So I passed by an ATM that read..."Would You Like Another Transaction"....WWYD

Its 230 am and we just outta the club. We were walking back to our car and while passing a bank with an ATM in front of it, I noticed that it was still on ascreen that offered to do another transaction. Someone left their card in there after they finished their transaction.

I stopped in front of it and thought about takin some cash out but I decided to just click "no" The receipt and card came out and the person had 21Gs in the account. My boy said i effed up and that he would have done it and that I could have had maybe 500 bucks in my hands. Im like, if this happenedto me, i would be pissed and would wanna go to the video cameras and get the dude who jacked me (even if it was my mistake for leaving my card in the machine.)Im not thinking twice about it right now, im just posing the question to people here

Have any of you passed by a loaded ATM like this?

What did you do?

Personally you did the right thing. You aren't entitled to another person's money, even if they made a stupid mistake. What did you do with the card?The best is to get a hold of the bank that it's from, and let them know you have the person's card, so they can contact the owner. Maybe you will get acash reward, or maybe just the reward is knowing that you did the right thing.

Originally Posted by DieselG5

they ask for the pin agian
Some of em don't...I know for a long time Chase ones didn't. I don't know if they do nowbecause I'm RARELY at an ATM.

some ATMS dont ask for a pin # to be entered again, i think depending on the bank.

I have the card still and the receipt. Im takin it to the bank monday to turn it in.

You would have had to give the money back anyway. They keep cameras at most ATM machines. So I'm sure once that person reported their card missing, theauthorities would have seen you were the one that withdrew money from their account. You did the right thing.

Bank of America wouldve asked you to re enter pin

an after a certain time expires the machine shreds the card an the machine is back to normal.

Sovereign doesn't ask to re-enter the pin, but most ATM's have cameras. But hey, risk is only a game.

I would have hit "no" on the screen, canceled that %%%# out, and held the card until the next day when I could drop it back off at the bank....thatain't free money, and it's dishonest and being a thief if you take it.

It sucks for anyone when they lose their wallet or CC....sometimes we do a lot of dumb things when we're in a hurry. I'm sure whoever lost the card isa bit nervous right now.

Even since they do ask for the PIN again, your heart was in the right place.
pimp.gif

this happened to me once, I just hit cancel and kept it moving. Had to double checked when I finished my transaction too. F' that "keeping itreal" nonsense

Originally Posted by DieselG5

they ask for the pin agian
not all ATMs do that when you make another transaction...especially if the card is still in the machine.

i would have walked off and came back with something covering my face so they can't tell who it was on the camera. then i would have proceeded to empty outthat account
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom