So does Malcom X having homosexual relations change your view on him?

Well this certainly changes the way I'll listen to that Nas line about Malcolm "catching" the jungle fever.

Originally Posted by Budweiser

Well this certainly changes the way I'll listen to that Nas line about Malcolm "catching" the jungle fever.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Looks like he was caught without a ton of reefer.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Looks like he was caught without a ton of reefer.

Originally Posted by Guppetto

Notice how media types keep trying to suggest prominent black men were gay. Man take that crap and put it in the garbage. It's this push to tie the struggle of African Americans and Civil Rights to the plight of Gay individuals in America. Unfortunately, Being Gay has nothing to do with being taken from your homeland and beaten and killed through 400 years of indentured servitude. This is what Malcolm meant when he said "Plymouth Rock landed on us". Not buying it, don't believe it, never accepting it and honestly am somewhat offended. Go out half of the Conservative Gay Congressmen that just happen to be Caucasian if you want a real story.
WELL PUT

Notice how media types keep trying to suggest prominent black men were gay. Man take that crap and put it in the garbage. It's this push to tie the struggle of African Americans and Civil Rights to the plight of Gay individuals in America. Unfortunately, Being Gay has nothing to do with being taken from your homeland and beaten and killed through 400 years of indentured servitude. This is what Malcolm meant when he said "Plymouth Rock landed on us". Not buying it, don't believe it, never accepting it and honestly am somewhat offended. Go out half of the Conservative Gay Congressmen that just happen to be Caucasian if you want a real story.
WELL PUT

oh boi
laugh.gif

I guess his style switches like a %%$$%
grin.gif

oh boi
laugh.gif

I guess his style switches like a %%$$%
grin.gif

Originally Posted by solesavage

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Some of the most powerful men in history where gay/bisexual (Eg. Alexander the Great)...

I'm not homophobic or ignorant, so I don't equate homosexuality to tarnishing the image of the "black man" in this country. Out of the long list of things that tarnishes the image of black men, homosexuality is at the bottom.

With that being said, if true this doesn't change my view on him but it does make me more "interested" in his story.
laugh.gif
 seriously.. dudes on here upset cuz' this will tarnish Malcolm's image as a gun-totting ex goon. 

Originally Posted by solesavage

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Some of the most powerful men in history where gay/bisexual (Eg. Alexander the Great)...

I'm not homophobic or ignorant, so I don't equate homosexuality to tarnishing the image of the "black man" in this country. Out of the long list of things that tarnishes the image of black men, homosexuality is at the bottom.

With that being said, if true this doesn't change my view on him but it does make me more "interested" in his story.
laugh.gif
 seriously.. dudes on here upset cuz' this will tarnish Malcolm's image as a gun-totting ex goon. 

I agree with what you're saying here for the most part. But it doesn't take away from the likelihood of him being bisexual. 

I agree with what you're saying here for the most part. But it doesn't take away from the likelihood of him being bisexual. 

This isn't a TMZ report, this is a biography the guy spent 20+ years working on, the part about his sexuality is quite small and there are a number of other interesting things in the book that are talked about.  While I understand the argument of they try to make every black guy gay, a lot of them are but unfortunately your community isn't accepting of the culture and people hide it word to Mr. Cee.

This isn't a TMZ report, this is a biography the guy spent 20+ years working on, the part about his sexuality is quite small and there are a number of other interesting things in the book that are talked about.  While I understand the argument of they try to make every black guy gay, a lot of them are but unfortunately your community isn't accepting of the culture and people hide it word to Mr. Cee.

Originally Posted by sreggie101

Guppetto said:
airmaxpenny1 said:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@ these responses this is the man who wrote the book.  The black communities "homophobia."
30t6p3b.gif

alg_manning_marable.jpg

But I'm sure he was just trying to "discredit" Malcom
laugh.gif
.  Why would Malcom having sex with a man discredit anything he did.  He also talks about who killed Malcom and brings new info to light.  Just started reading it but I'd suggest everybody try picking it up.

I don't care if he's purple, It's no coincidence that these stories keep getting dropped in the media to slowly but surely try to massage people attitudes about Gay Rights and Civil Rights. The two aren't related. Oppressing and mistreating people is closely related to gay rights, but there are thousands of years of history on civilizations that have fought that struggle

i find this statement very interesting...could you expand on this? (not saying you're wrong by any means btw)

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

To compare the gay Rights Movement To the Civil Rights Movement is like deleting the Slavery part that led to the civil rights movement. Gay people are definitely wrongly ostracized, mistreated, and denied some of the rights other citizens in this country have access to. You can find people all throughout history that have faced this type struggle. However, Gay People were not taken from their homeland, forced into indentured servitude, beaten as a form of mental conditioning, raped as a form of resource management, had their families forcefully split up, taught to hate their skin color, stripped of religion, denied education etc.... just to create a cheap labor workforce. The Civil rights movement is bigger than Social acceptance, voting rights, marriage rights and perceived equal opportunity. Anyone that knows black history would tell you, compared to slaves, Gay people have it a 1000 times better. Wrong is wrong but slavery is a "Whole other type of wrong" (Please excuse my English)! The Holocaust is probably the only thing that comes close in comparison, but even it didn't last 400 years.

You have to see how the media shapes the attitudes of people. For Instance, Conservatives convinced Americans they didn't need a comprehensive Universal Healthcare plan simply by saying it's to expensive long enough in the media. Now we already have the most expensive comprehensive healthcare system in the world called "the trip to the emergency room with no insurance", leading to tax payers footing the bill. However, if you float an idea long enough so that people become numb to it, you can mentally condition them to accept it. Once they include an idea in their generic understanding of the way things are, it's amazing what other seemingly logical conclusions you can lead people to.

Originally Posted by sreggie101

Guppetto said:
airmaxpenny1 said:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@ these responses this is the man who wrote the book.  The black communities "homophobia."
30t6p3b.gif

alg_manning_marable.jpg

But I'm sure he was just trying to "discredit" Malcom
laugh.gif
.  Why would Malcom having sex with a man discredit anything he did.  He also talks about who killed Malcom and brings new info to light.  Just started reading it but I'd suggest everybody try picking it up.

I don't care if he's purple, It's no coincidence that these stories keep getting dropped in the media to slowly but surely try to massage people attitudes about Gay Rights and Civil Rights. The two aren't related. Oppressing and mistreating people is closely related to gay rights, but there are thousands of years of history on civilizations that have fought that struggle

i find this statement very interesting...could you expand on this? (not saying you're wrong by any means btw)

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

To compare the gay Rights Movement To the Civil Rights Movement is like deleting the Slavery part that led to the civil rights movement. Gay people are definitely wrongly ostracized, mistreated, and denied some of the rights other citizens in this country have access to. You can find people all throughout history that have faced this type struggle. However, Gay People were not taken from their homeland, forced into indentured servitude, beaten as a form of mental conditioning, raped as a form of resource management, had their families forcefully split up, taught to hate their skin color, stripped of religion, denied education etc.... just to create a cheap labor workforce. The Civil rights movement is bigger than Social acceptance, voting rights, marriage rights and perceived equal opportunity. Anyone that knows black history would tell you, compared to slaves, Gay people have it a 1000 times better. Wrong is wrong but slavery is a "Whole other type of wrong" (Please excuse my English)! The Holocaust is probably the only thing that comes close in comparison, but even it didn't last 400 years.

You have to see how the media shapes the attitudes of people. For Instance, Conservatives convinced Americans they didn't need a comprehensive Universal Healthcare plan simply by saying it's to expensive long enough in the media. Now we already have the most expensive comprehensive healthcare system in the world called "the trip to the emergency room with no insurance", leading to tax payers footing the bill. However, if you float an idea long enough so that people become numb to it, you can mentally condition them to accept it. Once they include an idea in their generic understanding of the way things are, it's amazing what other seemingly logical conclusions you can lead people to.

You guys don't realize what they are doing? They came out with facts that Martin had multiple affairs and now Malcolm is Gay. When people of the future look back they will think that we were uncivilized. But this is complete bologna another attempt of by the "man" to discredit the black man..smh

You guys don't realize what they are doing? They came out with facts that Martin had multiple affairs and now Malcolm is Gay. When people of the future look back they will think that we were uncivilized. But this is complete bologna another attempt of by the "man" to discredit the black man..smh

Originally Posted by LarryEastwood

Um.........MLK did have multiple affairs? Doesn't make me think any less of him, he wasn't a "Saint". He is a man like you and I and liked vagina. Many white men in history were sexual degenerates. Some of this country's founding fathers frequented brothels and had illegitimate children with slaves. These accounts are well documented, and doesn't make white people think any less of them.

Bill Clinton's sex scandal didn't make me think that much less of him as a president, as long as it didn't interfere with his job.

Malcom is gay....big whoop. The only people that equate this to discrediting the black man probably think less of homosexuals and are projecting their attitude toward homosexuals to the perceived "image" of the black man.

Originally Posted by LarryEastwood

Um.........MLK did have multiple affairs? Doesn't make me think any less of him, he wasn't a "Saint". He is a man like you and I and liked vagina. Many white men in history were sexual degenerates. Some of this country's founding fathers frequented brothels and had illegitimate children with slaves. These accounts are well documented, and doesn't make white people think any less of them.

Bill Clinton's sex scandal didn't make me think that much less of him as a president, as long as it didn't interfere with his job.

Malcom is gay....big whoop. The only people that equate this to discrediting the black man probably think less of homosexuals and are projecting their attitude toward homosexuals to the perceived "image" of the black man.

Back
Top Bottom