So Early In the Season... Bye Bye Caron smh

[h2]Washington Wizards may be prepping to deal[/h2]
By Mark J. Miller

The Washington Wizards are 7-16 so far this season and in third-to-last place in the Atlantic Division. Only the two-game-winner New Jersey Nets and six-game-winner Philadelphia 76ers are saving the Wizards from a worst placement.

Well, it appears that the team's front office is ready to break up this roster a little and try and shake things up, according to the Washington Times.

Team execs apparently don't want to be spending the $79.18 million (and $8 million luxury tax) on this bunch. It might be time to ditch two-time All-Star forward Caron Butler(notes), who the Wizards could have gotten rid of in the off-season by trading him (and the No. 5 pick) to the Phoenix Suns for Amare' Stoudemire. Team president Ernie Grunfeld must be kicking himself now on that one. A few teams are supposedly still interested in Butler.

Gilbert Arenas(notes), for one, isn't into the idea: "No, you don't want that," he told the paper. "When you make a trade in-season, then you seem desperate. We have the pieces. We have all the pieces we need. We just need to get them firing."

Never let them see you sweat, Gilbert, even when you've only won seven games.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post/Washington-Wizards-may-be-prepping-to-deal?urn=nba,209756

Hopefully this happens as Caron will have a better chance winning somewhere else rather than here in DC.

If that trade would have went down, Amare would have already had a season-ending injury right now in a Wiz uniform.

It is what it is.

But, business wise. We not selling out games, and if you paying over the luxury tax you should atleast be a top 8 team in your conference.

But Butler isn't theproblem.....................................................................................................................................................................

If Leonsis takes over, he's gonna clean house....

Like EOH said, Butler isn't the problem but he has the most "tradable" contract out of the big 3.

I'd love for Gilbert to get out of town, but it seems like we're stuck w. him for better/worse. This will go down as one of the most idiotic contractsin NBA history. Like I heard on 980 the other day, Gil isn't a max-deal or a 100+ mil player...he's a guy who you give 60 mil to, but with a contractthat big, you're gonna be stuck...shades of Allan Houston
smh.gif

I say we wait till we get miller back healthy on the line up to see how this squad will work out... If nothing is poping off by all star break i think teamsthat are making the deep playoff push will be interested in Jamison or Butler...

I can't believe before the season started i stated that this squad was going to win 45-50 games...
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

If that trade would have went down, Amare would have already had a season-ending injury right now in a Wiz uniform.

It is what it is.

But, business wise. We not selling out games, and if you paying over the luxury tax you should atleast be a top 8 team in your conference.

But Butler isn't the problem.....................................................................................................................................................................

.....Arenas is.

My-T.

Gil is laughing all the way to the bank....and Lamison won't hold up the full season either....somebody has to go soon...

Jamison has only missed 4 games in the past 2 years.

He's the only consistent player on the team.

My-T.

this is true but he's out there on 1 leg tho....what was he out for earlier this season?

haha talk about missing out Amare is playing amazing ball. All start starter and deserved it.

Originally Posted by MyTsharp

It is what it is.

But Butler isn't the problem.....................................................................................................................................................................

.....Arenas is.

My-T.

forreal Arenas is a bum idk y they gave him that superstar money when he isnt even an allstar

Originally Posted by Dynamics82

It is what it is.

.....Arenas is.

My-T.

forreal Arenas is a bum idk y they gave him that superstar money when he isnt even an allstar

So you're telling me that is Arenas was to never get hurt and was still playing at the level he was when he ended up starting in the All Star game,he's still not an all-star/ super star? Yeah okay... We've BEEN needing an inside Presence. I don't care what anyone says, Jamison is a6'9" Small Forward. he needs to play at the 3.
We need a Bruiser. Which makes me even more upset we didn't draft Wes Unseld 2.0 this year (Blair is balling off the bench for San Antonio) the trade toMinnesota wasn't the answer... the team's front office and team needs to be obliterated... Only people I'd keep would be Blatche, Crittendon, Foye,Young, Haywood, & Jamison (who'll be trade bait as Blatche steadily gets better).

Originally Posted by RamZs8906

It is what it is.

.....Arenas is.

My-T.

So you're telling me that is Arenas was to never get hurt and was still playing at the level he was when he ended up starting in the All Star game, he's still not an all-star/ super star? Yeah okay... We've BEEN needing an inside Presence. I don't care what anyone says, Jamison is a 6'9" Small Forward. he needs to play at the 3.
We need a Bruiser. Which makes me even more upset we didn't draft Wes Unseld 2.0 this year (Blair is balling off the bench for San Antonio) the trade to Minnesota wasn't the answer... the team's front office and team needs to be obliterated... Only people I'd keep would be Blatche, Crittendon, Foye, Young, Haywood, & Jamison (who'll be trade bait as Blatche steadily gets better).

the wizards play better without him period
he messes up the team chemistry

Originally Posted by RamZs8906

It is what it is.

.....Arenas is.

My-T.

So you're telling me that is Arenas was to never get hurt and was still playing at the level he was when he ended up starting in the All Star game, he's still not an all-star/ super star? Yeah okay... We've BEEN needing an inside Presence. I don't care what anyone says, Jamison is a 6'9" Small Forward. he needs to play at the 3.
We need a Bruiser. Which makes me even more upset we didn't draft Wes Unseld 2.0 this year (Blair is balling off the bench for San Antonio) the trade to Minnesota wasn't the answer... the team's front office and team needs to be obliterated... Only people I'd keep would be Blatche, Crittendon, Foye, Young, Haywood, & Jamison (who'll be trade bait as Blatche steadily gets better).
Arenas is still part of the problem. His contract makes him impossible to move. And the worse part is we gave him his contract after beinginjured. So he had one or two good years made the all star team and then got a max deal. But he is not a max deal player. And honestly even if Arenas nevergot hurt I dont know if you can win a championship with him. The buzzer beaters are cool, but to miss the free throws with the game on the line in theplayoffs. Thats not max deal/ championship type player

I dont think they're moving Caron because they think he's the problem, they're probably moving him because he has the most worth in terms of skilland contract for another team

^^

he IS... and i HATE his game. so soft, but son does jivelike average 20 and 10. you CANNOT deny those numbers

smh.gif

Originally Posted by IMPORTKING

no lie... jamison is probably the best player on the team.

And THATS not a good thing. Something we talked about on our show and will again this week.

The Wiz call those dudes the big three and they are Hardly ANYONE's Big Three. Compare them to other Top three players in the League and NO they dontcompete or can be held to that standard.

In LA those guys can't even be called the Big THree.. just Kobe and everyone else who is a supporting player. The best the Wiz can hope for is thatLeonsis does what he does and prepare for a 5 year plan.

Lets hope they go back to the Bullets in the mean time. Can we start THAT petition?

why is everyone assuming leonis is going to take over? the probability is high but leonis isn't as rich as he once was and any wizards deals would mostlikely include him purchasing the verizon center. i'd love to see leonis clean house, but I feel that Grunfeld is pretty smart and a pretty good GM (thoughnot necessarily doing a good job). I'd be more willing to keep Jamison and Arenas (Arenas by force) and try to trade CB for a low post banger. If somehowwe get a legit point a line up of PG, Arenas, Jamison, PF and Haywood isn't bad.

in my opinion CARON needs to stay. Antawn and Gilbert need to go. No need for 3 scores to play the same pos. gilbert 2 caron 3 antwan 3 (not a true 4)
could of been traded GILBERT or JAMISON and gotten either a GOOD point man or a good BIG man. The wizards shouldnt be under .500 with 3 "BIG"players. the roster just doesnt make sense.
WE just need a better point and big man and we'll be good with BUTLER.

Back
Top Bottom