So If you Were A Brand New Artist And Your First Album Was.....

Blueprint 3, would you be satisfied looking back two years later???
(i always think of random +!%$ like this and this one has been reoccurring for some time now 
laugh.gif
)

I'd probably quit from the shame and ridicule. You got to be in the game at least a decade to come out with a bad album like Blueprint III and get away with it.

Originally Posted by LiquidCREAM

I'd probably quit from the shame and ridicule. You got to be in the game at least a decade to come out with a bad album like Blueprint III and get away with it.

An album with Run This Town, Empire State of Mind, and Young Forever would be considered a smash by anyone other than Jay-Z.
I'd be thrilled to have three songs like that (and with that buzz... think of every commercial you heard with Empire State). The rest of the album is like 60% worth listening to. Not bad for a first drop.

this thread got currently spinning this album, and there's nothing bad about... i mean sure it's not as great as some of his other albums, but its still a good album.
ohwell.gif

empire state of mind
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

a star is born
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

hate
doa
on to the next one
thank you

I enjoyed BP3... Got A LOT of spins from me when it dropped & I still play it from time to time.

So Ambitious & Already Home
pimp.gif

To kind of branch off your topic, how would we view a rapper whose record consisted of Kingdom Come, American Gangster, BP3, and WTT?

As a first album? With those beats and features? Absolutely. And Off That (aside from being full of lies) isn't bad.

That album isn't great (it's weak by Jay's standards) but it's a good album. As a debut? You're out of your mind if you'd be ashamed of that.

It was a pretty good album. Nothing like RD or BP, but had another artist released something like that - especially a debut - it would've been definitely made an outstanding impression.

Empire State of Mind
Run This Town
A Star is Born
Young Forever

etc. are prime tracks

D.O.A.
On To The Next One

etc. are edgy, new, and very different

If a new artist would've came out like that, would've earned my respect off the bat.

on to the next one was probably my favorite jam on the album. I'd be content with the album overall though

Originally Posted by jomitm

It was a pretty good album. Nothing like RD or BP, but had another artist released something like that - especially a debut - it would've been definitely made an outstanding impression.

Empire State of Mind
Run This Town
A Star is Born
Young Forever

etc. are prime tracks

D.O.A.
On To The Next One

etc. are edgy, new, and very different

If a new artist would've came out like that, would've earned my respect off the bat.

Thread/.

Of course not. Save for like two songs the sound of that album is trash.

But I'm pretty sure everybody posting in here would not have the same impact Jay had even if they were spitting those lyrics with those features. So it probably wouldn't even sell that well. Maybe a gold album.

A debut of that magnitude would be considered a critically acclaimed debut. With features from Luke Steele, Kanye, Timbaland, and Pharrel, just to name a few, the expectations would have been monumental.

Now on the consumer side of things, knowing an album like this is on the horizon, I am expecting big things...I honestly would've been let down. It felt too manufactured, as opposed to true artistry. I enjoyed the album for what it is, knowing who Jay is at the point in time w/ his career. But as a new artist, personally I wouldn't give much credence. J. Cole would be a great example of this...although he took the artistry route, and it wasn't appealing to me. lol

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Of course not. Save for like two songs the sound of that album is trash.

But I'm pretty sure everybody posting in here would not have the same impact Jay had even if they were spitting those lyrics with those features. So it probably wouldn't even sell that well. Maybe a gold album.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

Originally Posted by ChipToothSmile

why BP3?

idk...just an interesting though...if i put Kingdon Come, everybody would've said no 
laugh.gif
I would have still have said yes. That album had a lot of bright spots on it. It had some subpar tracks for his standards but for the most part they banged when they came out, they just didnt have any staying power like his songs usually do.

Since when was The BP3 wack though? I was never informed. I could have sworn it was an album where every song had potential to be a single, yet still had deep meanings and "real rap elements" in it.

Originally Posted by Young Handsome

sure... blueprint 3 is a good album.
yup
I skip over Pharell, Jeezy, Haters, but the rest is cool and "on to the next one" and "reminder" and def something to blast in the whip

Seeing that "Run This Town" & "New York State of Mind" was played everywhere, and I having that $ in my pocket.

Back
Top Bottom