So every new Retro Jay is going to come in a pack?

Jordan has been putting outmany packs lately. I don't like how it forces people to shell out several hundred dollars for 2 shoes, when they usually reallyonly want 1 of the 2. And AirUpHere has a good idea, the packs should be $230..it is a bit more reasonable. The shoes are all made in china anyways and doesntcost much to physically make them. Its not like JB increased the quality of the shoes either, and they dont even have to spend much money on marketing--ihaven't seen a commercial for the packs on tv or anything. It's not about charging $155 for a shoe mainly, but its about giving people the choice tobuy 1 shoe that they like instead of forcing them to buy 2 at 1 time and have to deal with trying to sell the one pair they dont like to get their money back.

If you want them, buy them. If you don't, keep your money. It sux yeah, but there 8nt a thing any of us can do about it. We've griped over this forover a year, and at the end of the day if you want Retros in 08, with the exclusion of the QS, you will buy the Countdown Pkgs.

Yea it sucks.Looks like I'm going to have to buy the white/red 2's with the 21's.
mad.gif

Originally Posted by DCS23

Originally Posted by RockAJs

Originally Posted by ChampionHood

Originally Posted by ChetterBear01

the thing I'm really opposed to is the price. it's like paying $155 a pair! I know no one would pay $155 for some retro Xs or XIIIs, so why would they pay $155 each for both? I just don't get it. I would consider buying a few if they kept it at legit prices for the shoes, but this is some bs
smh.gif

you forgot da retail on XIII's were 150?
grin.gif

don't forget the tax, where I live it's 8.25% which is about $26 it huuuuurrrrtttsss!
eyes.gif
you want to talk tax, try us out here in ontario, canada...we get taxed 15% !!!

uhh no it's 13% here in ontario

but our retail is BS, it was 399.99

No offense to ANY1,but,if you cant afford them or have a complaint about the price don't buy em',and the funny thing is,95% of the complainingcommunity is still gonna cop! Probably 2 times lol
laugh.gif
....1 for the bad guy(JB)

Originally Posted by gime2purr

No offense to ANY1,but,if you cant afford them or have a complaint about the price don't buy em',and the funny thing is,95% of the complaining community is still gonna cop! Probably 2 times lol
laugh.gif

ok... dat stl dosnt mak these price hikes ok... it has ta stop sumwer... if we dont complain then price will continue ta climb and sooner or later we wilb payn lyk $500 for a pair of J's
mad.gif
and wether or not we cop isnt the issue kuz the ppl r gonna pay these ridiculouse price no-matter wat...so if we dnt say n e thing... things wont change
ohwell.gif

310 is crazy im buyin them yes but 310 makes it easy for me to pass on packs i dont really want like the 9/14 pack. But gas is at 3.19 in Tampa who can icomplain that fact too.

The price is hella high i think they should make it cheaper when you buy two in one pack because your buying two at once you should get a price cut..Ima stillbuy the ones i like though....and gas is $3.70 here in california!!!

....this is gonna be a tough year. I'm gonna go broke...I want the Carmines, but not the XVII's. I want the Hares, but not the XVI's. I want theWhite/Black IX's, but not the XIV's. But I gotta buy the pack just to get the shoes, so I'm complainin' for no reason, because I'm stillgoin' to buy the pack. That's wack. That's a fact. Action packed Hackey Sack is what my kick game is like.

(oooh that's ill)

Anyway, I still got bills I gotta pay throughout the year...if I don't have the money, I wont cop, simple as that.

These Are Suppose To Be Retro Jordans But The Prices Are Really Retro. JB Actin Like This Is The First Time These Shoes Been Out. I Didnt Really LikePaying $150+ Back Then. I Dont Know How I Feel About It Now.

Originally Posted by Nonsense08

Originally Posted by gime2purr

No offense to ANY1,but,if you cant afford them or have a complaint about the price don't buy em',and the funny thing is,95% of the complaining community is still gonna cop! Probably 2 times lol
laugh.gif

ok... dat stl dosnt mak these price hikes ok... it has ta stop sumwer... if we dont complain then price will continue ta climb and sooner or later we wil b payn lyk $500 for a pair of J's
mad.gif
and wether or not we cop isnt the issue kuz the ppl r gonna pay these ridiculouse price no-matter wat... so if we dnt say n e thing... things wont change
ohwell.gif
actions speak louder then words the only way that prices would have a chance at coming down is if people stop buying all together since that is notgoing to happen there is no reason to change prices. like everyone else said if you do not agree with the price do not buy.

If you sold a product with marginal quality at a high price (which so many companies do nowdays ) and of course some of your clientelle complained, but forwhatever reason you still saw record profits each year... what would you do? Lower prices? Make better quality products? Why? There's no incentive to. JBis not your friend, JB is a business...their sole purpose is to maximize profits.

Jordan Brand is no different than Apple, Microsoft, etc...

People complain but still break their necks trying to give these very companies their hard earned dollar. If folk stopped buying these stupid packs and uglyshoes it might push JB to re-evaluate its strategy.

With that said, I only want the 3s and the 4s, so instead of buying these stupid packs, i'll be buying the shoe i want indepedently. I'm not going tobe forced to pay for a pair of shoes i dont want.

Imagine Lexus telling you in order to buy the GS430, you'd have to also buy a Corolla along with it? Sounds crazy huh? So why do we allow JB to do this?

that's why i'm holding onto my DS grapes just in case people wanna trade them unwanted pack. well, that's a smart, cunning and GREEDY marketingstrategy coz no matter what, them packs will sell out like pancakes...

to be honest I am kinda glad JB decided to do this.. I helped me take a step out the game and save a bunch of money this year.. Thanks JB!

Originally Posted by AirJordanVI

155$ a shoe and you can easily sell the shoe you don't want for 175+

I don't know about that my man. Most people will be trying to get rid of the same shoe. Hence the supply will outweigh the demand, which will thenforce people to either keep their unwanted pairs or sell them for less than what they paid for them.

Back
Top Bottom