So does anyone else find Joe Budden to be..

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

I haven't given him an honest listen since MM3, that JoeBuddenTv %+%% turned me off.
smh.gif

Pretty much. His off the mic personality is too $$!+$ _ like.

I still rock with him heavy.

Loved Escape Route and Downfall is one of my favorite songs.

I just need another project from him. His "random" tracks are all pretty much the same.

When I first started listening to him I found him very boring. I could hear his skill but he bore me and the majority of his work had no replay value(especially his 1st album save the singles). When I started listening more some of it got better but I still find him un-engaging on the mic.

Anybody seen anything about Amalgam calling him out? Something about spending the money he was given to record Great Escape on a Benz for Tahiry
laugh.gif
smh.gif

On the mic dude is as nice as ever its just the fact that people put to much focus on to someones life rather than their music that has most cats feeling off

Def not. I still think he's better than 95% of any other rapper out there. There are probably less than a handful of rappers that I think are lyrically better than him today. Not to mention, Mood Muzik 2 and 3 will always be to of my favorite "albums". I've actually been listening to MM3 more than anything lately.

I really hope he can come out with an incredible album though, just so he can get the credit he deserves. Cause 'Padded Room' was disappointing. Not to mention the beats were pretty bad.

since he got off tour he stopped leaking music minus that New York, Jersey, Philly song which i thought was meh.

IMO Escape Route was good, and The Great Escape is my most awaited album next to Kanye and Drake.

Joe is my 2nd fav rapper of all time he just needs proper backing and once/if a label gives that to him he could ressurge but the chances of that IMO are small. I still take him over anyone in the game not named Jay-Z.

He just needs to drop some hot songs to get his internet buzz back...time will tell.

Definitely agree.

Slowly following Padded Room I've been turned off by his music (last best effort was Halfway House imo)

Not to mention the beats have been utter trash, maybe he is less depressed as someone said, but its definitely not touching his best work or even has last best.

I wouldn't say it has to do with oversaturation because MM3 followed closely by Halfway House was
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
.  Maybe he's just not in that same mindframe anymore, who knows.  How long can one even stay in their prime musically though? 

Like Allen said though, I listen to his older work more than anything MM 2 = GOAT status.

Russian Roulette, Money's On Me, and Downfall are all dope tracks.

Keep On,  R.I.P. Those are cool.

I wish he would stop this internet TV stuff and just continue to put out quality material.

I don't think I've ever seen a Joe Budden TV clip
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Budden went crazy back at ADigital. I'm starting to lean towards Budden's side, because wouldn't a record label just sue? Why resort to Twitter if the issue is that large? That's what lawyers are for ...

Back on topic, I stopped messing with Budden when he talked about hitting Tahiry. That ###@ wasn't necessary ...

Originally Posted by dland24

Joe Budden is the same now as he has always been.
whoa. No he hasnt. go back and check his desert storm days. he was no emo joey and he was actually fun to listen to. Joey just got older and things aint work out in the industry and his personal life like they were supposed to or he wanted them to. Thats why he is the way he is now. Im guessing...

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

whoa. No he hasnt. go back and check his desert storm days. he was no emo joey and he was actually fun to listen to. Joey just got older and things aint work out in the industry and his personal life like they were supposed to or he wanted them to. Thats why he is the way he is now. Im guessing...
Ehh...Dude has drug problems since before his first album.  Dude prolly has always been like this, just he was in such a good place in his life during those Desert Storm/Def Jam coming up days that we didn't see emo Joey.  Once the success didn't come to him like he though he would, I am guessing he went back to being the Buddens of before.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

Ehh...Dude has drug problems since before his first album.  Dude prolly has always been like this, just he was in such a good place in his life during those Desert Storm/Def Jam coming up days that we didn't see emo Joey.  Once the success didn't come to him like he though he would, I am guessing he went back to being the Buddens of before.
Ahh your right about that.

Said this after MM2 and everyone looked at me crazy...

Ya'll knock other _'s for staying in the same lane...but Joe gets a pass.

How many more !++$*%+ songs can you make about your career being lame and growing up as a !@@% up mixed in with a bunch of punchlines about current events.

I've been a big Joe fan for the longest, even considered him one of the better rappers at a time, it's getting harder to keep defending him though after these L's.

i still check for him on a constant basis. the JBTV thing was the thing that made people sick of him, but i watched them for a while. I like Slaughterhouse and thought the album was pretty good. He just needs to keep making music and stop with the internet TV thing. Im still a Budden fan and would probably put him higher than 90-95% of other rappers in the game. Talent has always been there its just the other things that distract people from his music IMO

Back
Top Bottom