So. . B.O.B's New vid.

Interesting and borderline uncanny that he made this vid considering this addresses some of the internal conflictions I've been having lately. Basically we're told to be godly, love your fellow man etc in a world that's grimy and hateful and worships money. And it seems like the evil are the ones that are rewarded.

He was patronizing the idea of religion. Making it seem like we do good deeds for validation and blessings from the guy in the sky.

Also he is implying that the black artists are promoting immoral messages for airplay, hence the main character tap dancing with the devil imagery. I'll have to listen again to take more in. I never liked his music but it really seems like he has the same thought process as me: he doesn't want to make music glorifying menacing behavior, but positive music is seen as bland, and doing "what youre told" makes you look like a square.

This is an evil country. Point blank. America has made money its God, and I'll leave it at that.

Interesting and borderline uncanny that he made this vid considering this addresses some of the internal conflictions I've been having lately. Basically we're told to be godly, love your fellow man etc in a world that's grimy and hateful and worships money. And it seems like the evil are the ones that are rewarded.

He was patronizing the idea of religion. Making it seem like we do good deeds for validation and blessings from the guy in the sky.

Also he is implying that the black artists are promoting immoral messages for airplay, hence the main character tap dancing with the devil imagery. I'll have to listen again to take more in. I never liked his music but it really seems like he has the same thought process as me: he doesn't want to make music glorifying menacing behavior, but positive music is seen as bland, and doing "what youre told" makes you look like a square.

This is an evil country. Point blank. America has made money its God, and I'll leave it at that.
Nice take bro.

The title of the song caught my eye initially but his conspiracy bull**** has made me write dude off altogether.

Anyone advocating for flat earth in 2018, i dont have time for. Talented or not.

the lyrics are a bit scattered and lack focus
there's plenty to talk about regarding identify politics and black peoples faith, he set it up with the title and the video
and missed the mark almost entirely in the actual song

Question, if BOB was still mainstream and getting commercial looks, and radio airplay like he use too, would he be making songs like this?

Thought this thread was about this:

One of the most trash videos/songs I've ever witnessed.

Gonna give this a watch...but I'm already biased against BoB.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom