So does Malcom X having homosexual relations change your view on him?

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

The news comes just days after Mahatma Gandhi was outed as being bisexual.
wait..did i miss something? 
alien.gif

Originally Posted by Guppetto

airmaxpenny1 said:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@ these responses this is the man who wrote the book.  The black communities "homophobia."
30t6p3b.gif

alg_manning_marable.jpg

But I'm sure he was just trying to "discredit" Malcom
laugh.gif
.  Why would Malcom having sex with a man discredit anything he did.  He also talks about who killed Malcom and brings new info to light.  Just started reading it but I'd suggest everybody try picking it up.

I don't care if he's purple, It's no coincidence that these stories keep getting dropped in the media to slowly but surely try to massage people attitudes about Gay Rights and Civil Rights. The two aren't related. Oppressing and mistreating people is closely related to gay rights, but there are thousands of years of history on civilizations that have fought that struggle

i find this statement very interesting...could you expand on this? (not saying you're wrong by any means btw)

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Guppetto

airmaxpenny1 said:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@ these responses this is the man who wrote the book.  The black communities "homophobia."
30t6p3b.gif

alg_manning_marable.jpg

But I'm sure he was just trying to "discredit" Malcom
laugh.gif
.  Why would Malcom having sex with a man discredit anything he did.  He also talks about who killed Malcom and brings new info to light.  Just started reading it but I'd suggest everybody try picking it up.

I don't care if he's purple, It's no coincidence that these stories keep getting dropped in the media to slowly but surely try to massage people attitudes about Gay Rights and Civil Rights. The two aren't related. Oppressing and mistreating people is closely related to gay rights, but there are thousands of years of history on civilizations that have fought that struggle

i find this statement very interesting...could you expand on this? (not saying you're wrong by any means btw)

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Some of the most powerful men in history where gay/bisexual (Eg. Alexander the Great)...

I'm not homophobic or ignorant, so I don't equate homosexuality to tarnishing the image of the "black man" in this country. Out of the long list of things that tarnishes the image of black men, homosexuality is at the bottom.

With that being said, if true this doesn't change my view on him but it does make me more "interested" in his story.

Some of the most powerful men in history where gay/bisexual (Eg. Alexander the Great)...

I'm not homophobic or ignorant, so I don't equate homosexuality to tarnishing the image of the "black man" in this country. Out of the long list of things that tarnishes the image of black men, homosexuality is at the bottom.

With that being said, if true this doesn't change my view on him but it does make me more "interested" in his story.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

[h1]Malcolm X had gay affairs with white men, new book claims[/h1]
A new book published by a Columbia University historian has suggested that Malcolm X had gay relationships with white men.

Peter Lloyd

news.PinkPaper.com

Wednesday, 6 April 2011

6 April 2011

"Manning Marable was a widely respected historian with great credibility in academic, black and left-wing circles. His corroboration of Malcolm X's same-sex experiences will hopefully help undermine the decades of denialism by those who misguidedly regard homosexuality as shameful and unAfrican."

This stood out to me. The fact that it was quoted, while seemingly nothing more than the opinion of the author (the second line) translates that that was the agenda to this article. Now if true or even that it's been insinuated doesn't shock me since he went to jail for a period of time, but at the same time this agenda to prove who was or wasn't gay is quite vexing. It's so prevalent today to the point that I constantly see it happening in my daily life with just regular people

[h1]Malcolm X had gay affairs with white men, new book claims[/h1]
A new book published by a Columbia University historian has suggested that Malcolm X had gay relationships with white men.

Peter Lloyd

news.PinkPaper.com

Wednesday, 6 April 2011

6 April 2011

"Manning Marable was a widely respected historian with great credibility in academic, black and left-wing circles. His corroboration of Malcolm X's same-sex experiences will hopefully help undermine the decades of denialism by those who misguidedly regard homosexuality as shameful and unAfrican."

This stood out to me. The fact that it was quoted, while seemingly nothing more than the opinion of the author (the second line) translates that that was the agenda to this article. Now if true or even that it's been insinuated doesn't shock me since he went to jail for a period of time, but at the same time this agenda to prove who was or wasn't gay is quite vexing. It's so prevalent today to the point that I constantly see it happening in my daily life with just regular people

I am much more interested in the assassination aspect of the book, I mean I still to this day aint buying the nation did it alone.
moneymike88 wrote:
Maybe he wanted to do to white men what they've been doing to black men for hundreds of years 

(amirite?)

roll.gif

DeNs415 wrote:
What makes you guys so sure Malcolm wasnt a bottom? lol

grin.gif

I am much more interested in the assassination aspect of the book, I mean I still to this day aint buying the nation did it alone.
moneymike88 wrote:
Maybe he wanted to do to white men what they've been doing to black men for hundreds of years 

(amirite?)

roll.gif

DeNs415 wrote:
What makes you guys so sure Malcolm wasnt a bottom? lol

grin.gif

Wouldn't matter at all to me.
I could care less if someone is gay, straight, bisexual. Who cares?

Wouldn't matter at all to me.
I could care less if someone is gay, straight, bisexual. Who cares?

Like others in here have said, sexuality isn't always black and white. And from what I've heard, the book is more of a biography than a book about his sexual orientation. If the man had sexual relations with men, that should definitely be included in his biography. 
But anyways, I wish you wouldn't have used Alexander the Great as an example of bisexual. It's a lot more complex than just saying he was bisexual... but I don't want to jack this thread so I'll leave that for another day. 

Like others in here have said, sexuality isn't always black and white. And from what I've heard, the book is more of a biography than a book about his sexual orientation. If the man had sexual relations with men, that should definitely be included in his biography. 
But anyways, I wish you wouldn't have used Alexander the Great as an example of bisexual. It's a lot more complex than just saying he was bisexual... but I don't want to jack this thread so I'll leave that for another day. 

Originally Posted by selrahc123

You're correct. in some societies/cultures, at certain periods in human history sexuality was a continuum. But yea, you should probably leave that discussion for another thread most people wouldn't understand it. Societal constraints and taboos created those labels.

Originally Posted by selrahc123

You're correct. in some societies/cultures, at certain periods in human history sexuality was a continuum. But yea, you should probably leave that discussion for another thread most people wouldn't understand it. Societal constraints and taboos created those labels.

Well this certainly changes the way I'll listen to that Nas line about Malcolm "catching" the jungle fever.

Back
Top Bottom