So I saved a life..

They have too many limitations on who can donate though, at least they do here. I wanted to give blood many times, but I lived in Germany during the 90s so Iam ineligible

Good job!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by FromThaTown

Props to you OP, I always thought about doing it too, but my body is polluted like Tony Montana's wife's womb.

Trust man, I got so much THC in my system they looked past that. Still went on my daily routine of getting lit and all the tests and procedures went by withminimal problems.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by derventa

So what affect does this have on you? Is your life expectancy reduced?
There's temporary pain, minor aches (to them it seemed like it should've been more severe, but I barely had any pain so they weresurprised). No, my life expectancy is the same, all I did was donate excess blood stem cell from my bones that were created from a drug they gave me.
Originally Posted by Lorizzle

Did it hurt? Cause yea I saw it on House and the kid got his extracted from him and for some reason he wasn't anesthetized and it looked like the most painful thing in the world =S.
Walk us through it op!
There are two different procedures for collecting marrow. I did the peripheral blood stem cell transplant procedure. Basically, they put needlesin your veins and draw out the cells they need.
The other procedure, is where they collect it directly from your spine or hip, which I hear is pretty painful, but only in some circumstances they do that.
Originally Posted by Matt Barkley Heisman Number 8

you get to meet this person?
He will remain anonymous for a year, then we can agree to meet some day.
Originally Posted by 11wordisbond

Much respect brother. I've been wanting to sign up for the registry for the past three years and have just been putting it off. I know there is a shortage in bone marrow database for the asian male population and I told myself this is something I must do. Thanks for the motivation as well as the selfless gesture.
It's a really simple process to sign up. All you gotta do is send in a cheek swab test. Some campuses even hold marrow drives to get largerpopulations. Fasho man, appreciate it, and good luck.

And thanks Nick, and all of you very much for the gratitude, appreciate it a lot. NT
pimp.gif

i went to sign up, but then they hit me with a $100 kit fee and i figured i'd just stick with donating blood...it doesn't hurt my pockets at the end ofthe day.

Originally Posted by 03silverbullet

i went to sign up, but then they hit me with a $100 kit fee and i figured i'd just stick with donating blood...it doesn't hurt my pockets at the end of the day.
If you do it at a bone marrow drive nearby, I'm pretty sure they'll have a cheek swab test ready, which should be at no cost. Also, theNmdp are reimbursing for any funds spent, even meals, etc.
Originally Posted by GIveMEshoes

did it hurt?
Just imagine a fairly small sized needle going through you.

And thanks everyone ^

always wanted to sign up for this. Just did it.
I'm already an organ donor. i need to sign up for plasma too

Back
Top Bottom