Snowpiercer (2013) anyone seen this yet?

To the idiot that said it's a crappy movie Im guessing you thought that piece of **** transformers was amazing right? Let me guess, your a hypebeast who likes fast hondas.
transformer movies are horrible. watched the latest one on my comp yesterday and thought it was a bombastic, pompous pile of crap.
hypebeast? who even really says that word? i am not one though. the shoes that i have are generally unpopular. wore some talarias last weekend. did not break even a single neck :frown:
i drive a prius :lol:
just because it was a faithful adaptation of a comic doesn't mean it's automatically good.
just because it's rated high on rotten tomatoes, doesn't mean i can't have a differing opinion.
the watchmen movie was a pretty faithful adaptation of an amazing graphic novel. i kind of enjoyed that one. it got a 65% on rotten tomatoes.
Third, this is a scifi movie like I said befors that's how these movies are.
ummm i love GOOD sci fi movies. i didn't love this one. read my second comment in this thread. there are elements of the movie that i did like and i thought the feel of the movie was pretty unique and nicely dark.

are you the director or something? relax homie. we're all gonna make it.

Wow you guyd are being so stupi. The movie was released in Korea just a bit early because those were the directors terms because he wanted it released in his home country first.

Seconds, the movie and followed the comic book perfectly including the exagerations and the fighting scenes.

To the idiot that said it's a crappy movie Im guessing you thought that piece of **** transformers was amazing right? Let me guess, your a hypebeast who likes fast hondas.

So stop complaining and read the graphic novel. Its an adaptation the director is obviously not going to disrespect the french dude who wrote it and change everything that would be stupid.

I'm sure it stays true to its roots or whatever. Frank Miller had a horrendous movie years ago called "the spirit" that also was a accurate representation of the comic. Some things just don't translate well. The movie is a steaming pile.

Wow you guyd are being so stupi. The movie was released in Korea just a bit early because those were the directors terms because he wanted it released in his home country first.

Seconds, the movie and followed the comic book perfectly including the exagerations and the fighting scenes.

So stop complaining and read the graphic novel. Its an adaptation the director is obviously not going to disrespect the french dude who wrote it and change everything that would be stupid.

Kill the hype breh

It's not that it was straight off the pages. It wasn't and I was surprised.

Some people hated the last 2 minutes because yes that part was stupid and always irriated me. But the overall movie was good. I'm not saying you have to like the story, the movie was good.

Btw.. I didn't uhm ... know it was Chris Evans until the day after I watched the movie

I really enjoyed Snowpiercer. I liked that it was different and had some really cool visuals. I also saw a stream w/o the subtitles so me and my boy paused the movie and googled them right quick. IIRC the asian guy was telling Evans about he's noticed the snow outside seems to be melting and maybe its a sign the world is warming up again.

It's not that it was straight off the pages. It wasn't and I was surprised.

Some people hated the last 2 minutes because yes that part was stupid and always irriated me. But the overall movie was good. I'm not saying you have to like the story, the movie was good.

Btw.. I didn't uhm ... know it was Chris Evans until the day after I watched the movie

thats just it though
the STORY was good
the MOVIE was bad and poorly executed

Visually amazing.

But overall, the movie was lacking.

How did they not get absolutely WRECKED as soon as the train went into the tunnel?

A friend of mines Dad recommended this to me a month ago and I forgot about it until I saw the name again on my movie app. So I watched it and was blown away. I loves this movie, the story was fantastic. With all these dystopian movies releasing as of late, this was a breath of fresh air. So many twists and turns. Great action sequences, and just an awesome plot. The conversation between Curtis and Willard I'm the engine room was my favorite part of the movie. So much real ****. It also has an A list cast which befuddled me as to why it doesn't have more promotion. But whatever, you have to search for good art and this was definitely it.

Dont know what to think of it yet...entertaining but very meh.

Like I caught the themes and how it reletes to real life..but idk..

Last edited:
repped, cosign everything you said

i was in shock whenever someone died

and when that dude in the suit came back 
eek.gif

and like dude said b4 what was the japanese guy saying to him in front of the last door?

Watched it last week online. I got one question though....

Toward the end, the asian hacker dude was talking to Curtis in a different language and there was like 3 or 4 minutes that I didn't understand anything dude was saying...

Was there supposed to be subtitles at that part? I don't know if it is because it was a foreign film or if I just watched a bad stream but I was expecting some subtitles lol

Watched the whole thing without subtitles, I had to find a different version with subs for the ending. Kinda missed a main point of the movie if u didnt catch that part.

He pretty much said that he believed the snow was melting and that people could survive outside the train.

[–]zenhotdog  2 points 3 days ago

Did you guys notice that the four "bosses" of the train had very distinct and familiar appearances? Franco the younger, impaled on the spear, was Che Guevara. Mason was Margaret Thatcher, lecturing everybody about what they were due. Franco the elder, who kept coming back, was L Ron Hubbard. The final boss, with his train version of the Spruce Goose, who polished rivets assiduously, put all his belongings in drawers, and wore a bathrobe, was Howard Hughes. Pie-eyed megalomaniacs the lot of them! All of them shadows of what Curtis could've been if he hadn't sacrificed himself.
got off of reddit

[–]
zenhotdog
 2 points 3 days ago

Did you guys notice that the four "bosses" of the train had very distinct and familiar appearances? Franco the younger, impaled on the spear, was Che Guevara. Mason was Margaret Thatcher, lecturing everybody about what they were due. Franco the elder, who kept coming back, was L Ron Hubbard. The final boss, with his train version of the Spruce Goose, who polished rivets assiduously, put all his belongings in drawers, and wore a bathrobe, was Howard Hughes. Pie-eyed megalomaniacs the lot of them! All of them shadows of what Curtis could've been if he hadn't sacrificed himself.
got off of reddit

? Doesn't seem significant to me.

Why was Evans so hard to recognize in this :lol:

Movie was dope, acting was superb, haven't seen Ed Harris since The Rock :wow:

I guess the end is open-ended and we are to assume the Asian girl and black boy are left to repopulate the earth?

^^Saw it in the summer, thought it was great! It was recommended while listening to a NPR type of radio station.

Movie was ok. I thought they were just going to die at the end but I read wikipedia and it said what the ending was alluding to.

Last edited:
My interpretation was that the lessons the crono (however u spell it) asian door guy was taught by the women is that he knew when it was time to go out. She taught him all about snow so that one snow flake he saw was of wet snow i suppose.

Along with him being able to see more and more of that wrecked airplane every year they pass it.

I was disappointed that the end was left so open for you to determine. Id rather it just have an ending, so i guess it was warm enough that the chick and kid will survive some how. May even find more people?

Where the hell did all the kids in the classroom disappear to so quick before the teacher unloaded with the assault rifle. That part caught me off but i had a feeling something was up just not that lol.

I would have killed that old botch sooner. And that brainwashing those kids got :smh:

Anyway ... so the jist of the movie was that main guy was only suppose to get so far to regulate his peoples population but he got so far that most of them got murked? It was suppose to be a balance?

Back
Top Bottom