So every animal has a natural predator right?

I mean most apes are ATLEAST as big as the average man. Even a chimp, which is a smallish ape is on average 5'6, 150lbs...but they are exponentially stronger than a human

Maybe we're thinking too narrow, though. If you think about it our natural predators are things that we don't typically consider "animals"...I'm talking about bacteria/viruses/any microbe really. Compared to any other species on Earth the human population is DEVASTATED by these things on a daily basis...there's just so many of us it doesn't really affect our population count. Even the healthiest person can still get a crippling virus or cancer for seemingly no reason...

Originally Posted by hazmatic101

Maybe we're thinking too narrow, though. If you think about it our natural predators are things that we don't typically consider "animals"...I'm talking about bacteria/viruses/any microbe really. Compared to any other species on Earth the human population is DEVASTATED by these things on a daily basis...there's just so many of us it doesn't really affect our population count. Even the healthiest person can still get a crippling virus or cancer for seemingly no reason...

I mean I feel you, but every species on Earth is affected by disease, even dogs get cancer.  Its not a human specific thing

I might sound silly... But are there mentally ******ed animals aside from humans? Are there diseases similar to AIDS or HIV that other mammals pass on to each other?

I think about some of this stuff daily and I don't smoke

We are our own natural predator, we are nothing more than bacteria to the Earth and all we do is destroy the place we live in, we will eventually kill ourselves or the planet will kill us on its own as retaliation.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

We are our own natural predator, we are nothing more than bacteria to the Earth and all we do is destroy the place we live in, we will eventually kill ourselves or the planet will kill us on its own as retaliation.
were you just reading "The Lost World"?

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Originally Posted by el cuco

Well females can be considered our predators....diseases, child-support, headaches, heartaches....etc.

well them or aliens
alien.gif

kanye-shrug.jpg%3Fw%3D385%26h%3D257

Weaksauce attempt at some LULZ

laugh.gif
pot calling the tea kettle black. And honestly as soon as I read the 2nd sentence I though to myself almost exactly what you typed OP. I agree, humans are our own predators. Since we have more intricate judgment than almost any other organism on this planet I think you're right.

Originally Posted by solarius49

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

were you just reading "The Lost World"?
Nope, who is it written by?
I always felt that way, especially with how we keep polluting the Earth we live in and stripping every ounce of its resources on a daily basis, plus how we constantly destroy one another and trash the place we live in....no different from roaches in the grand scheme of things.  I feel natural disasters are the mother Earth;s way of being upset with us, and they have become more frequent and more powerful.

Maybe no, since we are technically at the "top of the food chain".
But if we had no weapons and it was humans vs. bears/sharks/lions, we would most likely all die
laugh.gif

Or viruses and diseases can easily wipe us out.

Originally Posted by ThaT Dude173

What's the alligators natural predator ? Also sharks ?

Most likely humans as well.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but arent alligators primarily a freshwater species?  If so they would rarely if ever encounter sharks.  They would primarily come into danger when then encounter humans.  But dont alligators often kill their young (i could be wrong)? if so they could be in the same boat as humans

Well i didnt mean sharks vs gators . I meant like for each one.

Ourselves.Humanity views itself as its worse enemy we find excuses to slaughter ourselves , from clothing color,skin color,hair color,eye color,nose shape etc.We need a reason to kill ourselves

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

So i've been sippin and watchin Planet Earth and was thinking.....every animal has a natural predator, Lions:Antelope, Snakes:Birds ect.  And i figure that any animal who is too big/smart to have a natural predator, their predators are human beings.  Humans are responsible for the endangerments for Rhinos, elephants, eagles, dolphins, and other animals who would otherwise have little other threat from animals in the wild.
my question is this: Is man, the human being, its own natural predator?  Are we meant to kill each other as an ecological effect for population control/to avoid further damage by man to the ecological system?

Wolves and big cats are our natural predator but since man made weapons we came above everything. We have no predators any more. We are the top of the food chain so only Man can challenge man at the moment
[font=Verdana, sans-serif]
[/font]
No we're not.

Bacteria/Diseases are human natural predator

What made me really think about this question was in the movie, Chronicle, when Andrew was talking about apex predators. I don't know, it just made me think for a second...

Well females can be considered our predators....diseases, child-support, headaches, heartaches....etc.

well them or aliens
alien.gif

I dont think so. It was legitimately funny.

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

well them or aliens
alien.gif

I dont think so. It was legitimately funny.

you are easily amused bro.

well them or aliens
alien.gif

1312044038265.gif

Originally Posted by Warrior On It

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Average white girls
laugh.gif

caught me off guard.

I would assume every creature is capable of being the prey.

that bought the lulz. Mine is short latina girls. smh

Originally Posted by throwback1718

I might sound silly... But are there mentally ******ed animals aside from humans? Are there diseases similar to AIDS or HIV that other mammals pass on to each other?

I think about some of this stuff daily and I don't smoke
Yes, there definitely are.And on the AIDS/HIV note, AIDS originated within Monkeys, and was spread to humans through blood.

So i've been sippin and watchin Planet Earth and was thinking.....every animal has a natural predator, Lions:Antelope, Snakes:Birds ect.  And i figure that any animal who is too big/smart to have a natural predator, their predators are human beings.  Humans are responsible for the endangerments for Rhinos, elephants, eagles, dolphins, and other animals who would otherwise have little other threat from animals in the wild.
my question is this: Is man, the human being, its own natural predator?  Are we meant to kill each other as an ecological effect for population control/to avoid further damage by man to the ecological system?

Nice post, I like topics like these -the only thing I would point out though is that "Man" was never meant to do anything -Evolution just is, it has no will or pre-determined state. 
We just got "lucky".

For what you're trying to get at though, Miles was correct, big cats and wolves were our natural predators as far as animals go -to our early ancestors at least. Stone tools and fire were obviously the two big developments that allowed early hominids to overcome these predators to such an extent where they no longer posed any kind of threat to our survival.

Back
Top Bottom