So Apparently The Nation of Islam is Combining with the Church of Scientology?

Verdict: The Scientologists are back

Rating: Turkey

Up to now, the most notorious attempt to sell us Scientology in the cinema was John Travolta’s legendary stinker, Battlefield Earth.

Will Smith — who donated $122,500 to the cause in 2007 — and his more openly Scientologist wife Jada Pinkett Smith thought they could do better. After Earth is the catastrophic end product.

A strong contender for 2013’s worst film, it educates us about several precepts of Scientology — suppress emotion, be in the present moment alone, earn the respect of your father-figure, and become a kind of human robot.
Disaster: Will Smith and son Jayden in the appalling After Earth

Disaster: Will Smith and son Jaden in the appalling After Earth

That last bit is, incidentally, terrible advice to give actors.

Not only is After Earth a tedious sermon on Dianetics, it’s as inept as you would expect from writer-director M. Night Shyamalan, not as far as I know a Scientologist, but the man responsible for three of the most ponderous and unwatchable films ever made: Lady In The Water, The Happening and The Last Airbender. This guy couldn’t direct traffic.

After Earth stars Will Smith and his 14-year-old son Jaden, and is based on a story by Will that suggests writing is definitely not his talent.

More...

The king of bling: Brilliant acting, sumptuous costumes and a director on top form. It's criminal this Liberace biopic can't win an Oscar
The Purge: Dystopic science fiction meets horror in this ingenious family-in-peril thriller

Although Jaden was passable in his previous movie, The Karate Kid, he’s grown into an uncharismatic teenager.

He plays Kitai, a boy who is a repellent combination of cocky and whiny. He desperately wants to impress his stern military commander dad (Will) and atone for failing to rescue his teenage sister from a creature called Ursa, which — despite its name — is not in the least bit bearlike.

It’s how Tolkien’s giant spider creation Shelob might have looked, had she undergone ill-advised plastic surgery.

When the pair of them crash-land on Earth, killing their crew and breaking dad’s legs, the father is suddenly dependent on his son to rescue them. And there’s an Ursa on the loose.

The dialogue is platitudinous and delivered in stilted accents. The structure is that of a very dull video game made by someone who once watched The Lord Of The Rings.

The computer-generated special-effects are jerky: easily the worst I’ve seen in any recent blockbuster, and unforgivably amateurish.

But it’s the script that makes this a toe-curling embarrassment. Unlike Shyamalan’s previous movies, there’s not even an attempt at a twist.

Throughout the second half, the robotic Will Smith tries not to fall into a coma. He succeeds, but I’m not too sure about the audience.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ists-sci-fi---Xenu-stinker.html#ixzz2VtLiB7DX
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...iew-Scientologists-sci-fi---Xenu-stinker.html

Farrakhan got his thetan levels over 9000 = $

:x

Not that either religion on their own is anything to be happy about. Stuff like this makes me wonder, which comes first? one world religion or one world government.

Last edited:

Not that either religion on their own is anything to be happy about. Stuff like this makes me wonder, which comes first? one world religion or one world government.

Nation of Islam is not Islam. Nation of Islam is a group not a religion. As a Muslim I see the nation as political group that just uses Islam as a stance of counterculture to American values. I ain't never seen them Bow tie wearing fools in a Mosque in my life :lol: **** a bean pie

Last edited:
Astagfirallah. The nation of islam doesn't represent Islam at all. According to the Qu'ran prophet Muhammed (pbuh) was the last prophet and the nation of Islam claims it was elijah mohammed,  that alone is an insult to Islam and it is not allowed either, as they are fabricating and adding additional bits to the Qu'ran. There is a reason why many initial NOI members such as Malcolm X and Mike Tyson converted to tradional sunni islam once they realised the lies they were being fed. And to add insult to injury they are now adding this foolishness into their so called religion.
Nation of Islam is not Islam. Nation of Islam is a group not a religion. As a Muslim I see the nation as political group that just uses Islam as a stance of counterculture to American values. I ain't never seen them Bow tie wearing fools in a Mosque in my life :lol: **** a bean pie

Don't forget Muhammad Ali.

Nation of Islam is a political, not a religious organization. Always has been. It has some flat out non-traditional Islam elements. The same goes for the Nation of Earths and Gods, which Rakim and those Wu Tang rappers are affiliated to. Makes me wonder how they could use Islam, the most fiercly monotheistic religion on earh as an inspiration for something where the word "God" is used in plural.

Don't forget Muhammad Ali.

Nation of Islam is a political, not a religious organization. Always has been. It has some flat out non-traditional Islam elements. The same goes for the Nation of Earths and Gods, which Rakim and those Wu Tang rappers are affiliated to. Makes me wonder how they could use Islam, the most fiercly monotheistic religion on earh as an inspiration for something where the word "God" is used in plural.

I mean anybody can believe what they want. If they want to use Islam, Judiasm, Christianity or Festivus for the rest of us for their beliefs then fine. I just don't want to be lumped in with them. Thats my issue. Thats my biggest problem with People perception of Islam. Because i'm Muslim I must see things they way Bin Laden does or the way Farrahkhan does.

I don't assume all Christians see things the way Sarah Palin does or Glenn Beck, or that all Atheist believe they should be building monuments.

People believe what they want to believe. Some people believe its weird I don't eat pork or that I get up at 4am to pray. I think its weird they believe aliens are gonna come back. Thats the beauty of human. Maybe their right maybe I'm right. Who knows guess I'll find out when my times comes.

Until then praise BaseGod

I know that. I wasn't grouping NOI and Islam together in that post but I will say at the very least the NOI believes in Islam, just their own version of it, no different than Mormonism and Christanity. What I said still stands though. You can add in Islam with the others to what I said if it's clearer for you.

From my recollection though, NOI members have their own place of worship similar to how a Catholic and Protestant don't necessarily go to the same church.

Last edited:
after earth i heard was basically Scientology propaganda written by your boy will smith.

Ya man I heard the same. The Will Smith Scientology connection has always be bizarre to me

From my recollection though, NOI members have their own place of worship similar to how a Catholic and Protestant don't necessarily go to the same church.

Ya they worship in temples instead of the traditional mosques

Last edited:
NOI is not Islam.  Much of its core tenants are in direct opposition to the Quran.
Doesn't Islam predate the Qur'an though?
eek.gif

The first revelation in the cave was both the start of Islam and the start of the Qur'an.

I don't know. I'm not Muslim.  I just took a religious studies class in highschool.
I guess Wikipedia is your friend for this one.

Fair enough, I dont know either. I have heard some muslim's say Muhammad was the first to practice Islam and I have had others tell me Islam has existed since the beginning of time.

I don't know. I'm not Muslim.  I just took a religious studies class in highschool.
I guess Wikipedia is your friend for this one.
Fair enough, I dont know either. I have heard some muslim's say Muhammad was the first to practice Islam and I have had others tell me Islam has existed since the beginning of time.
Delusional.  Islam did not exist until the 600s.

According to the Qur'an what faith did Abraham, Moses and Jesus practice?

The same fatih as us. Jews and Christians are the children of the book. The torah and the bible are the same book with just different chapters and interpretations.

To Buddha I'm saying that NOI were soley a political party that used Islam as way to create a identity, changing the rules and doctrine as they see fit. I think you misunderstood me, I'm saying I don't consider NOI a religion. When you said both religions on their own i assumed you meant Islam cause that was the only religion in the equation to me. NOI is just a social/political party and honestly Scientology is starting to seem like one too.

According to the Qur'an what faith did Abraham, Moses and Jesus practice?
The same fatih as us. Jews and Christians are the children of the book. The torah and the bible are the same book with just different chapters and interpretations.

To Buddha I'm saying that NOI were soley a political party that used Islam as way to create a identity, changing the rules and doctrine as they see fit. I think you misunderstood me, I'm saying I don't consider NOI a religion. When you said both religions on their own i assumed you meant Islam cause that was the only religion in the equation to me. NOI is just a social/political party and honestly Scientology is starting to seem like one too.
NOI is very much a religion.  It is just a very politically active religion like Islam is in regions where Islam is most prevalent.

If you've ever read "Malcolm X: The FBI File" then you already know the Feds had several files detailing the NOI and how they believed they would be rescued by spaceships...

NOI is very much a religion.  It is just a very politically active religion like Islam is in regions where Islam is most prevalent.

I respect you for your opinion, I just don't see it that way. I respect everyone in here for their opinion I really want to make that clear cause whenever religion is brought on on NT it seems to stroke tension so I want to make that clear. I see it a certain way, you see it another and thats fine. I always want to hear peoples opinion cause I never know someone could make me see things alittle different.

In regard to NOI, I live in Dubai currently and because of my work I meet alot of tourist and alot of brothers from the NOI. The distinct impression I get from them is that Islam to them is a politcal tool to push their agenda. I can tell you so many stories of these brothers having conversations about their views and beliefs and their rude awakening to the fact that Muslims as a whole do agree with or even condone that line of thinking.

I respect you for your opinion, I just don't see it that way. I respect everyone in here for their opinion I really want to make that clear cause whenever religion is brought on on NT it seems to stroke tension so I want to make that clear. I see it a certain way, you see it another and thats fine. I always want to hear peoples opinion cause I never know someone could make me see things alittle different.

In regard to NOI, I live in Dubai currently and because of my work I meet alot of tourist and alot of brothers from the NOI. The distinct impression I get from them is that Islam to them is a politcal tool to push their agenda. I can tell you so many stories of these brothers having conversations about their views and beliefs and their rude awakening to the fact that Muslims as a whole do agree with or even condone that line of thinking.
A little confused.  Doesn't seem like a rude awakening to me.

Also, I agree it is a very political movement.  It was founded as another way for African Americans to create some sort of pride and self worth as well as reestablishing a connection to Africa whilst forwarding political goals. We can agree that it is political movement but to ignore or disregard the religious side of the movement I think is being unfair to the less political adherents of their faith.

And at least with me, I don't get hot headed over religion or any topic unless blatantly false or misleading information is being put out.  But from my years of lurking NT I know some people fly off the handle too soon.

Back
Top Bottom