar to growing pains. Anyone experience this or can recommend a solution? The most obvious answer would be wider boots, any recommendations? Thank you

I snowboard fairly often, I have wide feet and I have tried two different types of boots(both Burton) and I get terrible aches in my feet while riding. Very sore aches similar to growing pains. Anyone experience this or can recommend a solution? The most obvious answer would be wider boots, any recommendations? Thank you

i get them too, but i ride thru them. eventually after a few runs they go away. like playing basketball for first time in a min...chest hurts like a ************, but after a while, its good to go. if anything id say stretching can help. i found this cool sb workout video :lol:

I would try a after market insole Aswell as getting your boots heat molded if you can, to give you a more custom fit

Back
Top Bottom